The End

Reaction score
The past day has been so frustrating being a Cardinal fan and I beginning to think it might be the end as a fan. I was a fan when the Cards moved here and still a season ticket holder, but I think that is all about to change. I have a hard time just not being a fan anymore, but the pain of being a fan is getting to be just to much. Having David Boston leave for nothing probably tops the list of the worst mistakes by this organization out of huge list. I loved watching this kid play and at 24 he still has a solid decade of playing time in front of him. Also since we have 33 million in cap and no one good on our team what free agent will even want to come here now ??

Everything about this organization smells bad. From the terrible owner all the way down this team needs to be sold. I really think AZ is great for a football team, but the way the Cards run business is the worst in all of sports. Once out of 50 years we get a playoff team is just not enough for my hunger anymore and being a Cards fan was a terrible decision. It all started when I was watching Lomax / Green and Smith. Then I feel in love with the bird on the helmet. Watching every game since 88 and there are some great memories, but this marriage is coming to a end very soon. It is impossible to like another team, and football will always be my favorite sport, but following the Cards anymore is just to gut wrenching. Everyone says a " Real " fan will always be there to the end and always cheer on there team no matter what the score. Well I lived up to my part of the bargain for 15 years and just don't feel the same commitment from this organization. Every year this team seems to screw the fans out of hope, fun, and money. Every year it is the same song and dance with wait until next year. Well I can't dance anymore, because this organization has even taken the hope out of me for the future.

It is like a revolving door of hell being a player or a Cards fan. The good players leave and the ones that come here will never be the same. It stems from everywhere in the organization and mostly from up top, but that just goes to show poo can really roll down a hill affecting everyone. If anyone knows how to become another teams fan and stop watching the damn birds please let me know ? I have to get away from this gutwrenching cycle this organization throws all its fans through every year. I can almost feel the warmth of Bidwill's smile as he knows they will finish 10-15 million under the cap. he will pocket it like he always has and the organization will continue to suffer. I still can't believe he got a stadium with the teams he fields and the only hope I am saving is for his death. Then that hope turns to anger, because another Bidwill will take his place to start this gutwrench all over.

I want to thank everyone on this board for the insight / laughs / remarks over the past two years. Also the Azprosports board from where I first started to read all the posts. I hope all the other fans a good time and really hope this team gets better. Today I start a new journey looking for another team to follow ( maybe not this or next year because it is to hard just jumping ship and onto another ). Today marks the end of the 15 year love hate relationship with the Cards and I will no longer be a fan. This is the end

Thanks

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Wow

I think I'm gonna cry.

I'll pray for you dude.

I hope you find a winning team....what a sad story...good luck to who is probably the Card fan of the decade.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry Tired.

You won't quit. They'll make a signing or two and the season will start and you'll be there just like me.

This is what makes a Cardinal fan unique in the National Football League. Just because you are frustrated doesn't mean you aren't a fan.

Hang in there Brotha!!!

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
TRW

I have been supporting them through thick and thin and this year will be different. They could go out sign Holliday, Colvin, Blake and every other free agent available, but my love hate relationship is over. Just can't be a fan with this team any more.

The whole Boston / Chargers signing finally pushed me over the edge. I still can't believe they did not franchise there best WR maybe ever and he was only 24. also He ran the 40 under 4.4 and squats 400 3 months after tearing up his knee. Now we are going to watch Boston tear up the AFC.

Have a good one everyone !!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if that was the end, why did you post this thread twice now? You have two going...

Mike

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Yes

What a true suffering Card's team brother he is....uhuuh....uhhuuuhh...I'm so chocked up[ I can't speak.....what's he gonna do.....what team is he gonna pick?

How can he pick a team better than us?

Oh my God....he might pick the Bengals"

What can I do for this poor misdirected soul?

Should I e-mail him?

Someone help me?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow! Imagine coming to that crossroad, going right instead of left.

Well as a Cardinal fan(freak) since they have been in Arizona, I have come to the same crossroad almost every year since they have been here. I continue to turn left never learning from past experiences. I'm happy for someone to be able to turn right and get out of the rat maze.

Mine is an addition which I might never cure...

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe he can form a organization called Card-O-holics where I could finally get over my crazed addiction to this pathetic organization.

If I don't see Leftwich on the board at #6, I'll give Graves some vaseline and directions for his big PLAN.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Yeah

I'm so sad.

Maybe we can form a group called...."I'm a frikkinn Card fana n we can't ever win so why don't you all feel sorry for us and whaaa..and......whaaaaaaaaa......and friggin whaaaaaaaaaa and friggin whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa amd friggin quadruple whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Does someone have a
rope?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every year the same rhetoric sounds, the only change being the names of the players being bashed or lamentations about their leaving. Every year the same rhetoric sounds, the "true" fans predicting a much better (if not GREAT) year next year, the accused "bandwagon" fans predicting "we will suck again".

Ahhhhh....the sounds of the off season in Cardinal Land....you gotta love it!!!!

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what did we do wrong in the off season last year ?

Starkes and Jones seem like pretty good pickups to me

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
No....No....No

Originally posted by nidan
So what did we do wrong in the off season last year ?

Starkes and Jones seem like pretty good pickups to me

What's wrong with you nidan.....they suck.....we suck......why are we Cards fans?.....the Bengals will beat us by 30.....haven't you read any threads today...we're the Iraqui Army of sports.

Woe is me.....woe is us.....sports are so important.........me oh my oh me oh my.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna get drunk............

Again.

Why do we follow this team?

Why do we put ourselves through it?

Why do I know where every one of the players went to college and what their careers were like?

Why do I know Ronald McKinnon's daughter's name is Raven Nicole and her birthday is Dec. 27th?

Every year I swear off this team and every year I come back. This year, at about the half way point, I swore them off forever and adopted the Browns, but then my son bought me a Cardinals pillow case and Cardinals beer stein and here I am back again.

The fun never ends.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Not trying to bump the post, just wanted to know from Tired Cardinal,

Are you back with us yet?

Or are you still gone?

Which new team did you pick?

The Panthers?

Bengals?

Stay with us bud, we need each other, it's like a support group.

Speaking of support group, I'm doing pretty good at what I stated earlier in the thread.

(hic.)

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well----One thing about it. It can't get much worse-------I guess we could still loose Sanders and Jenkins and Lassiter, but what's 3 more starters? <p> The good thing about it is the Cards have to spend a minimum amount and probably won't be able to spend that amount by not getting any FA's. That means they'll be looking for players so maybe some of us from this board can get a job. Anyone willing to play for league minimum???:D

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
I will, league minimum has got to be 10 times Army pay.

And I guarantee you I'm in better shape than Barron Tanner.

Also gaurantee you I can out drink Brian Griese. :)