The Amazing Race 12

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Brian in Mesa, Nov 1, 2007.

1. outoftheashes

outoftheashes Registered

Not to mention that you arent supposed to swim or get it excessively dirty during the healing period to prevent infection. I wonder if they considered that for upcoming challenges.

2. offset

offset i have a special purpose

that is probably why they made it a non-elimination so if they backed out they wouldn't be completely screwed.

3. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

I see that - the producers LIED to us...they had announced there would be no non-elimination legs xbangx

Should have been last week!!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  4. Joe Mama

Joe Mama Moderator Contributor

The freaks blew it. They U-turned the wrong team. Had they just U-turned the fighting couple they would have easily survived that leg of the race. I can't believe they actually ended up being one of my favorite teams. Now I just have to hope that the hippies win it.

Joe Mama

5. Angel

Angel Registered

Agreed, there I was talking to my TV again, giving it the old Nate&Jen-Nate&Jen chant but I guess my inner Goth wasn't working. I would have freaking loved to see them have to do both detours, Jen's head would have imploded. :) Makes for good reality.

I'll be cheering the hippies on full force now, though my assistance didn't really help Kynt & Vixen. TK & Rachel have been one of my faves from the beginning for one of the newer relationships on the race they make a great team. I like Gramps, but Sonny gives me a headache, Daughter is cool and Daddy is OK at times but still has his moments.

It will bug me if the Beasties win, they display almost zero teamwork. But if they do---more power to them, they will have triumphed over running the most relationship negative race while having the least amount of fun.

I guess a million can make up for a lot.

6. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I guess there's no mechanism for them to know who has already been through and passed on the U turn? Very weird you could tell Vyxsin wanted to use it on the correct couple but Kynt persuaded her to use it on the bigger threat, who was already past it.

Really tough know, don't want the arguing couple to get it, and I really don't want the dad who's so hard on his daughter. Then I don't want the tall kid that makes his grandfather do all the hard ones. So I guess by default I want the hippies.

7. Scott MS

Scott MS Registered

I like the kid and his grandfather.

The hippies are alright, but they make too many mistakes and are lucky to still be in it (forgetting the clue, can't find the "Vinci" marking, etc.). I saw in the previews for next week, they "go their own way", whatever that means.

8. MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease Moderator Contributor

Well at least they kept the one team that everyone hates. That should keep it interesting.

9. Scott MS

Scott MS Registered

The thing I really don't like about The Amazing Race is that the producers insist on putting in "catch up points" in every leg. I would like to see a leg run start to finish without any of these places that open at 6:00 a.m. where everybody catches up.

Or at least, put one at the beginning of the stage (like the airport in Italy) but remove the one after the flight (the news stand in India that opened at 6:00 a.m.) The Hippies really screwed up selecting the much later flight to Bombay, but it turned out the newpaper stand didn't open until 6:00 a.m., allowing everybody to catch up again!!

10. Dback Jon

I agree - you don't want a team to get days ahead, like in season 1, but it sucks for Grandpa/Grandson that their hours lead was wiped out right away.

11. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

I'm glad it was a non-elimination round but they have a lot of time to catch up on & a UTurn.

TK & Rachel are my favorite team by a mile.

12. Angel

Angel Registered

As mentioned above they should be able to make the 3 hours up waiting in another airport or for some small obscure shop or amusement to open.

If they take their speed bump the way K&V did, it was not the reason they fell behind, Rachel and TK should be able to get back in it, especially if either Jen or Daddy has a meltdown while on the next leg.

Did I remember Phil saying that there are 3 non-eliminations? I have only counted two so far, but we are definitely out of U-turns and Fast Forwards.

13. Dback Jon

This should have been the last NEL.

14. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Are you srue its only 3 hours? I was under the impression it was much more than that. 3 hours is nothing to make up if thats the case.

15. Angel

Angel Registered

Seemed like it to me too but that is what Phil said when they reached the mat, that they were a full three hours behind the team before them. Not sure about the time between them and Christina and Daddy but you only have to not be last on the next leg.