The Ayton Plan

outcent13

All Star
Reaction score
At the end of the day this front office has in three years taken this team from a perennial loser —- to cute bubble story—to finals —-to best record in nba.

I’m gonna trust James Jones will do something to improve this team before next season and not worry about the **** he could have done.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see a clear pursuer of Ayton after the draft. Both Detroit and Charlotte got bigs. Maybe Atlanta or San Antonio?

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score
I don't see a clear pursuer of Ayton after the draft. Both Detroit and Charlotte got bigs. Maybe Atlanta or San Antonio?
Still people insisting Detroit going for Ayton. I am thinking like you, they now have younger guys to build around. However, Ayton has 4 years of playing time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones insists Deandre Ayton is a huge part of the team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score

Wouldn't it be awesome if we sign Ayton to a max and then trade crappy expiring contracts for Collins or another good player?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Ayton was going to get traded it would have been before or during draft. Not sure if teams rumored to have interest in Ayton picked the players Jones was interested in draft. The only guys I could see involved in a DET trade would be Stewart, Olynk, Bagley & Ivey but I would rather just keep Ayton.

Proximo

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I must say I am quite surprised to see him respond to that question the way he did - he did not have to respond that way.

Makes me think the Suns actually do want to keep DA. But if he has his mind already made up, that may not matter.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Ayton was going to get traded it would have been before or during draft. Not sure if teams rumored to have interest in Ayton picked the players Jones was interested in draft. The only guys I could see involved in a DET trade would be Stewart, Olynk, Bagley & Ivey but I would rather just keep Ayton.

Ayton could not be dealt before or during the draft. He's restricted. He can't be dealt to a team he doesn't want to sign with and he can't agree to sign with anyone until free agency starts on July 1st.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ayton is a RFA so it couldn't happen before or during the draft but I'm with you, I want to keep him.

Restricted free agents can be contacted by teams during the moratorium starting July 1st and ending July 6th.

If a team signs Ayton to an offer sheet the Suns have two more days to match through July 8th.

Hopefully the Suns make Ayton a better offer than other teams and he foregoes the offer sheet route.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseyslayer