The Arsenal FC thread

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right off the bat, Samir Nasri out for a month.

Its gonna be a long season for the Gunners. Especially if they don't get a goalkeeper.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No need for this thread. The Sunderland monster thread is the only team thread needed.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You kidding? We might need somewhere to log all their injuries ALONE.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Fulham have asked for Arsenal striker Carlos Vela plus cash from the Gunners in exchange for Mark Schwarzer.

The two London clubs have reached deadlock in their negotiations because Arsenal are unwilling to match Fulham’s £4 million valuation of the 37-year-old goalkeeper.

Arsenal had a £2m bid rejected for Schwarzer in May and have not made a further offer, although it is understood that the two clubs are still in talks.

:)

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
EFRAIN JUAREZ is being tracked by Arsenal just FOUR GAMES into his Celtic career.

SunSport can reveal Gunners boss Arsene Wenger was impressed by Juarez in the Emirates Cup.

And he has asked the midfielder's pal and Gunners striker Carlos Vela about the £2million Celt who is fast becoming a fans favourite.

Vela has spoken highly of Juarez who has netted in each of the Hoops' home Euro ties this season against Braga and Utrecht.

Now Wenger is going to monitor the Mexican ace - signed in July from UNAM Pumas - ahead of a January window swoop.

Juarez, 22, starred for Mexico at the World Cup and was linked with Premiership clubs before joining Celtic.

Juarez would be a phenomenal signing for Arsenal. Fast, physical, and still very young

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Carlos Vela starting for Arsenal vs Tottenham in Carling Cup action.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Carlos Vela starting for Arsenal vs Tottenham in Carling Cup action.

Arsenal won, but Vela didn't do anything.

And to make matters worse, Vela and Juarez have been suspended from the Mexican National Team for 6 months for violating the code of conduct. 11 other players were fined.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol i think its hilarious that they were fined for having a party.

The "hiring of prostitutes" is nothing but siht to sell papers.
"If there is a fine to pay, I will accept it. I offer a personal apology, but the papers say we hired 15 prostitutes including a transvestite - and that did not happen. We had a few drinks, but that is as far as it went."

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He is from Barcelona and has an attraction to where he grew up," Wenger told the club's AGM on Thursday. "At the end of the day, I believe he wants to win with this club.

"For how long I don't know, but hopefully for many, many years. I'm not pessimistic. I'm confident we will keep him for a few more years.

"It is a natural case of a player who loves this club - and he loves Arsenal deeply, believe me. If he did not love this club, he would have gone."

I think he'll end up leaving as soon as next year. Arsenal isn't winning any trophies.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thomas Vermaelen's recovery from a problematic ankle injury has been delayed by a setback in training and manager Arsene Wenger admits he is unable to put a timescale on the defender's recovery.
Vermaelen has been missing for two months due to his ongoing fitness problems but Wenger said last week the Belgian defender could be available for first-team selection in a matter of days.

That optimism has proven ill-founded though as Vermaelen suffered a setback in training on Monday and will now need to undergo further examination before the club know when he is likely to be available once again.

"I don't know where we go with Thomas time-wise but, at the moment, he cannot play," Wenger said. "On the scan, his Achilles is completely clear but as soon as he stays out for a while, it tightens up and he has pain. We don't know the source of his pain."

Boo

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Unforunately that isn't surprising. Arsenal either have the worst luck or their training staff is just that bad because every injury takes 2-3 times longer to recover than it supposed to.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Unfortunately that isn't much of a feat as of late

The Blues are falling apart .... apparently malaria must be contagious in a locker room..............

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
True, but Arsenal hasn't beaten Chelsea since 2008, so any win against the Blues is a good win. And it puts them in 2nd place over Man City on goal differential. 35 points to ManU's 37 now. And to top it off, other than Man City on Jan. 5th, Arsenal play Wigan twice, West Ham and Birmingham over the next 5 games. All winnable games, IMO. We just need ManU to slip up even just once and we are in the driver's seat!

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't care if Chelsea hadn't won for the whole season. They are a bogey team for Arsenal and this was a HUGE win for them. They could/should have had another 2 or 3 goals.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
True, but Arsenal hasn't beaten Chelsea since 2008, so any win against the Blues is a good win. And it puts them in 2nd place over Man City on goal differential. 35 points to ManU's 37 now. And to top it off, other than Man City on Jan. 5th, Arsenal play Wigan twice, West Ham and Birmingham over the next 5 games. All winnable games, IMO. We just need ManU to slip up even just once and we are in the driver's seat!

Plus Arsenal have a game in hand over Man City. Of course ManU have a game in hand over Arsenal so we need them to slip up a couple of times.

It was a massive win psychologically because of all the "can't win the big game" criticisms.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
definitely an important win for arsenal and a big factor in the recent sucess of chelsea has been how dominant they've been over the other top teams in the premiership ...... obviously the tables have been turning a little as of late

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Arsene Wenger admits Samir Nasri is now a major doubt for their Champions League clash against Barcelona after his gamble "backfired'' when the influential midfielder picked up a hamstring injury in the 2-1 FA Cup fourth round win over League One Huddersfield at Emirates Stadium.

Damn, I wanted Arsenal to win. Highly doubtful that they do now : /

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Damn, I wanted Arsenal to win. Highly doubtful that they do now : /

They weren't going to even if they did have Samir Nasri. I love Arsenal (and Nasri is my fave player on the team now), but Barcelona is in a different stratosphere than every other team in the world. Yes, even ManU and Real Madrid. And Borussia Dortmund, who's running away with the Bundesliga.

Barcelona has to be the favorites right now to win the whole competition.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hey Chap, Man U. lost to Wolves!!! That helps you guys out at least, after today. I'd much rather have Arsenal win the title than Man U.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hey Chap, Man U. lost to Wolves!!! That helps you guys out at least, after today. I'd much rather have Arsenal win the title than Man U.

We agree on that much. :D

Yeah, with the setback in Newcastle, the best possible thing could happen is for ManU to lose. I'm actually pretty amazed that it actually happened. And against Wolves of all teams!