The corona virus & The NBA. 20-21

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish they would tell us the number of players vaccinated at this point. I'm a little surprised they havent. I would guess most coaches have been vaccinated at this point since they're older and a lot of them are in the age range that are considered high risk for the virus.

In Arizona the COVID-19 vaccine is eligible to everyone 16 and above.

I hope all the Suns players who want the vaccine are vaccinated if it hasn't already happened.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that most states are open to 16 and above it would be great for all the players to get vaccinated and then the day after their second shot have the NBA take the day off completely

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Now that most states are open to 16 and above it would be great for all the players to get vaccinated and then the day after their second shot have the NBA take the day off completely
Might be better to wait till the end of the season unless the NBA would put the league on hold for a few days for shots. I know some people that were put on their ass for a good 3-4 days after getting the shots.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might be better to wait till the end of the season unless the NBA would put the league on hold for a few days for shots. I know some people that were put on their ass for a good 3-4 days after getting the shots.

teams can deal with that for the greater good of EVERYONE surrounding the players, including refs, support staff, coaches, etc.

waiting three months for hundreds of guys who are all traveling across the country is stupid and selfish. Losing a game here and there doesn’t mean squat if it comes at the expense of possible loss of life.

get shots in arms and let’s **** out of this mess.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn't there a single dose vaccine now? I don't mean to turn this into a debate on the types of vaccines or side effects but if that's available then have a break for 3-4 days after the regular season before the playoffs start.

The NBA benefits also from teams being able to rest up in that time and present a healthier roster for the playoffs. So the quality of play should increase with the added rest and that's before factoring in all of the benefits from players now being vaccinated and not having to worry about losing someone like LeBron for the finals because he contracted Covid, which is probably one of the worst case scenarios for the league.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a single dose vaccine now? I don't mean to turn this into a debate on the types of vaccines or side effects but if that's available then have a break for 3-4 days after the regular season before the playoffs start.

The NBA benefits also from teams being able to rest up in that time and present a healthier roster for the playoffs. So the quality of play should increase with the added rest and that's before factoring in all of the benefits from players now being vaccinated and not having to worry about losing someone like LeBron for the finals because he contracted Covid, which is probably one of the worst case scenarios for the league.

the single dose J and J vax is temporarily shelved out of an abundance of caution because of blood clotting problems in six woman, out of six million doses given.

i do think it would be a solid idea to take a couple day vax break and get all the guys who want one to get one. But outside of that, dudes just need to get shots in arms. If not for the greater good, then for the greater good of the game like you mentioned. Having one of the stars of the game out of commission for a playoff series would suck.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
teams can deal with that for the greater good of EVERYONE surrounding the players, including refs, support staff, coaches, etc.

waiting three months for hundreds of guys who are all traveling across the country is stupid and selfish. Losing a game here and there doesn’t mean squat if it comes at the expense of possible loss of life.

get shots in arms and let’s **** out of this mess.
If they are expecting everyone to get them than they should just shut it down for a couple days or something. Then they could just get everyone to get it done as soon as possible without a bunch of games with a bunch of players missing. TBF these top tier athletes might not even get effected all that much by the shot anyways, but just throwing ideas out there. Also keep in mind that they have had 0 positive tests in the last week so clearly the players are doing something right with avoiding catching the virus.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why the NBA is not making a concerted effort to get everyone in the league vaccinated or at least those who are willing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
· 16m
Hornets list Miles Bridges out with health and safety protocols tonight vs. Detroit.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I really hope our guys were all smart enough to get the vaccine. It would be a heartbreaker if we lost a big piece in a playoff series because of vaccine stupidity.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, I really hope our guys were all smart enough to get the vaccine. It would be a heartbreaker if we lost a big piece in a playoff series because of vaccine stupidity.

I really hope Ayton is vaccinated. He's at the top of my list to do something stupid on this team.

Just guessing but I would imagine both Booker and CP3 are vaccinated already since they seem to split their free time in LA. Booker with his Kardashian and CP3 has his family there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope Ayton is vaccinated. He's at the top of my list to do something stupid on this team.

Just guessing but I would imagine both Booker and CP3 are vaccinated already since they seem to split their free time in LA. Booker with his Kardashian and CP3 has his family there.

Ayton is def the one who comes to mind when I worry about dudes getting Covid or putting themselves in the protocol at the worst time.