The Dark Knight

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Batman VI

Until it gets a title, this will be the Batman VI thread.

Katie Holmes dropped from "Batman Begins" sequel?
Source: Cinema Confidential, Page Six

PageSix.com (http://www.pagesix.com) is reporting that Katie Holmes' character will not be appearing in the "Batman Begins" sequel.

It is rumoured that her character is being ditched to make way for the more famous DA featured in the comics, Harvey Dent, who becomes Batman's enemy Two Face.

Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman are all committed for a second Batman film.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the main cast locked in for 3 films, rumors are circulating regarding who might be the Joker in a future film (VI or VII).

Here are some of the names:

Mark Hamill
Crispin Glover
Lachy Hulme
Paul Bettany
Sean Penn

:shrug:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Mark Hamill has been doing the voice of the joker on the animated series for god knows how many years. It would be interesting. :)

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mark Hamill would be awesome IMO. I always felt the Joker from the animated series was the best Joker.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SunsTzu said:
Mark Hamill would be awesome IMO. I always felt the Joker from the animated series was the best Joker.

I agree completely. No one has captured the way I perceive the Joker's voice like Hamill.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SunsTzu said:

I agree. I just saw Batman Begins last night... man is that a great movie. It's good to see the real Batman on screen, and not the campy 'rubber nipples' Batman we've seen in a few films. Great movie. I loved how it ended too, with the card. Hamill would be excellent, plus it would keep the Jedi-Knight-as-the-bad-guy theme.

Oh hey, if you haven't seen the movie, don't read that last sentence. :p

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Whoever plays the Joker in the next movie will be nothing more than a man standing before a firing squad. Cha, try and follow Romero and Nicholson...right!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/01/film.ledger.reut/index.html

New 'Batman' names its Joker
Heath Ledger to take on role of criminal mastermind

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Batman is heading into a sequel, titled "The Dark Knight," and he will face off against the Joker, this time played by Heath Ledger.

Christian Bale, the star of last year's "Batman Begins," will reprise his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman and Christopher Nolan is returning to the directing chair.

Ledger, Oscar-nominated this year for his role in "Brokeback Mountain," resurrects a murderous role memorably played in 1989 by Jack Nicholson in Tim Burton's "Batman."

"Batman Begins" was a critical and commercial hit, and relaunched the Warner Bros. franchise.

An early 2007 start date is being eyed for the sequel. Before then, Bale and Nolan will be in theaters this fall with the Disney release "The Prestige."

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they start filming in Early 2007, is an December 2007 release too soon to hope for?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pariah said:
If they start filming in Early 2007, is an December 2007 release too soon to hope for?

Yes. It will definitely be placed in the summer of 2008.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it is half as good as the first one, and it will be worth the money.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
New 'Batman' names its Joker
Heath Ledger to take on role of criminal mastermind

Nice choice. I can see him pulling off a good Joker.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:

yes - it's slotted for summer '08. Ledger, huh? Don't know what to think of that, but I trust Nolan.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
so what exactly would this be about?

is it a remake or a still a prequel to the original batman?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
so what exactly would this be about?

is it a remake or a still a prequel to the original batman?

Batman Begins was never intended to be a prequel to the original Batman. The films were completely seperate.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Batman Begins was never intended to be a prequel to the original Batman. The films were completely seperate.

so is this story with the joker gonna have the same story or just have batman vs. joker again?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
so is this story with the joker gonna have the same story or just have batman vs. joker again?
There are lots and lots of Joker stories out there. Lots.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:

Your best bet is to totally disregard the original Batman movie--neither has anything to do with the other. If the story is the same (which it won't), it's just be another take on it.

The story can't be the same, because it looks like the Joker has already established himself at the end of Batman Begins because of the playing card. The original Batman was the Joker's origin story.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
The story can't be the same, because it looks like the Joker has already established himself at the end of Batman Begins because of the playing card. The original Batman was the Joker's origin story.
I'm not sure he's "established," neither Gordon nor Batman seemed to really know anything about him other than he's another wacko.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I'm not sure he's "established," neither Gordon nor Batman seemed to really know anything about him other than he's another wacko.

Versus him being Jack Napier who is betrayed by Carl Grissom, then falls into a vat of acid.

Before he was "The Joker", he never gave out playing cards -- at least, in the original movie he didn't. That's what I mean by "established", i.e. already in his new alter ego.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Robin Williams lobbied pretty hard to get the joker part. I'm glad he didn't get it......

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
yes - it's slotted for summer '08. Ledger, huh? Don't know what to think of that, but I trust Nolan.

I was suprised by his role in Lords of Dogtown, he's a better actor than I gave him credit for. I was hoping Crispin Glover would get this role though, still Mark Hamil does the best Joker imo.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SunsTzu said:
I was suprised by his role in Lords of Dogtown, he's a better actor than I gave him credit for. I was hoping Crispin Glover would get this role though, still Mark Hamil does the best Joker imo.

Is that the Weasel who played Luke Skywalker??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson