The Depth on the Defensive Line is a Huge Concern

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Depth looks like:

Corey Peters
Robert Nkemdiche (injured)

And a bunch of random bodies

I’m really concerned that the team hasn’t signed anyone and isn’t making it a priority to bring back Gunter.

This is scary.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Lots of good DL out there in free agency. This is due to the draft being loaded with DL. I'm sure we will get some DL help one way or another. Being back in a 3-4 base defense also puts less emphasis on DL than it would be in the 4-3. Space eaters can be found in the mid and late rounds as well.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Depth looks like:

Corey Peters

I’m really concerned that the team hasn’t signed anyone and isn’t making it a priority to bring back Gunter.

This is scary.
Seems likely draft will be the answer defense wise.Could be that's hinting at the direction Cards are leaning instead of QB?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depth looks like:

Corey Peters

This is scary.

Add in Gunter and Quentin Williams, then we will just need another rookie or veteran for depth.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Seems likely draft will be the answer defense wise.Could be that's hinting at the direction Cards are leaning instead of QB?

I didn’t realize it was this bad. Looking at it, I may have changed my mind on who I want at #1. Fortunately, the draft is top-heavy with defensive linemen

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I didn’t realize it was this bad. Looking at it, I may have changed my mind on who I want at #1. Fortunately, the draft is top-heavy with defensive linemen

Not just top heavy. There are a ton of mid round and late round guys as well.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
There’s literally one person of substance who’ll be ready Week 1. All indications point to Nkemdiche starting the season on PUP. It’s gonna take a lot more than Gunter and another veteran to make this line respectable.

This is where Keim and Vance need to consult with Kliff about the importance of building a defense, which was his demise at TTU.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Reminder that the team was #32 against the run last season. We've improved at linebacker to help this statistic, but will still get bullied in the trenches if this does not improve greatly between now and July.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Reminder that the team was #32 against the run last season. We've improved at linebacker to help this statistic, but will still get bullied in the trenches if this does not improve greatly between now and July.

Bosa for OLB-DE
Daylon mack NT-DT
John Cominsky DE
Albert Higgins DT

Bosa top pick
Daylon Mack rd 4-5
Cominsky rd6
Higgins rd 6

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned more about the starters on the defensive line... who are practically non-existent outside of Peters at this point.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
This draft is so defensive heavy that there will be great value for big bodies to clog the middle in the later rounds.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of good DL out there in free agency. This is due to the draft being loaded with DL. I'm sure we will get some DL help one way or another. Being back in a 3-4 base defense also puts less emphasis on DL than it would be in the 4-3. Space eaters can be found in the mid and late rounds as well.

You still need a minimum of 6 and likely 7 or 8.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you want to be terrible on defense, start 2 rookie defensive linemen chosen in rounds 3-7.

EDIT: Gah -- Vic Valentine didn't even play last season.

I wouldn't mind getting in Corey Liuget or Muhammad Wilkerson and a couple more camp bodies.

Last edited:

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would take Quinnen Williams with the number one pick which the Cardinals might be considering. The fact the Cardinals have not shown must interest in him means nothing because they have done this before and then selected a player high in the draft... matter of fact such behavior in a realm of smoke screens endorses the pick for him

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I would take Quinnen Williams with the number one pick which the Cardinals might be considering. The fact the Cardinals have not shown must interest in him means nothing because they have done this before and then selected a player high in the draft... matter of fact such behavior in a realm of smoke screens endorses the pick for him
I could live with either him or Bosa

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson