The Ayton Plan

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaren Jackson Jr. signed an extension for 4 years/ $105 million. It's hard to believe the Suns wouldn't offer Ayton that.

If they didn't and paid Bridges 4 years/ $90 million there must be more.
Is it though? Based on what? Our stellar track record under Sarver?

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank god for the Cardinals.

who the hell would have expected that after last year's finals run and the last atrocious five years over in Glendale.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it though? Based on what? Our stellar track record under Sarver?

Sarver committed to potentially paying a lot of money this off season. Why not on Ayton?

Paul $120 million, Payne $19 million, Shamet $43 million, Bridges $90 million, McGee $5 million.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm also sorry to say this, but Bridges is the Hedo Turkoglu of the pupu platter along with Shamet and whatever MLE guy they sign next year.

we just shelled out 133 million bucks to two role players... and told Ayton, the only young with superstar potential that we also saw PLAY OUT in the playoffs to kick rocks.

and yes, Bridges is a role player guys. a GREAT role player, but a role player nonetheless.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver committed to potentially paying a lot of money this off season. Why not on Ayton?

Paul $120 million, Payne $19 million, Shamet $43 million, Bridges $90 million, McGee $5 million.

you know that 120 million is a lie. Payne came back at a shocking discount and Shamet/Bridges is a way to say "hey look! we spend money... when it's not huge money and has almpst zero risk." Don't get me started on McGee. That's a good signing but we still have almost half of the MLE sitting there that's going to waste... in a year where we are going for a damn title.

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score
ESPN analyst and former NBA center Kendrick Perkins made the point on NBA Today that everyone needs to be focused to go on a title run.

“The man deserves his dollars.”

I believe Kendrick Perkins. He has never lead me wrong in his analysis.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN analyst and former NBA center Kendrick Perkins made the point on NBA Today that everyone needs to be focused to go on a title run.

“The man deserves his dollars.”

I believe Kendrick Perkins. He has never lead me wrong in his analysis.
Title run? Yes. But DA waltzed through his first 3 years and was suspended for PEDS for 25 games. He never looked like a max player until the playoffs and then he reverted to his old self in the final games 2-6. Yes, these guys all say he deserves his dollars but they are not paying him. DA has stated from the beginning he was playing for his second contract. But he didn't. He didn't look like a max player and he did not play like one. Sure, let's pay him the max and watch him revert to his old self. I hope I am wrong and we pay him the max and he lives up to it. But he has shown no history of doing this. Thus the doubt.

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score
Title run? Yes. But DA waltzed through his first 3 years and was suspended for PEDS for 25 games. He never looked like a max player until the playoffs and then he reverted to his old self in the final games 2-6. Yes, these guys all say he deserves his dollars but they are not paying him. DA has stated from the beginning he was playing for his second contract. But he didn't. He didn't look like a max player and he did not play like one. Sure, let's pay him the max and watch him revert to his old self. I hope I am wrong and we pay him the max and he lives up to it. But he has shown no history of doing this. Thus the doubt.
Say he plays well the next season. What erases the doubt he may regress when he gets the contract? This prove it thing is a smoke screen for, we aren't going to pay him.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say he plays well the next season. What erases the doubt he may regress when he gets the contract? This prove it thing is a smoke screen for, we aren't going to pay him.

I hate to agree with this, but I'm leaning that way as well. when do "prove it" deals ever work out well for a team shoving that in a young player's face? You'll probably say well, it doesn't happen that often. and you'd be right... especially on an ascending team bursting with a perfect blend of young and old talent that not only sets them up for a run RIGHT NOW, but as the young talent totally matures (let's remember we're talking about Booker 24, Bridges 25 and Ayton, 23) they form their own nucleus for a continued run of success.

Bufalay

Reaction score
Sarver deserves the worst possible outcome. This summer the Suns will sign-and-trade Ayton to the lakers for Horton-Tucker and a 2028 pick.

Then I can go back to ignoring the playoffs for a decade as Ayton wins 3 championships in LA.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sarver deserves the worst possible outcome. This summer the Suns will sign-and-trade Ayton to the lakers for Horton-Tucker and a 2028 pick.

Then I can go back to ignoring the playoffs for a decade as Ayton wins 3 championships in LA.

Sarver deserves negative repercussions but I won't root for those through the Suns. I hope he's audited by the IRS and they find some dirty money so he's forced to sell but still faces jail time. Or maybe Ayton decides to bag Sarver's wife which causes his marriage to implode which leads to a divorce that forces Sarver to sell as part of the settlement. Bottomline, I don't wish ill on the Suns to get to Sarver. There are ways he can suffer without the team and it's fans suffering.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It casts a sense of melancholy over the season.

I'm not looking forward to delving into this topic almost every game.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver deserves negative repercussions but I won't root for those through the Suns. I hope he's audited by the IRS and they find some dirty money so he's forced to sell but still faces jail time. Or maybe Ayton decides to bag Sarver's wife which causes his marriage to implode which leads to a divorce that forces Sarver to sell as part of the settlement. Bottomline, I don't wish ill on the Suns to get to Sarver. There are ways he can suffer without the team and it's fans suffering.
Lol. It sucks that we’re back in the place.