The dream of a home super bowl is done

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we win the division but lose home field. We can't win in Lambeau with Max Hall Stanton. Sorry to be that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
With the way Seattle is playing, I think they win the division. They are trending upwards and we are trending downwards big time.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ellington down with hip pointer now. Mathieu with a cracked finger apparently.

Stanton isn't taking us anywhere.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That dream ended the second #3 went down :bang:

In reality, it ended even before that. We were not a dominant team with Palmer & Fitz. We were an opportunistic bunch & the ball was bouncing our way when the game was on the line. We had endured a bunch of injuries long before #3 went down. It's unfortunate because this could have been a really, really good team! Maybe next year??

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
In reality, it ended even before that. We were not a dominant team with Palmer & Fitz. We were an opportunistic bunch & the ball was bouncing our way when the game was on the line. We had endured a bunch of injuries long before #3 went down. It's unfortunate because this could have been a really, really good team! Maybe next year??

Totally agree. I never bought into that "next man up" stuff. Said as much on here weeks ago. It's a cute cliche' but the reality is there are just too many players unavailable. At some point too much becomes too much.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think we win the division but lose home field. We can't win in Lambeau with Max Hall Stanton. Sorry to be that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What could possibly make you think we're beating Seattle for the division at this point? We don't have a snowball's chance. WHEN they beat us, we'll be tied for the division, at best. Do you see us winning a tie breaker between them with 3 other games in play? No chance. NONE.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
before we thought our problem was justa lack of pass rushers.
but the defense is great considering the injuries,the problem is offense,we got an offense ****-duo with arains and moore.
stanton skelton is even worse then in detroit,running game is gettin worse week by week,they stick with this offensive line and this duo tigh end set not able to block even a 150 lb guy.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Cardinal up and take it like a fan! Weve lived through worst spots than being top seed in the NFL with 3 games left.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

I strongly disagree.

Look at how the Hawks & Falcs are stacking the box & 2 deep safeties to make the Cards 1 dimensional, daring Stanton to throw the rock, limiting deep throws.

Palmer could beat that & throw teams out of that defense. since he's been gone the run game has become almost non existent. Maybe some of that is the loss of Fitz, but Stanton has to make them pay.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I strongly disagree.

Look at how the Hawks & Falcs are stacking the box & 2 deep safeties to make the Cards 1 dimensional, daring Stanton to throw the rock, limiting deep throws.

Palmer could beat that & throw teams out of that defense. since he's been gone the run game has become almost non existent. Maybe some of that is the loss of Fitz, but Stanton has to make them pay.

Your point is well taken. There's no doubt that there is a HUGE drop off with Stanton in there. I do think it'll help getting Fitz back next week. But even before CP went down, this offense was not dominant enough to be considered a SB threat. We were a good team, but we weren't a great team. Even with CP, our offense sputtered often this year. We would never have been able to score enough to trade punches with teams like the Packers or Pats.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
We are going to win the division.

Seattle has to play Philly on the road tough game.

It is going to come down to us playing them on Sunday Night football.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Your point is well taken. There's no doubt that there is a HUGE drop off with Stanton in there. I do think it'll help getting Fitz back next week. But even before CP went down, this offense was not dominant enough to be considered a SB threat. We were a good team, but we weren't a great team. Even with CP, our offense sputtered often this year. We would never have been able to score enough to trade punches with teams like the Packers or Pats.
I disagree. The Cards were certainly good enough to win it all with CP in charge. Defenses had to respect not only the long ball but also the underneath throws that Stanton cannot seem to make.

But the main reason is, with Palmer, the Cards would have had home field advantage and they are very tough at home. It was certainly no slam dunk they would even make it out of the NFC but I liked their chances as much as anyone else's. They didn't 16 of their last 19 before his injury by mistake and luck.

The season, well SB and playoff dreams, ended when CP went down. That's just reality. I hear the same thing with wishful OSU fans thinking they can win the NCAA even though they are down to their 3rd string QB. That's just not going to happen. They probably won't beat Wisky this Saturday but it's still been a good season and that's how I'm looking at the Cards season.

I think they make the playoffs and lose early. That's a good season. There's not a team in the league that Stanton, or any other backup QB, has much of a chance of doing anything come playoff time. With Palmer, it would have been a whole different ball of wax.

Stout

Reaction score
We are going to win the division.

Seattle has to play Philly on the road tough game.

It is going to come down to us playing them on Sunday Night football.

How? We're only 1 up on them, and we have a brutal schedule and no QB. Seattle is on a roll, positioned to overtake us even if they lose to Philly, which is no given.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I disagree. The Cards were certainly good enough to win it all with CP in charge. Defenses had to respect not only the long ball but also the underneath throws that Stanton cannot seem to make.

But the main reason is, with Palmer, the Cards would have had home field advantage and they are very tough at home. It was certainly no slam dunk they would even make it out of the NFC but I liked their chances as much as anyone else's. They didn't 16 of their last 19 before his injury by mistake and luck.

The season, well SB and playoff dreams, ended when CP went down. That's just reality. I hear the same thing with wishful OSU fans thinking they can win the NCAA even though they are down to their 3rd string QB. That's just not going to happen. They probably won't beat Wisky this Saturday but it's still been a good season and that's how I'm looking at the Cards season.

I think they make the playoffs and lose early. That's a good season. There's not a team in the league that Stanton, or any other backup QB, has much of a chance of doing anything come playoff time. With Palmer, it would have been a whole different ball of wax.

Philly seems to be doing pretty good with their backup QB

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
How? We're only 1 up on them, and we have a brutal schedule and no QB. Seattle is on a roll, positioned to overtake us even if they lose to Philly, which is no given.

Under Bruce Arians the Cardinals are undefeated at home when they play non division opponents.

Take a look back at the year the Ravens won the SB in 2001. Ravens benched Tony Banks. Trent Dilfer led them to the SB and won.

BIGRED1959

Go Cardinals!
Reaction score
be careful what you post.... the trolls are out attacking anyone with a realist mindset right now. :bang::bang::bang:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Under Bruce Arians the Cardinals are undefeated at home when they play non division opponents.

Take a look back at the year the Ravens won the SB in 2001. Ravens benched Tony Banks. Trent Dilfer led them to the SB and won.

Dilfer took them to the SB, because that Ravens D was one of the best EVER! Did you watch us get lit up for over 500 yards yesterday? The Ravens D would give up 500 yards per month. And btw, Dilfer was much better than Stanton.

Stout

Reaction score

The Ravens had arguably the best defense ever--light years better than ours--and a monster rushing game--we don't HAVE a running game. All Dilfer had to do was not throw interceptions. Our crap backup can't even do that. So, no, it is absolutely nothing like the Ravens SB team. In fact, ours is light years away from that.

When Palmer went down, so did our season. We didn't want to admit it, myself included, but it did. Hey, I'll keep rooting the team on, and I'll even get to watch the next two games. In fact, I'll pay a premium to go watch on Sunday. I'm just going to be realistic in my expectations.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose