The David Johnson Physical Thread, Has he passed yet?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is the final step to our Hopkins dream, I just feel so afraid after all the talk of a robbery, Texans will save face and say DJ didnt pass his physical, This needs its own thread? When is this taking place anyone as afraid as me?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
David Johnson doesn’t have a chronic knee, back, etc, problem.

He’s also not nursing a injury like Jeremy Lane was when he was traded to Houston & he failed his physical.

Unless David did something in the offseason to hurt himself really bad, I would be worried.

If this was Gurley & his chronic knee problem, I would be severely worried.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the final step to our Hopkins dream, I just feel so afraid after all the talk of a robbery, Texans will save face and say DJ didnt pass his physical, This needs its own thread? When is this taking place anyone as afraid as me?

I'm not really worried about this. O'Brien is too proud and stubborn to ever have him flunk a physical unless it is legit, and I really don't think Johnson is injured.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am freaking out I can see them reversing the trade after all this heat

You must be registered for see images attach

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone here who does the twitter thing, recall the DJ post where he said he's stoked to play for the idiot who traded Hopkins for him?

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here is more clarity, this scared me alot, DJ almost failed on his wrist, both teams have a very clear out to stop the trade with the physical or even by bot having one. Say another team were to offer more, they could fail DJ per his wrist and renege on the deal quite easily, this needs to be done before draft. Let's pray this ends quick.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...eandre-hopkins-still-havent-passed-physicals/

As one source explained it to PFT, Johnson has had a preliminary physical performed on his wrist, which was injured in Week One of the 2017 season. He passed that portion of the physical, despite reduced range of motion that initially caused the doctor (not an NFL doctor) to hesitate. Johnson still has to take a physical as to the rest of his body.

Put simply, if Johnson or Hopkins fail their physicals, the trade will be off. As a practical matter, that gives both the Texans and the Cardinals an out, if they want to avoid the deal — and if they can persuade their doctors to give either guy an “F” on his physical.

Then there’s the bigger question of what happens with the second-round pick that the Cardinals will be sending to the Texans and the fourth-round pick that the Texans will be sending to the Cardinals? If the physicals aren’t done and the trade isn’t done, how can the 2020 draft picks that were part of the deal change hands?

As one source explained it to PFT, the 2020 draft picks mean that the physicals will have to be done by the start of the draft, or the two sides will have to come up with other terms.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted in another thread that they should have a local doctor do the exam with the Cardinals team doctor watching on video link. That way he can see real time and direct what he wants done.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This
Then there’s the bigger question of what happens with the second-round pick that the Cardinals will be sending to the Texans and the fourth-round pick that the Texans will be sending to the Cardinals? If the physicals aren’t done and the trade isn’t done, how can the 2020 draft picks that were part of the deal change hands?

As one source explained it to PFT, the 2020 draft picks mean that the physicals will have to be done by the start of the draft, or the two sides will have to come up with other terms.

This is really bad news. If the physicals haven't been done yet, I don't see it happening before the draft.