The Batman (2022)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am just happy the studio is moving on from Snyder. It needs fresh blood.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had Snyder stuck with a Man Of Steel trilogy it would’ve been fine. The decision to go with Batman again after the Nolan trilogy was a terrible a strategy. It makes me mad.
I believe the idea was for Snyder to lead everything DC and unify the verse to compete with Marvel. So, I don't think it was just about Batman. Either way it was a huge mistake.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people will think it's a masterpiece, others will find it polarizing. The word I like is "relevant". Curious to see what others think.

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mostly glowing reviews on Twitter and then there’s this awesome take. :D

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Hear! Hear! Too many movies now are in the 2.5+ hour range that don't need to be. Usually there's at least a half hour of fat that used to get trimmed from them. I get annoyed at night at times when I only have 1.5-2 hours before bed and can't find anything that will fit in the the time slot.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reeves wanted to bring back the roots of Batman. The detective in the character.

Finito

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
I haven’t watched but everyone I know who has says it’s pretty damn good

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It had better be, at 2 hours and 56 minutes.
I haven't seen it yet but the length has been the main, and really only, complaint I've heard on it. Sounds the consensus is that it's about 30 min. too long with most of the fat being in the 2nd half.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet but the length has been the main, and really only, complaint I've heard on it. Sounds the consensus is that it's about 30 min. too long with most of the fat being in the 2nd half.
I would say about 15 minutes maybe. However, what offsets it? The cinemaphotography is amazing. So many beautiful shots. The movie is definitely a detective movie set in the Batman universe. I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. I am looking forward to a sequel. For me? Easily the best DC movie since the original Wonder Woman. If you are expecting a balls out action movie from start to finish this movie isn't for you. Definitely, has a slow simmer but it pays off.

cheesebeef

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was fine. Beautiful to look at. Liked the first half A LOT more than the second half. For a 3 hour movie, I didn’t feel like it dragged all that much, so that at least shows I was entertained. Pattinson is pretty good in the Suit. Not much out of it. And I think that’s kinda on purpose for what they’re trying to do, but still doesn’t make for a dynamic take on the character.

Biggest problem was that the Riddler didn’t really do it for me.

Otherwise, Penguin is great in limited time. Alfred is whatever. Kravitz is the third best Selina Kyle. Felt relentlessly “dark”, and sometimes trying to hard to be. Saw a couple of the twists and turns coming from a ways away, and what twist I didn’t, I was like... okay.

Maybe I’m just Batman’d out considering this is the third Batman in the last decade.

I’ll be interested to see what he does with the sequel, but I won’t be running to the theater to see it.

Last edited: