The Ayton Plan

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but if he wants max money, then we are in no better position than we were with Ayton.

The Suns should get permission to speak with him before a deal to see if he'd resign here and for how much.

I can see him wanting more money to stay on a bottom feeder like the Pacers than playing for a contender. He's not going worth the max and wouldn't get that on the open market, unlike Ayton.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After looking at it. It’s a hell no on Myles Turner

Played 42 games this year and 47 last

Big man+ any kind of foot injury= All bad.

Certain type of injuries I can’t look past and at the top of the list are back and feet

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are walking a thin line here. They know they can offer the most money (combo of money/years). They at the same time don't want to offer him the most money. Likely want him to field offers to see if they can pay him the least possible.

I would love to hear the Suns contract pitch (assuming they have not already decided to do a sign and trade internally). Still to be a fly on the wall.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't hear the guys name from SI but he said that after talking to many teams across the league the Suns might be signaling they are not willing to pay Ayton $30 million a year which is an attempt to get teams to start making offers. If this is true? Sounds like Ayton is as good as gone.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are walking a thin line here. They know they can offer the most money (combo of money/years). They at the same time don't want to offer him the most money. Likely want him to field offers to see if they can pay him the least possible.

I would love to hear the Suns contract pitch (assuming they have not already decided to do a sign and trade internally). Still to be a fly on the wall.

We just need the marketing team who made the Robin Lopez comic for his pitch to make a Deandre Ayton video game.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't hear the guys name from SI but he said that after talking to many teams across the league the Suns might be signaling they are not willing to pay Ayton $30 million a year which is an attempt to get teams to start making offers. If this is true? Sounds like Ayton is as good as gone.

That's the wrong message the Suns should be sending. "We don't think our guy is worth a max contract. What will you give us for him?"

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the interview with Bill Duffy, the agent for Deandre Ayton.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It’s been no secret the Suns don’t want to pay max money and years

If I remember right they were willing to give him the money just for 3 years not 5. That was the hang up. That tells me Sarver said I’ll spend this much but here’s your window to James Jones

And I think that window closed faster than they though

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is also reporting Atlanta, Detroit and Portland to be strong players for Ayton. He is also hearing Charlotte and San Antonio are possibilities.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Actually I was thinking this might be the reason for Ayton's agent speaking out in a recent interview on Sirius radio.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly after next year I don’t expect Monty, Paul or Ayton to be here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is also reporting Atlanta, Detroit and Portland to be strong players for Ayton. He is also hearing Charlotte and San Antonio are possibilities.

Atlanta could offer Capela is a S&T. He's due $18.2 million next season so the salary works. We'd need a pick with him but I'd be happy with that return. He's locked up for the foreseeable future as well as he just signed an extension.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys… he’s gone. There’s not this much smoke around a guy who is coming back to a team. He wants out and to get paid and I think the team wants him out.

Only question now is what can we get for him.

And good lord… the Stix decision only looks a thousand times worse right now. Would be really nice to have a young, energetic, athletic C there to fill the void a little next to whatever we can add for Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atlanta could offer Capela is a S&T. He's due $18.2 million next season so the salary works. We'd need a pick with him but I'd be happy with that return. He's locked up for the foreseeable future as well as he just signed an extension.

I wouldn't be happy with Capela. He can't spread the court with his shooting and had a .473 free throw percentage this past season.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Monty said on the court Ayton had quit the breakup was pretty much guaranteed. It's just the coach or the player now.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys… he’s gone. There’s not this much smoke around a guy who is coming back to a team. He wants out and to get paid and I think the team wants him out.

And good lord… the Stix decision only looks a thousand times worse right now. Would be really nice to have a young, energetic, athletic C there to fill the void a little next to whatever we can add for Ayton.

Oh he’s gone your right but like I said I think there all gone by the end of next year.

Ayton is the fall guy right now but when Paul fails again and he will who we pointing the finger at then?

All these names like Turner and Capela don’t work for this team

So you trot out
Capela
Crowder
Bridges
Booker
Paul

That’s 3 guys in your starting 5 who can’t get there own shot and a guy who will be 38 come playoffs.

Say what you want about Ayton you can throw it to him and he can score. You flat out can’t do that with Capela or Turner

This team needs a legit offensive weapon. Booker has proven he can’t deal with being doubled he needs a guy to play off of and Paul can’t be that guy anymore he’s just to old.

If I’m trading Ayton it’s for a legit offensive big or wing

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It didn't seem like Monty wanted to play Jalen Smith either.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A sign and trade is effectively not matching.

You may be right semantically, but everyone knows what I mean. A sign and trade would be him signing with us. If he signs an offer sheet from another team, a sign and trade is off the table and we will match.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh he’s gone your right but like I said I think there all gone by the end of next year.

Ayton is the fall guy right now but when Paul fails again and he will who we pointing the finger at then?

All these names like Turner and Capela don’t work for this team

So you trot out
Capela
Crowder
Bridges
Booker
Paul

That’s 3 guys in your starting 5 who can’t get there own shot and a guy who will be 38 come playoffs.

Say what you want about Ayton you can throw it to him and he can score. You flat out can’t do that with Capela or Turner

This team needs a legit offensive weapon. Booker has proven he can’t deal with being doubled he needs a guy to play off of and Paul can’t be that guy anymore he’s just to old.

If I’m trading Ayton it’s for a legit offensive big or wing

The Suns are better off signing Ayton and trading him later if it doesn't work out but in reality this decision may have already been made.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It didn't seem like Monty wanted to play Jalen Smith either.

Dude I’m so over Monty. The Ayton thing, Not playing STIX, not playing Holiday. The lack of adjustments, the finger pointing

But yet trying to jam Shamet and Abdel Nadar down our throats was ridiculous

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude I’m so over Monty. The Ayton thing, Not playing STIX, not playing Holiday. The lack of adjustments, the finger pointing

But yet trying to jam Shamet and Abdel Nadar down our throats was ridiculous

Effectively quitting at the end of the season so we went into the playoffs in a lull

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose