The Despair Raid Offense

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The Cards have basically resembled a dink and dunk WCO only without productive TEs and lack of execution.

Since the Hail Murray, Hopkins has a total of 10 catches for 103 yards. Man, throw the freaking ball downfield! Yesterday, the longest play was their first to Isabella..WTH? Kingsbury and the Air Raid? LMAO. It’s the Despair Raid that has this team in a near tailspin.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Which tells me he can’t throw far. His shoulder is hurt. And they are trying to win on smoke and mirrors. But in all honesty I have posted this in other threads. Drake gets 1 yard or Zane makes a FG. We win. If Kyler makes 1 more yard late in 4th. We win. That is why he wont change unless Kyler is healthy. And honestly we should have made those plays

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
KM cannot step up in the pocket and earn the extra time for a deep passing route to develop. His vision is blocked and the DL can throw up their arms and knock down his pass. His angle of delivery---even on deep balls---leads to a low trajectory coming out of his hands---also increasing the chance for a blocked ball. He still needs work on the mechanics to throw after leaving the pocket. He is going to get our WRs killed with flutterballs to the middle of the field.

The occasional connection in the middle is the exception and not the rule. We saw two 'Hail Murray' passes to the middle in the Pat game. Don't count on them as the way to move the offense.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
#2 in yards per game
#8 in pts per game

You can argue about KK's decision making and player execution but its not like this is the 2018 Cardinals.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
KM cannot step up in the pocket and earn the extra time for a deep passing route to develop. His vision is blocked and the DL can throw up their arms and knock down his pass. His angle of delivery---even on deep balls---leads to a low trajectory coming out of his hands---also increasing the chance for a blocked ball. He still needs work on the mechanics to throw after leaving the pocket. He is going to get our WRs killed with flutterballs to the middle of the field.

The occasional connection in the middle is the exception and not the rule. We saw two 'Hail Murray' passes to the middle in the Pat game. Don't count on them as the way to move the offense.

The baseball throwing motion is the way Murray gets velocity on his throws. He needs to get a lot of body motion in his throws. If you ask him to throw the ball using a standard QB motion, he's going to fail spectacularly. That is why teams are beginning to realize one way to neutralize him is to force him to step up which really messes up his throwing motion.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which tells me he can’t throw far. His shoulder is hurt. And they are trying to win on smoke and mirrors. But in all honesty I have posted this in other threads. Drake gets 1 yard or Zane makes a FG. We win. If Kyler makes 1 more yard late in 4th. We win. That is why he wont change unless Kyler is healthy. And honestly we should have made those plays

Maybe, he did let one semi long one go to kirk on the sideline though - so that makes me wonder.

Special teams cost us that game period. We got cutesy on one of those returns and didn't kick it into the endzone on purpose than our coverage blew it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#2 in yards per game
#8 in pts per game

You can argue about KK's decision making and player execution but its not like this is the 2018 Cardinals.

and no one has said as much.

but solid job distorting others arguments. Always makes your own look good.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The baseball throwing motion is the way Murray gets velocity on his throws. He needs to get a lot of body motion in his throws. If you ask him to throw the ball using a standard QB motion, he's going to fail spectacularly. That is why teams are beginning to realize one way to neutralize him is to force him to step up which really messes up his throwing motion.

That can be fixed by component interior play

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1-3 in past 4 games is not drama, it’s a trend.

And a desperate last second screw it throw away from 0-4. And two of those losses were against Miami with a rookie and one of the worst Pats teams ever, especially on offense.

Some fans seems content as we currently have the 7th seed despite a hard downward trend in the teams performance. Especially on offense and coaching.

There are 3 teams 1 game behind us and while we play the Rams who will surely own us the Vikings play the Jags and the Bears play the Lions. The Niners play the Bills which is tougher, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win that one.

By the end of next week odds are that we are out of the playoff spots as the Vikings will be 4-1 in their division and we will be 2-2.

The Vikings still have to play the Bucs, Bears and Saints. But we have the Rams twice and the Niners getting healthier.

Kliff needs to sort himself out. But I just don't think he can, otherwise we wouldn't be in this situation already.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And a desperate last second screw it throw away from 0-4. And two of those losses were against Miami with a rookie and one of the worst Pats teams ever, especially on offense.

Some fans seems content as we currently have the 7th seed despite a hard downward trend in the teams performance. Especially on offense and coaching.

There are 3 teams 1 game behind us and while we play the Rams who will surely own us the Vikings play the Jags and the Bears play the Lions. The Niners play the Bills which is tougher, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win that one.

By the end of next week odds are that we are out of the playoff spots as the Vikings will be 4-1 in their division and we will be 2-2.

The Vikings still have to play the Bucs, Bears and Saints. But we have the Rams twice and the Niners getting healthier.

Kliff needs to sort himself out. But I just don't think he can, otherwise we wouldn't be in this situation already.

Content is the wrong word. I think a lot of people's expectations got shifted due to our hot start. Most of us said we were between a 7-9 win team at the start of the year, and that is exactly where we are 'trending.'

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Content is the wrong word. I think a lot of people's expectations got shifted due to our hot start. Most of us said we were between a 7-9 win team at the start of the year, and that is exactly where we are 'trending.'

Jeez... if we end up 7-9, that is pathetic and not a good sign. theres a colossal difference between being a 7-9 team that gets better all year and finishes well and a 7-9 team that goes 1-6 in their last 7 games.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeez... if we end up 7-9, that is pathetic and not a good sign. theres a colossal difference between being a 7-9 team that gets better all year and finishes well and a 7-9 team that goes 1-6 in their last 7 games.

No, it wouldn't be good, but it wouldn't be gloom and doom either.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yet I've seen several comments along the lines of "We're 6-5. We have a winning record. Why are you complaining?"

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet I've seen several comments along the lines of "We're 6-5. We have a winning record. Why are you complaining?"

The sky isn't falling. The Cards at this point play down to their competition and don't have a true winner's mentality. That takes time.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

We haven't won this many games (6) in the first 12 games since 2015. Fact is...we could/should have won even more (Miami, Detroit, and NE) and could have lost a couple of others (Seattle and Buffalo).

Nobody thinks 6 wins is where we want to be each year but its heading in the right direction vs where we were. The comments on this board make it sound like we are 2-9.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We haven't won this many games (6) in the first 12 games since 2015. Fact is...we could/should have won even more (Miami, Detroit, and NE) and could have lost a couple of others (Seattle and Buffalo).

Nobody thinks 6 wins is where we want to be each year but its heading in the right direction vs where we were. The comments on this board make it sound like we are 2-9.

That's because we're playing like a 2-9 team. There's no credit for what you did 5 weeks ago in the NFL.

We're 1-3 the last 4 games. That's 4-12 form. So they deserve 4-12 talk. And they only have the 1 by a miracle.

I'd rather start poorly and be trending up like the Vikings than go from 5-2 to 6-5 and look like garbage late in the season.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
@BritCard

You are what your record says you are.

We are 6-5.

It's been a roller coaster but I have enjoyed this season more than any since 2015.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Zero confidence in us to keep that last spot. Almost every team behind us scares me, and TBH, I would not want NY or Washington at this moment in time. I swear I wish I felt differently, but this team is reeling with no end in sight.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think the comments make it sound like we are 1-3 in our last four games. And we are.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose