The Bernie Sanders Thread

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Dback Jon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

I never cited Italy or Europe. I did specifically cite Scandanavian countries.

You guys are also proving my point. A lot these European countries are struggling due to having large social programs and out of control immigration. The more successful countries that Bernie cites are more restrictive with their immigration and are further away from the refugee nations.

2. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

There's just no way for me to shake the feeling that Bernie is my 7th grade science teacher constantly lecturing me.

3. UncleChris

UncleChris Retirement Doesn't Suck Contributor

4. Western Font

Western Font Registered

Thanks! I’m not sure how helpful this article really is because he’s conflating examples from different systems to support points not consistent to all. Insured treatment in Canada is covered at the first dollar and does not have a copay or deductible. I’m guessing the “up to 15%” out-of-pocket expenditures he cites for Canadians must refer to un-covered treatment and supplemental (prescription, vision, dental), but it’s not a copay or cost-sharing within the coverage. Expanding the umbrella of coverage is a different issue, and saying that “only doctor and hospital” visits are covered is misleading because that is the designated coverage.

His fourth point is that single-payer systems are not “universal” because non-residents are not covered, and that healthcare is a factor in immigration policy. I really don’t think anyone assumes otherwise.

It does make me realize that I don’t know enough about the bills in Congress he mentions, but he didn’t really explore them here.

LVG likes this.
  5. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

That was where you referred to Europe. You maybe didn't mean to but you did.

6. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I meant to mention Europe. Somehow it seems to have taken on it's own life.

7. Western Font

Western Font Registered

Mainstreet said “a lot of European countries” and you quote-replied with “those countries” and “Most have...” Scandinavia not specified until later.

8. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

this kind of crap is so infuriating. it's beyond intellectually dishonest for @Folster to make the argument "he never said Europe" after he SPECIFICALLY responded to a post that was ONLY about Europe and before Scandanavian countries were even mentioned. But since he made a completely baseless in fact statement that he couldn't back up, he's now shifted the goal-posts and playing dumb.

WHY THE F CAN'T PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY JUST ADMIT THEY'RE WRONG WHEN THEY'RE WRONG?!

Heucrazy likes this.
  9. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

This is 200% spot on!:

DWKB and LVG like this.
  10. LVG

LVG Your Friendly Neighborhood P&R Mod Contributor

He’s also a corporate shill / rat.

Comedy aside, this is exactly what the tea party did to moderate Republicans when the tea party took over.

They slandered them with falsehoods and with lies to make them seem less credible.

It’s part of the reason why I say that what is happening to the Dem party now is what happened to the GOP in 2008-10.

If you support Bernie, you’re not just supporting a revolution. You’re supporting destruction of the last sane pillar of governance that this country possesses. And you may come to power.

But you may not. And if this goes to its natural conclusion and you lose, remember my post when you are lined up against the wall and the rifles are pointed at you.

11. Luciano

Luciano Registered

LVG likes this.
  12. LVG

LVG Your Friendly Neighborhood P&R Mod Contributor

After seeing a lot of comments on various social media platforms, I will have a very difficult time supporting Bernie over Trump. I’d rather let it burn all to the ground.

13. Folster

Folster The system doesn't work.

You're so pious. Yes, I should've clarified Scandanavia immediately when Mainstreet mentioned Europe. This is a thread about Bernie Sanders who always cites Denmark, Sweden, and others as examples for us to follow. Obviously I'm aware that Italy, France and other European countries closer to the refugee crisis were slammed and are having a much more difficult time.

The point remains, you can't have massive social programs and unchecked immigration. More and more the Democrats are sounding like a party that wants open borders with their rhetoric.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2020
    Shane likes this.
  14. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Free immigration!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

15. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

I shudder to think the damage that another 4 years of trump will do to the environment and equality and the judicial system

DemsMyBoys likes this.