The Ayton Plan

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns have asked some of the same questions (in bold) and came to a different answer.
That's possible but the Suns better understand how the rest of the league views those answers as well. If not, it could haunt us for the rest of his career.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No deal on Ayton. Talks have ended.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns have asked some of the same questions (in bold) and came to a different answer.

If they did, they should have traded him earlier in the offseason before the impasse became public and they lost all of their leverage.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an incredibly important point that continues to be misconstrued. Ayton will only be making crazy money if he's earning it - that's how it's supposed to work!

Somewhere here I put up erroneous information, I mistakenly believed he could qualify for the rookie super max if he made one of the all defense teams. Apparently he has to make 1st, 2nd or 3rd team ALL NBA which I would presume is slightly more difficult than 2nd team all NBA defense.

Even still though, should he qualify during this upcoming season, it could cost the franchise an additional 35 million per season for the life of his deal (in addition to his roughly 35 million a year contract). I'm not sure why so many don't find that at least a little bit troubling?

1Sun

Banned
Reaction score
Somewhere here I put up erroneous information, I mistakenly believed he could qualify for the rookie super max if he made one of the all defense teams. Apparently he has to make 1st, 2nd or 3rd team ALL NBA which I would presume is slightly more difficult than 2nd team all NBA defense.

Even still though, should he qualify during this upcoming season, it could cost the franchise an additional 35 million per season for the life of his deal (in addition to his roughly 35 million a year contract). I'm not sure why so many don't find that at least a little bit troubling?

Because that's the going price for an All-NBA player, and you need to have at least one, if not two, of those to have a chance at a championship.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
NOW does everyone on this board realize that the problem was Sarver's unwillingness to offer the Max?
Well obviously… If he had been willing to offer the max, then it would of been signed. The fact that it wasn’t signed, means he wasn’t offered the max

1Sun

Banned
Reaction score
Well obviously… If he had been willing to offer the max, then it would of been signed. The fact that it wasn’t signed, means he wasn’t offered the max

And yet there were those on this board who insisted he WAS offered the Max, but that the issue was the option year or the incentives. Sarver didn't even offer the $172 million.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Well
And yet there were those on this board who insisted he WAS offered the Max, but that the issue was the option year or the incentives. Sarver didn't even offer the $172 million.
Well an option year or incentives isn’t the max is it. The literal definition of ‘Max’ means as high as it can go.

cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

because that's just the way the NBA is. I find it troubling that a guy we... forget it. this is pointless.

this isn't just a bad look for the team. This could lead to a trade one day being forced from a very disgruntled player. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention to the NBA.

DJ Tabooh

All Star
Reaction score
Because that's the going price for an All-NBA player, and you need to have at least one, if not two, of those to have a chance at a championship.
agree. I would hate if we only had 2-3 years with our core group and fade back to oblivion. I know CP3 doesn’t have much time left to hoop relatively but man Book is only 24!!!! I think he’s already a top 3 SG in the league and he has a chance to continue to elevate his game. Bridges is up but this is and will always be a game about size and having a quality big is so hard to find nowadays. This will be a test for the culture of this team. Here’s a question that only DA can answer: Can you be committed to the process of what you’re doing without being emotionally attached to the results?” In this case, playing your tail off on both ends of the floor regardless of the contract…

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
because that's just the way the NBA is. I find it troubling that a guy we... forget it. this is pointless.

this isn't just a bad look for the team. This could lead to a trade one day being forced from a very disgruntled player. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention to the NBA.

The entire nba world is going to laugh at us today

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseyslayer