The Dark Knight

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 12" JBL Studio Series that does the same thing. lol. Drives my wife nuts.

I ended up getting the Panasonic DMP-35. I must have read about 25 reviews over X-mas break. My wife was going to buy me a Blu Ray. So, I had to decide between the PS3, the Panny or this Sony - standalone (with the Panny earning the highest in video performance). All having BD Live support, etc etc....

Went shopping on black friday and Best Buy had the Panny for $100 off. Couldn't pass it up. Plus I had read multiple raving reviews about it having some of the best video performance money can buy.

It's a win win. Except for my wallet. I have been buying Blu Ray movies here and there since X-Mas.

I've got the DMP 35.... I love it!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Variety, The Dark Knight has become the fourth film to take in more than $1 billion in worldwide box office.

Warner Bros. Pictures made the announcement Friday afternoon, saying that the combined domestic and international gross had totaled $1,001,082,160 to date -- about $533 million domestically and $567 million overseas.

The Dark Knight had been about $4 million short of the 10-figure mark when Warner Bros. re-released it into IMAX screens on Jan. 23, the day after its eight Oscar nominations were announced. Grosses from Ecuador also helped nudge the film over the mark, a spokeswoman said.

Only Titanic ($1.842 billion), The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King ($1.119 billion) and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest ($1.066 billion) have topped the billion-dollar worldwide mark previously.

"Knight" also is the second-highest domestic grosser of all time, trailing only Titanic.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats to Heath for picking up the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.

R.I.P.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Finally got around to this one. Wtf..?
This movie sucked. Are we rushed? Who edited this?....was he on speed? How about a little expositon? After only 20 minutes in I wanted to start it over just to keep up with.....with i'm not sure exactly. Ledger was good but did we need 80 other characters in this?
Horrible editing and an overdone story.
I just couldn't settle in to this thing beyond the scenes that contained Ledger/Joker.
Bleh
Crap
2/5

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This movie sucked. Are we rushed? Who edited this?....was he on speed? How about a little expositon? After only 20 minutes in I wanted to start it over just to keep up with.....with i'm not sure exactly. Ledger was good but did we need 80 other characters in this?
I just couldn't settle in to this thing beyond the scenes that contained Ledger/Joker.
Bleh
Crap
2/5

I think the word you are searching for is "Exposition"....which I don't understand. They explained the main character in the previous movie. I don't think you need to reintroduce the main character to the audience in a sequel, let alone the character or story of Batman. Beyond that I have read comments by other directors calling the initial bank robbery scene pure genius.

If you are bitching about the editing, you know jack about film.... it was nominated for the Academy Award in the editing category and was very well done. What 80 characters is your hyperbole getting at?

Just delete your post, save a little face and go back to watching Spy Kids 3D

Last edited:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the word you are searching for is "Exposition"....which I don't understand. They explained the main character in the previous movie. I don't think you need to reintroduce the main character to the audience in a sequel, let alone the character or story of Batman. Beyond that I have read comments by other directors calling the initial bank robbery scene pure genius.

If you are bitching about the editing, you know jack about film.... it was nominated for the Academy Award in the editing category and was very well done. What 80 characters is your hyperbole getting at?

Just delete your post, save a little face and go back to watching Spy Kids 3D
"The Day after Tomorrow" with time bombs.
I stand by my opinion so i'm gonna keep my post you ignorant cyber putz.
PM me next time you wanna play dick. Cool?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bleh
Crap
2/5

You and I agree alot on sports stuff but not this. This by far was the best comic book film to date. Loved almost everything about the film. Ledger was simply the most brilliant villain since Darth Vader IMO.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i really don't get that take either

you had wayne/batman who it's just a continuation of their character

the same can be said for fox, gordon & rachel

you then had a pretty good story of harvey dent/two face and the introduction of the joker (who was introduced briliantly in the bank robbery)

in the underworld you also had the mob factors

i think it was always interesting how these super villians and especially the joker interplayed with the establishment - not only the lawmen, but also the crooks and crooked lawmen

i don't think there were a lot of unecessary characters or characters that made it confusing

you were able to continue to understand wayne/batman, you were able to understand the joker and what drove him and you were able to understand how a guy like harvey dent could be twisted into two face (even if it wasn't acid thrown across a courtroom)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched about an hour and a half of this and turned it off.. It didnt absolutley nothing for me.. I felt nothing watching it.. Didnt care if Batman died or the Joker prevailed.. I didnt care one bit.. No idea how it ended, like I said I turned it off..

It all seemed so fake and corny.. From the Jokers stupid lil laugh, to the Batmans deep voice when he wasnt Bruce Wayne to the ugly chick that look like a sad puupy that is suppose to be the lead character..

I dunno man.. Its a freakin comic book.. I cant see how anyone could relate to this.. Good vs Evil? Only nerds that got bullied and never stood up for themselves and needed a fictional character can relate? I just dont know.. But I never read comics as a kid, they always seemed dumb..

Another ******** movie I started watching.. Thankfully, I had the good sense to turn this one off.. I aint 10 years old anymore..

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched about an hour and a half of this and turned it off.. It didnt absolutley nothing for me.. I felt nothing watching it.. Didnt care if Batman died or the Joker prevailed.. I didnt care one bit.. No idea how it ended, like I said I turned it off..

It all seemed so fake and corny.. From the Jokers stupid lil laugh, to the Batmans deep voice when he wasnt Bruce Wayne to the ugly chick that look like a sad puupy that is suppose to be the lead character..

I dunno man.. Its a freakin comic book.. I cant see how anyone could relate to this.. Good vs Evil? Only nerds that got bullied and never stood up for themselves and needed a fictional character can relate? I just dont know.. But I never read comics as a kid, they always seemed dumb..

Another ******** movie I started watching.. Thankfully, I had the good sense to turn this one off.. I aint 10 years old anymore..

:shock:

This movie wasn't for 10 year olds really...it was more dark and grown up.

Nothing Heath did was fake...the laugh, the Joker's snideness...that was some of the best acting ever.

Sorry you didn't like it...once of the best movies of the last decade.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shock:

This movie wasn't for 10 year olds really...it was more dark and grown up.

Nothing Heath did was fake...the laugh, the Joker's snideness...that was some of the best acting ever.

Sorry you didn't like it...once of the best movies of the last decade.

I dunno man..

I didnt see the darkness of the movie..It felt like I was watching a comic.. I called things that were gonna happen before they did because in my thought process, thats what would happen in a comic book.. And they happened just as I thought they would.. The jokers laugh wasnt convincing at all and Batmans deep voice when he wasnt Bruce Wayne irritated me to no end..

I know lots of people who like this movie and call it a great movie.. And thats great.. It just wasnt for me.. The only comic that got made into a movie I enjoy is the Spiderman movies.. The rest of them could have never been made and it wouldnt have bothered me one bit..

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno man..

I didnt see the darkness of the movie..It felt like I was watching a comic.. I called things that were gonna happen before they did because in my thought process, thats what would happen in a comic book.. And they happened just as I thought they would.. The jokers laugh wasnt convincing at all and Batmans deep voice when he wasnt Bruce Wayne irritated me to no end..

I know lots of people who like this movie and call it a great movie.. And thats great.. It just wasnt for me.. The only comic that got made into a movie I enjoy is the Spiderman movies.. The rest of them could have never been made and it wouldnt have bothered me one bit..

The Spiderman movies were fun but not the scripts were so so. The last Spiderman movie sucked balls. The reason this movie got so much pub is because it was by far the best written comic book movie to date.

Joker by far is the best version of him to date. No question. That is because of HL. You will get no argument form me regarding Batmans deep voice. Why the hell did they change that form the first one. This time it was just too over the top.

That is a minor thing though. The acting and writing were top notch...bar none.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only nerds that got bullied and never stood up for themselves and needed a fictional character can relate? I just dont know.. But I never read comics as a kid, they always seemed dumb..
You don't like it, that's cool. No need to throw insults around in a thread where most everyone else did.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm always blown away by how re-watchable this movie is.

Ledger's just amazing. That interrogation scene between the Joker and Batman is just off the charts. Dark, smart, funny. I love Christopher Nolan but I have no idea how he ever tops this movie.

Looking forward to Inception in a ridiculous way though.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm always blown away by how re-watchable this movie is.

Ledger's just amazing. That interrogation scene between the Joker and Batman is just off the charts. Dark, smart, funny. I love Christopher Nolan but I have no idea how he ever tops this movie.

Looking forward to Inception in a ridiculous way though.

Inception?

Please.... I need more..... lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazing.

And to think... I never knew. I will be there for this one.

the trailers will start hitting theaters next month and once it gets closer to the release date in July that means a couple things:

a) we'll be closer to this movie!

b) there will ABSOLUTELY be announcements about Batman 3 as Nolan does the press tour for Inception. I'm guessing Villain/Cast.

Is there any way there's as much hype for that movie as there was for Dark Knight? Or if there is, that it even comes close to living up to it like Dark Knight did? Probably not... it's pretty clear that the Joker + Ledger's death + the incredible ad campaign spun that hype to astronomical levels.

still, frothing at the mouth to see what Nolan comes up with in his original work and probably even more so with Batman.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose