The Athletic Rips Apart Coyotes

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://theathletic.com/news/arizona-coyotes-toxic-workplace-financial-woes/mIm32HbRnboJ

An Athletic investigation into the Arizona Coyotes organization under new owner Alex Meruelo has revealed claims of a “toxic” work environment and financial troubles that far exceed what has previously been disclosed.

In interviews with more than 50 people, including with current and former employees as well as those who have business relationships with the club, The Athletic's Katie Strang uncovered a wide range of issues that have surfaced since Meruelo took control of the team 18 months ago.

So this is just an absolute mess.

Players, employees, and vendors not being paid
Slashing payroll
Nickel and dime financials
Destroyed Valley partnerships
Sexual harrassment
Missed arena payments

Meruelo appears to be the beyond toxic as an owner.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely something to keep an eye on. I'm a little hesitant to buy in fully after the history of this franchise and clickbait articles that tend to to cater to a receptive Canadian audience that revels in anything negative reported about the franchise.

I hope we get some follow up. I would love to know what it's like to never worry about the ownership of a team I enjoy watching play.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely something to keep an eye on. I'm a little hesitant to buy in fully after the history of this franchise and clickbait articles that tend to to cater to a receptive Canadian audience that revels in anything negative reported about the franchise.

I hope we get some follow up. I would love to know what it's like to never worry about the ownership of a team I enjoy watching play.

The Athletic is anything but clickbait. It's basically where all major sports news is. The list of journalists on there is outstanding. They are trying to be the anti-barstool sports

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Athletic is anything but clickbait. It's basically where all major sports news is. The list of journalists on there is outstanding. They are trying to be the anti-barstool sports

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bickley says he is aware of these incidents and none of this is surprising.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bickley says he is aware of these incidents and none of this is surprising.

If we can get some people on the record, I'm sure the NHL will have no choice but to address the issues. Hopefully right around playoff time, if past history is any indicator.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not surprised who it is reporting this. These type of stories are her expertise. I stopped following her because this all she writes about.

It ain't click bait its Katie strange taking you down the rabbit hole. Its up to you how far willing to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr