The Expanse (SyFy)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This show was 5 seasons that was dominated by the protomolecule, which they pretty much dropped altogether in the last season. That is incomplete and IMO bad storytelling. And the war ended so abruptly, it felt forced.
I for one wonder what the point of the protomolecule was when the hero of the show even wonders aloud about it being a loose end in the season finale, and I say season finale because that is what it says in the show notes. I do like the way the Belters feel the issue being resolved with them in charge of the ring. Of course we all know that feeling won't last long. What I really took away from that series, is no matter on Earth, Space, or Mars, or planets on the ring, humans are humans with human nature and nothing changes us. Still war mongering greedy SOBS! :biglaugh:

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
This show was 5 seasons that was dominated by the protomolecule, which they pretty much dropped altogether in the last season. That is incomplete and IMO bad storytelling. And the war ended so abruptly, it felt forced.

Maybe I feel less that way since as soon as I knew that it was going to be a 6-ep final season, I already braced myself for a less than stellar splashdown. I was just happy to see the gang again for one last time. (Hopefully not.)

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm a fan. I'm a huge fan.

I don't particularly feel crapped on.

I know for a fact because of the books that the story of The Expanse is, pardon the pun, so much more expansive than even another 15 episodes of this show can cover.

It ended the major arc of the past two seasons (the Belter War) and it left it open-ended for the casual viewer to possibly want to explore the rest in the books. In the meantime, those of us paying attention (you know, the fans) know that showrunners are exploring as many avenues as they can to continue the story told in the show (since it has veered slightly from the books), including movies, animation and maybe even comics.

Maybe YOU feel crapped on, but you don't really approach most shows as a fan. You approach them as someone who has a taste and THEY have to conform to YOUR tastes or YOU aren't happy.
Yeah, okay. I'm the snob because I wanted them to wrap up the series in the series finale lol Sure, bud. Maybe you're happy with it, but everyone else I've talked with has been confused, frustrated, or angry about it. And, oh by the way, the job of a series finale isn't to be a teaser to get you into the books. Show runners don't give a damn about book readership because they're not the same folks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, okay. I'm the snob because I wanted them to wrap up the series in the series finale lol Sure, bud. Maybe you're happy with it, but everyone else I've talked with has been confused, frustrated, or angry about it. And, oh by the way, the job of a series finale isn't to be a teaser to get you into the books. Show runners don't give a damn about book readership because they're not the same folks.
I wasn't really confused by it or angry, but it definitely felt rushed. I read that they knew this episode was going to be one of the most costly to date so it sounds like they tried to cram everything in. I was just disappointed.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I wasn't really confused by it or angry, but it definitely felt rushed. I read that they knew this episode was going to be one of the most costly to date so it sounds like they tried to cram everything in. I was just disappointed.
Disappointment too. That makes perfect sense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose