The Cards Seem Confused About the Passing Game

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Lomas was only in AZ for 3 seasons. Is our LT list that poor?

LTs
1 - Luis Sharpe
2 - DJ Humphries
3 - LJ Shelton
4 - Lomas Brown
5 - Jared Veldheer

EDIT: Leonard Davis belongs in here, not sure where. He was a better RG but played the most snaps at LT.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
LG
1 - Reggie Wells ???
2 - Justin Pugh ???
3 - Mike Iupati
4 - Pete Kendall

EDIT I am rearranging this.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Lomas was only in AZ for 3 seasons. Is our LT list that poor?

LTs
1 - Luis Sharpe
2 - DJ Humphries
3 - LJ Shelton
4 - Lomas Brown
5 - Jared Veldheer

first question: yes, the LT list is that poor.

i dont think LJ was ever that good -- i think Wayne Gandy played a better LT for 1 year and would put him 5th

yikes

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Interesting question, where do the following offensive linemen rank in terms of players at their position since the Cardinals moved to Arizona?

DJ Humphries? Not a better career than Lomas Brown, but is he better than Lomas when he was signed as a FA? On par with LJ Shelton? Luis Sharpe is probably the best, right?

Justin Pugh? Pete Kendall?

Rodney Hudson? I know he is not the player he was, but is he already the best C the Cardinals have had since moving? Lyle Sendlein?

Kelvin Beachum? Not as good as Bobby Massie or Anthony Clement as he has played 1 year, or Leonard Davis, but is that the list?

I know throughout the 90s, most of the Cardinals offensive linemen were bad, or would put together one good season and then suck the rest of their career.

Best LT in Arizona era will likely soon go to DJ and that's only because I think he has staying power. Iupati was probably the best LG. Center has been a dumpster fire forever. RG? hmmm. RT? Probably Massie.

I liked Shelton more than most, but he isn't as good as Humphries.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
first question: yes, the LT list is that poor.

i dont think LJ was ever that good -- i think Wayne Gandy played a better LT for 1 year and would put him 5th

yikes
Mike Gandy played 3 seasons and I get your argument. Also, Leonard Davis played 3 seasons at LT.

I believe Shelton was underrated and he did start almost 6 full seasons. We weren't a good team which hurt him IMO.

slanidrac16

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A five yard pass gets you five yards. A pass behind the line of scrimmage could get you nothing or negative yards.
It’s okay once in a while.
1. We need to see motion on just about every play.
2. We need to move Dhop around.
3 We need more crossing patterns and use Kirk and Moores ability to get YAC.
4. We should be a better running team this year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I know throughout the 90s, most of the Cardinals offensive linemen were bad, or would put together one good season and then suck the rest of their career.

Best LT in Arizona era will likely soon go to DJ and that's only because I think he has staying power. Iupati was probably the best LG. Center has been a dumpster fire forever. RG? hmmm. RT? Probably Massie.

Pugh has only started one less game in AZ than Iupati did and I would argue he has been much more consistent but it is debatable.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
lol

Our all time Arizona (in AZ only) Cardinals offensive line is probably

LT - Luis Sharpe
LG - Mike Wells
C - Lyle Sendlein
RG - Leonard Davis (Only played 1 season at RG but easily the best)
RT - Anthony Clement

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

If DJ stays healthy this year and plays at a similar level to last year, he will be getting a monster contract at over 20 mil per year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Leonard Davis is still underrated as an LT here. I believe he was a Pro Bowl alternate one season.