The AZ Defense

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Harry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. gimpy

gimpy Registered

I thought Joseph changed the game plan at half time, which made a huge difference in the game.

jf-08 likes this.
  2. Krusher kardinals

Krusher kardinals Registered

Week 7-Beat the “so called MVP in the league”.
    Week 8-Bye

daves and jf-08 like this.
  3. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Last night was different. Too many times we watched our defense give up a td to a wr where no one was within 15 yards of him.

But last night Just about every cArch was contested. Sometimes the other team makes a great play. Wilson had about 5 or 6 throws that were perfect....and they had to be PERFECT.

I’ve ripped on PP21 plenty but last night the two long passes he gave up were played about as good as a human being can play them. Probably the best game he’s played in 3 or 4 years.

Yes we’d like 3 and outs every time but when you’re playing a team like the Seahawks you hope to contain them and keep up.

Last night we gave up 34 points and over 500 yards in offense.... and it was beautiful!

daves likes this.
  4. BritCard

BritCard Registered

True, tough to cover those deep throws if accurate. If you have a WR and QB in sync in theory they always have the advantage. I was more disappointed with the underneath throws. They converted quite a few 3rd downs on wide open guys underneath. But they fixed in in the 2nd half and it was much better.

daves likes this.
  5. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Just sub Wilson for Murray and you have an equally accurate statement about Seattle

phillycard and slanidrac16 like this.
  6. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

Yeah, but this is Seattle. Great pressure on the QB is has been a huge part of their defense for a decade. And, that was the worst defensive line we have played all season, IMO. Including Dallas, even. They sucked.

7. ajcardfan

ajcardfan I see you. Contributor

The way Peterson basically took Metcalf out of the game was huge. I agree, his best game in a LONG time.

daves likes this.
  8. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Ive never liked Vance. I never wanted him from the start. But I will give him this.

He adjusted superbly at half time. His 2nd half and OT game plan was very solid. And he did it all with a pass rush that can't do much without blitz help.

Hats off to Vance. He won that game. Credit where credit is due.

9. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

NFL network replayed the 2019 game in SEA on Saturday.

in that game, the D played that high pressure, blitzes from all angles D and really had Russ guessing.

maybe it was the plan, maybe injuries forced him into it -- but we didnt see much of that last night until the 4th quarter and really in overtime.

curious