The Durant Sweepstakes

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the Royce O'Neal trade as well. It seemed out of character for the Nets at the time.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the Royce O'Neal trade as well. It seemed out of character for the Nets at the time.

I’m thinking… what’s the reason?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't get it. He is a SF that sucks and they traded for him. How would that in any way facilitate the KD trade?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Royce O'Neale is kind of a poor mans Mikal. Really makes me think we'll be hanging onto Mikal. O'Neale is a little bigger and can play some PF but I think Utah was able to play him at PF because they had Gobert at Center, which allowed them to play small everywhere else.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a clue if we can figure it out. If the Durant trade goes through, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Phoenix.
Oh...so you think he would be included to Phoenix? That would likely mean Bridges would be gone. Man...I hope not.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a clue if we can figure it out. If the Durant trade goes through, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Phoenix.

That's the rumor on Twitter. That deal would need to become a 3 team trade to send Royce to Phoenix though because he can't be packaged with KD in a deal to Phoenix. Of course they could make a separate deal sending Royce to Phoenix but I think expanding the trade would be easier.

Royce would then be the Suns replacement for Mikal.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's the rumor on Twitter. That deal would need to become a 3 team trade to send Royce to Phoenix though because he can't be packaged with KD in a deal to Phoenix. Of course they could make a separate deal sending Royce to Phoenix but I think expanding the trade would be easier.

Royce would then be the Suns replacement for Mikal
Well, just looking up his number he's not bad at all efficency wise and he is a plus defender - would that deal really be announced though if it was going to be included in a three way though?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh, that’s a new one for me. Hadn’t known that. Amazing how complicated trade rules have become.

After so many podcasts and articles about sign-and-trades I'm going to let the experts do it.

I think the writing of the CBA agreement came after the verbal agreement.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
East Coast Bias is gross on ESPN radio. lol

"I want two all-stars and 4 picks from the Phoenix Suns".

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyrie being on the Nets is kind of throwing a fork in a deal with Phoenix. #cap complications when it comes to the Nets taking back Ayton in a trade.

I hope that makes sense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose