The AZ Defense

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler did break a couple of tackles in the pocket, one of which was a would be safety.

Yeah, but this is Seattle. Great pressure on the QB is has been a huge part of their defense for a decade. And, that was the worst defensive line we have played all season, IMO. Including Dallas, even. They sucked.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night was different. Too many times we watched our defense give up a td to a wr where no one was within 15 yards of him.

But last night Just about every cArch was contested. Sometimes the other team makes a great play. Wilson had about 5 or 6 throws that were perfect....and they had to be PERFECT.

I’ve ripped on PP21 plenty but last night the two long passes he gave up were played about as good as a human being can play them. Probably the best game he’s played in 3 or 4 years.

Yes we’d like 3 and outs every time but when you’re playing a team like the Seahawks you hope to contain them and keep up.

Last night we gave up 34 points and over 500 yards in offense.... and it was beautiful!

The way Peterson basically took Metcalf out of the game was huge. I agree, his best game in a LONG time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ive never liked Vance. I never wanted him from the start. But I will give him this.

He adjusted superbly at half time. His 2nd half and OT game plan was very solid. And he did it all with a pass rush that can't do much without blitz help.

Hats off to Vance. He won that game. Credit where credit is due.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
NFL network replayed the 2019 game in SEA on Saturday.

in that game, the D played that high pressure, blitzes from all angles D and really had Russ guessing.

maybe it was the plan, maybe injuries forced him into it -- but we didnt see much of that last night until the 4th quarter and really in overtime.

curious