The Drums Continue to Beat

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Bosa is definitely the more disruptive player. Williams is the more likely to be available and steady EVERY game. Ala Campbell. The question becomes is a young Calais with a higher ceiling worth the #1? It doesn't mean he'll achieve the ceiling though. Bosa they'll have to address the concern for durability largely. Does the way he plays make injuries a legitimate bigger concern on a regular basis?
I kinda liken Q to a young Dockett man if he is or even half as good we will be much improved

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You seem to think that Mini-me is the prototype for this so-called modern game; he isn't. The prototypes are Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck : pocket passers who can throw from the edge and gain ground with their legs, if need be.

Rosen is closer to this ideal than KM.
Here we go round and round. Lol. I think most of the Murray supporters have made it clear that he is obviously not your average prototypical QB you can just plug into any system. I've said this numerous times.. but to no avail apparently. If you put him in a system that doesn't play to his strengths you will be setting him up to fail. Easily. If you don't believe KK can't make this kids life a hell of alot easier in the NFL I think your bias for his shortness is a little much. Imo

Oh, and I guess just for arguments sake. I would argue Murray has a better arm and accuracy than Rosen for those said edge throws...and can obviously scramble better than him when need be.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we pass on Murray we deserve to stay at the bottom. A game changer like him comes around once a decade. The defensive players mentioned are certainly outstanding players but none of them have the game changing impact of KM. Rosen is a run of the mill QB like Smith or Tannenhill. KM could bring the Cards to exciting respectability immediately. I hope SK doesn't outthink himself on this one.

I am far from convinced he's a sure thing prospect. Even taking the height/weight out of it, and I'm happy to do that, he doesn't project like a Manning or Luck candidate. He is what I fear most every draft, the QB who rockets up because of the need in the NFL at QB.

If we draft him, of course I hope I am wrong. I don't think I am wrong, and I hope we don't draft him.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield = played against Big 12 defenses.

Kyler Murray = played against Big 12 defenses.

Aside from being from the same team/conference what about them is similar? Baker is built for the pro game, he is a fiery leader. Murray is faster (we assume since he never ran), stronger arm?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aside from being from the same team/conference what about them is similar? Baker is built for the pro game, he is a fiery leader. Murray is faster (we assume since he never ran), stronger arm?
Alot actually..they played in the same system and both put up crazy numbers. They won football games. Teammates loved them. Coaches loved em. What else matters? Let me guess.... The height thing? Do they not have massive o line men in college?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Alot actually..they played in the same system and both put up crazy numbers. They won football games. Teammates loved them. Coaches loved em. What else matters? Let me guess.... The height thing? Do they not have massive o line men in college?

Baker is built for the NFL--not talking about height at all, Baker was a vocal leader and established himself as a locker room leader early in CLE. Baker also had nearly 1500 pass attempts to Murrays 500+...if you don't think 1000 more drop backs doesn't matter in terms of being pro ready not sure what to tell you.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baker is built for the NFL--not talking about height at all, Baker was a vocal leader and established himself as a locker room leader early in CLE. Baker also had nearly 1500 pass attempts to Murrays 500+...if you don't think 1000 more drop backs doesn't matter in terms of being pro ready not sure what to tell you.
How many dropbacks is necessary to prove you can do something or not? Non issue for me. You obviously have your position on his introverted ways in the media not translating to the NFL. It's all good.. we can agree to disagree.:raccoon:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield = played against Big 12 defenses.

Kyler Murray = played against Big 12 defenses.
So you have anointed B M? I believe you would have made a better case using Patrick Mahomes.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Zeno, I think you mean that Baker's body has taken a LOT more hits. If not, then you should.

No I think Baker Mayfield's body is built to handle hits, not so sure about Murray.

Somebody needs to give me examples of QBs with only 1 season as a college starter who went on to having NFL success. Trubisky is the only one I can think of and his career is too early to call him a success.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No I think Baker Mayfield's body is built to handle hits, not so sure about Murray.

Somebody needs to give me examples of QBs with only 1 season as a college starter who went on to having NFL success. Trubisky is the only one I can think of and his career is too early to call him a success.
We can only go off what we have. No one is saying he can handle hits better.. but if he is getting hit less often than a guy like Mayfield because of his quickness...doesn't that kinda even things out ? He was also hit pretty damn hard by an NFL size lineman (Williams) and got back up to tell the story. I would argue that size means nothing with this scenario. Unless you are talking about beasts like Roethlisberger. Jmo

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
We can only go off what we have. No one is saying he can handle hits better.. but if he is getting hit less often than a guy like Mayfield because of his quickness...doesn't that kinda even things out ? He was also hit pretty damn hard by an NFL size lineman (Williams) and got back up to tell the story. I would argue that size means nothing with this scenario. Unless you are talking about beasts like Roethlisberger. Jmo

We need to stop with this myth that mobile QBs get hit less. That is just plain wrong and the absolute opposite of the truth.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need to stop with this myth that mobile QBs get hit less. That is just plain wrong and the absolute opposite of the truth.
You also can't compare him to just any other mobile QB..because he hasn't played yet. So it's not wrong.. its your opinion. If he gets a season or two in and is getting crushed..then ok. How you take a hit is just as important. I would say with today's pass rushers.. it is way more dangerous to be an immobile QB in the pocket. Jmo

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
RG-3 wasn't horrible at avoiding hits in College.
He failed on account of the same character concerns that people talked about in college. He was an entitled narcissistic who put himself above his teammates. Quietly though, he’s looked better than good every time he’s taken the field for the ravens. I’m quietly interested in what transpired behind center in Baltimore this season.