The Cardinals are 7-0 on the road this season

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree. The problem is our “runs” have only lasted a couple of years at a time. It seems the good teams win consistently and make the playoffs 4 out of 5 years on their runs.
I also think that is the main reason we aren’t getting quite the respect we think we deserve. If The Chiefs, Ravens, the Saints were sitting at 10-2 the media would be all over them based on reputation. The exception to the rule would be the Cowboys. The haven’t done crap in 20 years but if they were 10-2 the media would be engraving their name on the Lombardi Trophy already.
You’re right about the runs and respect. But what did all of those teams have in common? For the most part the runs typically coincided with landing a young QB. High level consistency at that position gives you an advantage year in and year out. Our runs had retreads at the position. So the runs’ longevity being truncated was foreseeable.

As did the respect, what do those teams also have in common? Coaches who won super bowls. You win the big one, you bet a lot more respect.

And Cowboys anything in this discussion . . . blechhh.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Eddie deserves his team back, but that’s a conversation for mother day.
I fully agree. He was one of the best owners in the history of the game.

When 49er safety Jeff Fuller severed nerves in his neck on a helmet-first tackle during a game with New England last October, DeBartolo immediately left his luxury box, followed the ambulance to the hospital, waited in Fuller's hospital room, watched Fuller cry, cried himself and eventually, under absolutely no legal obligation, arranged to pay Fuller—who still has no movement in his right arm—$100,000 a year for the rest of his life.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave