The BRS Cardinal Mock - 12 Days & Counting...

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here goes - I'm using the CBSports player-ranking chart as of 4/14/2013 as my Board (to keep me honest) and it sucks (I had to make a few hard decisions and do not feel the draft will actually fall that way - I think Jordan will be gone by #7 and we'll have more offensive linemen than just Cooper to choosed from).

Available at #7 are Cooper, Jordan and (as a concession to his adoring fans on this board) Mingo, so I developed three mock scenarios. They all vary at #7 and (in 2 cases) #38, but are identical from #69 downward.

Scenario #1 -
007. Cooper OG
038. Ogletree OLB
069. Schwenke C
103. Shawn Williams SS
140. Barner RB
174. Hawthorne CB
176. Beauharnais ILB

Scenario #2 -
007. D Jordan OLB
038. Armstead OT
069. Schwenke C
103. Shawn Williams SS
140. Barner RB
174. Hawthorne CB
176. Beauharnais ILB

Scenario #3 -
007. Mingo OLB
038. Armstead OT
069. Schwenke C
103. Shawn Williams SS
140. Barner RB
174. Hawthorne CB
176. Beauharnais ILB

(Assuming the CBSports board is accurate), the only major reach was Beaharnais at #176 (CBSports ranks him in the mid 200's) but I've seen him, liked him and feel his 4.69 pro day forty time moves him up out of the journeyman area and into at least 6th round territory.

Read it and weep.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like scenario #1, I think it is most realistic on who would be there and the Cards go after. Jordan won't be there at #7, too much upside and teams ahead of us are in need of a pass rusher.

However, I do see the Cards taking a qb somewhere in the draft. IMO some are going to drop to the 3rd or even 4th round. If Glennon is there in the 3rd the Cards could take him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's hope a team gets jittery (not the Cardinals) and takes a QB before #7.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Try this one.
RD 1.Chance Warmack G Alabama
RD 2. Eric Reid FS LSU
RD 3. Jamie Collins OLB WF
RD 4. Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
RD 5. A.J. Klein ILB-OLB Iowa State
RD 6. Adrian Bushnell CB Louisville
RD 7. Anthony McCloud DT-NT Florida State

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Jeff we lost the 176 pick to Oakland in the Palmer deal. We got their 7th Rd. pick.

Good job though.

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Try this one.
RD 1.Chance Warmack G Alabama
RD 2. Eric Reid FS LSU
RD 3. Jamie Collins OLB WF
RD 4. Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
RD 5. A.J. Klein ILB-OLB Iowa State
RD 6. Adrian Bushnell CB Louisville
RD 7. Anthony McCloud DT-NT Florida State

We need a SS if we take one early. R. Johnson will be playing FS.

Bushnell has some good measurables. Can he track the ball?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I don't buy any mock that doesn't have us taking a TE.

As I am 95% sure we will take one somewhat early.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Strong and free safety is yesterday's way of playing the back end. Box strong safeties are going the way of fullbacks in the new game. All safeties have to be able to cover and lay a punch when needed.

P.S. Can't imagine Ogletree getting past the back end of the first. There are teams at that end who need ILB's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JeffGollin

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeff we lost the 176 pick to Oakland in the Palmer deal. We got their 7th Rd. pick.

Good job though.
Y'know? I thought that was the case and checked the nfl.com site. They gave us 176.

I agree that Ogletree shouldn't get past the 1st or that Jordan shouldn't be there at #7, in the "real" world, but I was held hostage to the CBSports player list

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Bushnell is like most college CBs.He looks like Rod Woodson for a few plays and then he looks like Rod Serling for a play.Decent ball skills nothing special.Can be a solid nickel and reserve while getting Pro coaching.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here goes - I'm using the CBSports player-ranking chart as of 4/14/2013 as my Board (to keep me honest) and it sucks (I had to make a few hard decisions and do not feel the draft will actually fall that way - I think Jordan will be gone by #7 and we'll have more offensive linemen than just Cooper to choosed from).

Available at #7 are Cooper, Jordan and (as a concession to his adoring fans on this board) Mingo, so I developed three mock scenarios. They all vary at #7 and (in 2 cases) #38, but are identical from #69 downward.

Scenario #1 -
007. Cooper OG
038. Ogletree OLB
069. Schwenke C
103. Shawn Williams SS
140. Barner RB
174. Hawthorne CB
176. Beauharnais ILB

Scenario #2 -
007. D Jordan OLB
038. Armstead OT
069. Schwenke C
103. Shawn Williams SS
140. Barner RB
174. Hawthorne CB
176. Beauharnais ILB

Scenario #3 -
007. Mingo OLB
038. Armstead OT
069. Schwenke C
103. Shawn Williams SS
140. Barner RB
174. Hawthorne CB
176. Beauharnais ILB

(Assuming the CBSports board is accurate), the only major reach was Beaharnais at #176 (CBSports ranks him in the mid 200's) but I've seen him, liked him and feel his 4.69 pro day forty time moves him up out of the journeyman area and into at least 6th round territory.

Read it and weep.

Not a fan of 2 and 3 but I love option 1. I'd be very very happy if that was our draft. I see your big on Shawn Williams as am I, man the safeties are just so good this year I can name about 5 or 6 that I would want on this team

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Strong and free safety is yesterday's way of playing the back end. Box strong safeties are going the way of fullbacks in the new game. All safeties have to be able to cover and lay a punch when needed.

P.S. Can't imagine Ogletree getting past the back end of the first. There are teams at that end who need ILB's.

Most SS's have to cover the new breed of TE's. The Gronks, Hernandez, Graham, Vernon Davis, ect....still have to be more physical than a FS and yes good coverage skills. More important than ever to have a real good one.

OP
OP
JeffGollin

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jeff, are you going to have a Cardinal Mock and a 1sr Round contest?
For the last season or two, the contest was overseen by ASFN, but I'd be happy to be an active part again. My suggestions (subject to change based on your comments):

- Entries are posted on an Official ASFN thread.

- You can use the "edit" button to make revisions right up to deadline time.

- How about a 5 pm ET deadline on draft day?

- Entries will consist of (a) a full 32-pick 1st round mock, (b) Cardinal pick for each round we pick in.

- Scoring will involve a few categories: (1) Most number of bulls-eyes (i.e. correct player to correct team at correct spot) in the first round, (2) Highest number of players correctly predicted to be drafted in the first round, (3) Highest match of player to team (regardless of when drafted) in the first round - with an optional category (3a) of correct player-to team matches regardless of round and (4) The most correct player-to-Cardinal matches during all 7 rounds.

- a couple of minor tweaks - (a) Player to team matches that occur in later rounds can only be based on the 32 picks you predicted for the 1st round (i.e. don't list "extra picks" to be counted for later rounds). (b) UDFA's signed by the Cardinals don't count as matches in the 7 round mock contest.

- Rather than a complex scoring system, I'll just announce that so & so had the most accurate hits in the various categories and are Official Cardinal Draft Gurus for the year.

- No prizes (unless any of you would like to cough up one or two).

- Winners will be announced both here and on the BRS.

That's all I've got. Please chime in with approval, comments, recommended revisions etc. by, say, next Monday.

Last edited: