The Eastern conference is insane.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it cannibalizing itself or is it awful?

There is a 2.5 game difference between 1st and 6th in the East, their top teams have far worse records than the West, their mid tier teams have far better records than the West. The Hawks are well out of the playoffs in the East and they nearly made the finals; the Hornets have 27 wins and in my opinion they kinda suck ass.

After typing that last sentence I went and looked up the records of Eastern Conference teams against the West... and I have a new theory.

The East is awful... AND it is cannibalizing itself.

Seriously though, I know we lost to the Bucks last year, but if we or Golden State or Utah... or Memphis... or Denver make it to the finals HEALTHY is there an Eastern team that can beat any of the West's best?

Maybe the Bucks if they get healthy too? Maaaaaybe the Nets if New York lifts it's covid laws AND they miraculously are all healthy?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it cannibalizing itself or is it awful?

There is a 2.5 game difference between 1st and 6th in the East, their top teams have far worse records than the West, their mid tier teams have far better records than the West. The Hawks are well out of the playoffs in the East and they nearly made the finals; the Hornets have 27 wins and in my opinion they kinda suck ass.

After typing that last sentence I went and looked up the records of Eastern Conference teams against the West... and I have a new theory.

The East is awful... AND it is cannibalizing itself.

Seriously though, I know we lost to the Bucks last year, but if we or Golden State or Utah... or Memphis... or Denver make it to the finals HEALTHY is there an Eastern team that can beat any of the West's best?

Maybe the Bucks if they get healthy too? Maaaaaybe the Nets if New York lifts it's covid laws AND they miraculously are all healthy?
Heat also can beat teams in the west, when they are hitting their 3's they are as dangerous as any team in the league.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After we got manhandled by the Heat, I am wary of them. We were thoroughly whipped in that game. We also have to be concerned with the Bucks as long as they have Giannis. We had no answer last year. I'm not sure if there is an answer for that guy. I'd be concerned with the Nets when healthy and no pandemic. However, I don't see them as serious title contenders with Kyrie as a part-time player.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After we got manhandled by the Heat, I am wary of them. We were thoroughly whipped in that game. We also have to be concerned with the Bucks as long as they have Giannis. We had no answer last year. I'm not sure if there is an answer for that guy. I'd be concerned with the Nets when healthy and no pandemic. However, I don't see them as serious title contenders with Kyrie as a part-time player.
If Dario was healthy last year, we win the series. Or if Paul hadn't been mugged by the Clippers, we win the series.

As long as the Suns are reasonably healthy, with now McGee and Bismack to back up Ayton, we are good.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
KD nearly single handedly beat the team that beat us. If the Nets are healthy their talent is overwhelming. Luckily I doubt we’ll see that version with Harden’s hamstrings and the Kyrie drama.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
If Dario was healthy last year, we win the series. Or if Paul hadn't been mugged by the Clippers, we win the series.

As long as the Suns are reasonably healthy, with now McGee and Bismack to back up Ayton, we are good.
I agree, and that's why I am hoping that the team is able to dial back minutes for the key guys, including CP3, Book and Mikal. It's a marathon, and the team needs to ensure there's still enough kick left for the end, even if it means sacrificing a couple winnable games in the process.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree, and that's why I am hoping that the team is able to dial back minutes for the key guys, including CP3, Book and Mikal. It's a marathon, and the team needs to ensure there's still enough kick left for the end, even if it means sacrificing a couple winnable games in the process.
I think the Suns would beat any team in the east in a series if they are healthy.

I'm worried about the warriors personally - very worried.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns would beat any team in the east in a series if they are healthy.

I'm worried about the warriors personally - very worried.
Agreed. If Curry is hot, watch out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA