The Cardinals are 7-0 on the road this season

Red Samurai

Reaction score
The Cardinals are 7-0 on the road this season. They have 2 more road games, VS Detroit and Dallas. If they win those last two road games, I guarantee they will win a playoff game. Every team that ever finished their regular season with a perfect road record has won a playoff game that season. Most have advanced to the SuperBowl and even won the SuperBowl. The Cardinals are also 5-0 all time in playoff home games.

OP
OP
Red Samurai

Red Samurai

Reaction score
As long as we finish the regular season as a higher seed than Tom Brady’s Buccaneers, we will advance to the SuperBowl. The Packers should not be a concern come playoff time. We play them at home in Arizona, we win. We play them at Lambeau Field, we still win.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The '80s 49ers were absolute road warriors. They were one of the first teams (maybe THE first?) to have their own jet. Wives were welcome on their road trips. Eddie D did everything possible to make traveling comfortable. Whatever the formula was, it worked.

Amazing stat: Only one team in the league had more HOME wins than the Niners did on the road during the decade - the Donks @ Mile High. Every other team in the league won less home games than the Niners did road games. That's insane, especially when carried over an entire decade.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The '80s 49ers were absolute road warriors. They were one of the first teams (maybe THE first?) to have their own jet. Wives were welcome on their road trips. Eddie D did everything possible to make traveling comfortable. Whatever the formula was, it worked.

Amazing stat: Only one team in the league had more HOME wins than the Niners did on the road during the decade - the Donks @ Mile High. Every other team in the league won less home games than the Niners did road games. That's insane, especially when carried over an entire decade.
That’s absolutely craY

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Once a decade sounds about right... Sheesh.

That would be better than the truth actually.

Out of the 10 - 10 win seasons...

5 in the last 13 years
3 in a row 1974-1976

8 in 16 years.
2 in the remaining - 84

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

5 in the last 13 years
3 in a row 1974-1976

8 in 16 years.
2 in the remaining - 84

How you keep track of this suckage and still maintain your sanity is a tribute to your courage and fortitude!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Makes Lomax to Green with :03 on the clock at Sun Devil Stadium to defeat the Niners all the more impressive.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

5 in the last 13 years
3 in a row 1974-1976

8 in 16 years.
2 in the remaining - 84
Holy crap I thought you were exaggerating. That’s beyond pathetic.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Makes Lomax to Green with :03 on the clock at Sun Devil Stadium to defeat the Niners all the more impressive.
Funny story. When Lomax was in college, I was a young dude working in an air freight office in South San Francisco, and a huge Niner & Stanford football fan. I had a 7am start as did one of our drivers and every morning we had time to talk sports. He nicknamed me "Lomax" at some point - I don't even remember why - and it stuck. It was while he was putting up insane numbers in college.

We both followed Jerry Rice's senior year at Mississippi Valley State very closely, would talk about his game every Monday morning during that season. We were way ahead of the curve being excited about the guy. With no internet hype machine at our disposal, you had to dig pretty deep to read up on a guy playing at a tiny school, even if he was putting up crazy numbers. When the Niners drafted him, we come in on Monday morning and first thing he says to me is "Niners got Jerry Rice baby!" Little did we know just how great that would turn out.

Another time he asks me if I'm going to the Warriors game that night. "Nah, they're playing Atlanta" was my reply. "But the Human Highlight Film is in town, guaranteed to get you out of your seat at least 3 times a game" was his reply. So me and my best pal went. And Dominique Wilkins did indeed get us out of our seat at least 3 times.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Eddie deserves his team back, but that’s a conversation for mother day.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

5 in the last 13 years
3 in a row 1974-1976

8 in 16 years.
2 in the remaining - 84
It has indeed been pathetic before 2008. The Cardinals would have to win the remaining 5 games this year, go 17-0 for the next 11 years, then start 5-0 in 2033 just to get back to .500 in the regular season. And they'd have to win those games by an average of about 19.2 points each to even up their all-time point differential!

But to keep things in perspective, regular seasons only had 14 games before 1978, and 12 before 1961. Prior to 1947, regular seasons averaged under 11 games.

Using a 16-game season as the standard, a 10-win season equates to .625 win rate. So, that yields a whopping 9 .625 seasons in the remaining 54 years. SO much better! :lol:

...dave

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we get to the NFC Title Game, that will be the 3rd time in 13 years accomplishing that. And it will be the 5th time in the playoffs in 13 years. That actually not TOO bad for one of the more “also ran” franchises and leagues ahead of where the franchise was only making the playoffs ONCE in the previous 20 years.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has indeed been pathetic before 2008. The Cardinals would have to win the remaining 5 games this year, go 17-0 for the next 11 years, then start 5-0 in 2033 just to get back to .500 in the regular season. And they'd have to win those games by an average of about 19.2 points each to even up their all-time point differential!

But to keep things in perspective, regular seasons only had 14 games before 1978, and 12 before 1961. Prior to 1947, regular seasons averaged under 11 games.

Using a 16-game season as the standard, a 10-win season equates to .625 win rate. So, that yields a whopping 9 .625 seasons in the remaining 54 years. SO much better! :lol:

...dave

Yer killin' me with this.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we get to the NFC Title Game, that will be the 3rd time in 13 years accomplishing that. And it will be the 5th time in the playoffs in 13 years. That actually not TOO bad for one of the more “also ran” franchises and leagues ahead of where the franchise was only making the playoffs ONCE in the previous 20 years.
I agree. The problem is our “runs” have only lasted a couple of years at a time. It seems the good teams win consistently and make the playoffs 4 out of 5 years on their runs.
I also think that is the main reason we aren’t getting quite the respect we think we deserve. If The Chiefs, Ravens, the Saints were sitting at 10-2 the media would be all over them based on reputation. The exception to the rule would be the Cowboys. The haven’t done crap in 20 years but if they were 10-2 the media would be engraving their name on the Lombardi Trophy already.