The Cardinals will not win more than 4 games with Anderson as the qb

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again it is all about the opponent. Farve played against the defending SB Champs 13-3 last year. Rogers against the Eagles 11-5 last year, Schaub the Colts 14-2 and Bradford against the best Safety tandem in the NFL.

Don't give Favre credit, he looked awful and out of synch. He is lost right now without Rice and without any snaps with the offense in preseason.

seesred

Reaction score
I guess we only have to win three more games with DA. I hope they are coming in the next three games. Considering it was the first game of the season I'm a DA fan until proven otherwise. He is not the only QB that misses targets in the league. And yes he almost threw an interception(but that don't count). Go Anderson!!!!!!!!

GBR

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't give Favre credit, he looked awful and out of synch. He is lost right now without Rice and without any snaps with the offense in preseason.

Actually I was giving more credit to New Orleans. Without Rice and with Harvin hurting though I'm surprised that old man did as well as he did.

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
How bout we take a look at the OL. They looked confused all day and consistently failed to pick up the blitz. On one play in which DA was sacked, nobody even bothered to look at much less block a Rams DE who waltzed right in untouched for the easy sack. DA was forced to throw under pressure, was hit repeatedly, and did not have the time to allow plays to develop. Once this line gets some continuity, then it would be fair to criticize DA and look at other options. As it is now, if we bring in Hall he could get seriously injured before he ever has time to learn the system. I don't think anyone is saying Derek Anderson is the QB of the future, but whether you like it or not, he is the QB of the present! (How many yards were nullified by holding penalties?)

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Anderson is so bad, no wonder he couldn't even win the starting job in Cleveland. Stevie Wonder could throw more accurate than Anderson. Just let Hall start and play for the future because Anderson is definitely not the future with this team.

Anderson DID win a starting job in Cleveland-----he also lost it. He WON a starting job here too, AND HE WON YESTERDAY, (did you not see the final score). And yes he WILL WIN MORE THAN 4 GAMES WITH THE CARDS, BARRING INJURY.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about this 4 game junk but I think he is a .500 quarterback at best. The Rams are not a great team IMO but played us like they were in the playoffs. Now factor in those 2 ducks that should have been easy interceptions from the Rams and Anderson probably wouldn't have had a chance to get over 200 yards in that game.

Anderson sucks. I don't care what he did in a couple stretches. This is not a playoff team with Anderson.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
What were your expectations going in? If you were expecting him to be as good as Kurt Warner of course your going to be disappointed. If you expected him to be just ok, then you pretty much got that from him. He's nothing special, but he should do ok.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
What were your expectations going in? If you were expecting him to be as good as Kurt Warner of course your going to be disappointed. If you expected him to be just ok, then you pretty much got that from him. He's nothing special, but he should do ok.

Very reasonable and accurate assessment on your part WarnerFan. I don't understand how anyone, (knowing that Anderson was still trying to absorb the play-book), and had only a very few snaps under fire in pre-season with the ones, could expect Anderson to play like a polished Warner did, (after he learned the play-book). Do they not remember the truly sad games that Warner sufferred through before the gloves were discovered, and his timing was cemented with his receivers. Do you not remember the frustration that Warner endured last year, when he was suddenly confronted with throwing to receivers that he had not practiced with all week. Anderson is going through the same thing. He did (after all) manage to get us a win.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
Just enjoy the season and take it game by game
we have 1-0, 15 to go

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The guy throws for 297 yards, one TD, no int., and is ranked Week One above Favre, Rogers, Schaub, McNabb and the rookie whose butt he just beat, Bradford. In fact, after this week's game, he's ranked above half the quarterbacks in the league.

Maybe we should just let him play and see how he does instead of throwing him under the bus for what he's done in the past.

Sorry. Bradford was the best QB on the field yesterday.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My two QB's on my fantasy team are DA and Drew Brees. Naturally I played Brees. Anderson scored over 19 points and Brees scored a little less than 18 points.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave