The Defense!!!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
IMHO, it’s on both players and coaches. We’ve had a terrible defense under two different DCs now and Bettcher’s last D was no peach. Some of it is dumb personnel moves (i.e.: Reddick) and some of it is scheme (I.e.: soft zones). There’s also an issue of aptitude if you have players that keep making the same ******* mistakes.

Our knee jerk reaction is to fire the coach, but I’d offer that a working scheme is predicated on the available talent pool, which is piss poor at the moment save 2-3 defensive studs. They need a bunch of smart, physical freaks to fix the mess on D.
That soft zone coverage five yards from the end zone is a joke! That TD on Murphey was a terrible D scheme.
Never would've happened under Bowles.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
That soft zone coverage five yards from the end zone is a joke! That TD on Murphey was a terrible D scheme.
Never would've happened under Bowles.

Seems to me the same type of mental error by a corner gave up a much longer TD to Kirk in this game.

Zone, man, CAT, etc coverage, it doesn’t really matter. If a guy is out of position he’s going to get burned

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I just don't see how we gave up 30 points. We forced three TOs, sacked Winston four times. Several run plays that were TFL... So man splash plays, and they still had close to 500 yards of offense.

And What's interesting to me is that BB is channeling Troy Palomalu, and were even we're getting some decent production out of guys like Bullard and Kerr.

I guess we should give VJ one more year. Too many injuries, and too little talent.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think our LB & secondary is the Achilles Heal while the DL has played well as a unit in my opinion. I would target FS, ILB & OLB is FA and look to take a CB in second round.

Guys I like:
FS - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix / Justin Simmons / Sean Davis
ILB - Shaq Thompson / Danny Travathean / Kyle Van Noy
OLB - Bud Dupree / Jamie Collins / Shaquil Barrett

CB - Paulson Adebo / Trevon Diggs / AJ Terrell

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't see how we gave up 30 points. We forced three TOs, sacked Winston four times. Several run plays that were TFL... So man splash plays, and they still had close to 500 yards of offense.

And What's interesting to me is that BB is channeling Troy Palomalu, and were even we're getting some decent production out of guys like Bullard and Kerr.

I guess we should give VJ one more year. Too many injuries, and too little talent.
Here's to hoping! :)
:cheers:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson