The Amazing Race 12

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Without giving away tonights show...I hate when a team I really like gets eliminated and teams I can't stand stick around--the father/daughter, goths and whiney couple need to go.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucks that A/H got eliminated - they were my favorite team.

Once you get beyond their looks, the Goth couple is actually likeable.

Turning into a meh season...

I know they are not doing any non-eliminations, but I think that was a mistake not to do so.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I actually like the goths and the hippie free lovin couple

Next weeks episode looks so funny with the goths fighting though :lol:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know they are not doing any non-eliminations, but I think that was a mistake not to do so.

No non elims this season? I hadn't heard that or if I did I forgot it. He is still saying last team to arrive MAY be eliminated so I just assumed they were still going to have non elims. Does seem late in the season to not have used one though.

The bad thing last night is it was the ticket person giving them business class tix at first that got them eliminated, they had to get other tix and got delayed as a result.

I so want Jen and that guy gone, I'm so tired of them.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was happy that team was kind of annoying and he was a jerk even to his own sister. They got what they deserved. Nate and Jen wow, its funny that she thinks everything thats wrong with their relationship is his fault, from watching she seems freakin bi-polar or something. She definately has some issues, he should just get rid of her and find a normal girl geesh. What is up with the grandson who freakin has gramps do almost every challenge and sits their and tells him your going slow speed it up, hey jackass hes 70 why don't you try doing a challenge or two idiot! Don't like the goths just weird people, father daughter is alright. Just bad casting I think I guess I am rooting for the hippie guy and his girl at this point, although nate and jen would be funny with them fighting the whole race.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be three continuation episodes - ie. get to the mat, Phil tells you the leg is not over...

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Where can I watch last night's episode? I'm up to last week when the lesbians got eliminated.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I actually find myself liking the Goths. I know I didn't care for them much in high school, and when the show started I couldn't wait to get them out of there. Now I think they are my second favorite remaining group behind the hippies.

That blonde is really something else. I mean her boyfriend is kind of a jerk also, but she definitely has issues. I thought she was going to go Mr. Ripley on him in the boat.

Joe Mama

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

There are 2 non-eliminations.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm glad that the non-elimination round showed up in time to save my new friends the Goths. Intereseting new "speed bump" twist, could be better than taking their stuff or money away and forcing us to watch a team beg for cash/supplies.

Have we been to Italy before, I can't remember, what a pretty country. Freaky FF though, a permanent tatoo? It was bad enough when they shaved their heads but to have FF tatooed on you arm? I don't know.

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
Freaky FF though, a permanent tatoo? It was bad enough when they shaved their heads but to have FF tatooed on you arm? I don't know.

Not to mention that you arent supposed to swim or get it excessively dirty during the healing period to prevent infection. I wonder if they considered that for upcoming challenges.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Have we been to Italy before, I can't remember, what a pretty country. Freaky FF though, a permanent tatoo? It was bad enough when they shaved their heads but to have FF tatooed on you arm? I don't know.

that is probably why they made it a non-elimination so if they backed out they wouldn't be completely screwed.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 2 non-eliminations.

I see that - the producers LIED to us...they had announced there would be no non-elimination legs xbangx

Should have been last week!!

Last edited:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The freaks blew it. They U-turned the wrong team. Had they just U-turned the fighting couple they would have easily survived that leg of the race. I can't believe they actually ended up being one of my favorite teams. Now I just have to hope that the hippies win it.

Joe Mama

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
The freaks blew it. They U-turned the wrong team. Had they just U-turned the fighting couple they would have easily survived that leg of the race. I can't believe they actually ended up being one of my favorite teams. Now I just have to hope that the hippies win it.
Joe Mama

Agreed, there I was talking to my TV again, giving it the old Nate&Jen-Nate&Jen chant but I guess my inner Goth wasn't working. I would have freaking loved to see them have to do both detours, Jen's head would have imploded. :) Makes for good reality.

I'll be cheering the hippies on full force now, though my assistance didn't really help Kynt & Vixen. TK & Rachel have been one of my faves from the beginning for one of the newer relationships on the race they make a great team. I like Gramps, but Sonny gives me a headache, Daughter is cool and Daddy is OK at times but still has his moments.

It will bug me if the Beasties win, they display almost zero teamwork. But if they do---more power to them, they will have triumphed over running the most relationship negative race while having the least amount of fun.

I guess a million can make up for a lot.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess there's no mechanism for them to know who has already been through and passed on the U turn? Very weird you could tell Vyxsin wanted to use it on the correct couple but Kynt persuaded her to use it on the bigger threat, who was already past it.

Really tough know, don't want the arguing couple to get it, and I really don't want the dad who's so hard on his daughter. Then I don't want the tall kid that makes his grandfather do all the hard ones. So I guess by default I want the hippies.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I like the kid and his grandfather.

The hippies are alright, but they make too many mistakes and are lucky to still be in it (forgetting the clue, can't find the "Vinci" marking, etc.). I saw in the previews for next week, they "go their own way", whatever that means.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well at least they kept the one team that everyone hates. That should keep it interesting.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
The thing I really don't like about The Amazing Race is that the producers insist on putting in "catch up points" in every leg. I would like to see a leg run start to finish without any of these places that open at 6:00 a.m. where everybody catches up.

Or at least, put one at the beginning of the stage (like the airport in Italy) but remove the one after the flight (the news stand in India that opened at 6:00 a.m.) The Hippies really screwed up selecting the much later flight to Bombay, but it turned out the newpaper stand didn't open until 6:00 a.m., allowing everybody to catch up again!!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing I really don't like about The Amazing Race is that the producers insist on putting in "catch up points" in every leg. I would like to see a leg run start to finish without any of these places that open at 6:00 a.m. where everybody catches up.

Or at least, put one at the beginning of the stage (like the airport in Italy) but remove the one after the flight (the news stand in India that opened at 6:00 a.m.) The Hippies really screwed up selecting the much later flight to Bombay, but it turned out the newpaper stand didn't open until 6:00 a.m., allowing everybody to catch up again!!

I agree - you don't want a team to get days ahead, like in season 1, but it sucks for Grandpa/Grandson that their hours lead was wiped out right away.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'm glad it was a non-elimination round but they have a lot of time to catch up on & a UTurn.

TK & Rachel are my favorite team by a mile.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad it was a non-elimination round but they have a lot of time to catch up on & a UTurn.

TK & Rachel are my favorite team by a mile.

As mentioned above they should be able to make the 3 hours up waiting in another airport or for some small obscure shop or amusement to open.

If they take their speed bump the way K&V did, it was not the reason they fell behind, Rachel and TK should be able to get back in it, especially if either Jen or Daddy has a meltdown while on the next leg.

Did I remember Phil saying that there are 3 non-eliminations? I have only counted two so far, but we are definitely out of U-turns and Fast Forwards.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above they should be able to make the 3 hours up waiting in another airport or for some small obscure shop or amusement to open.

If they take their speed bump the way K&V did, it was not the reason they fell behind, Rachel and TK should be able to get back in it, especially if either Jen or Daddy has a meltdown while on the next leg.

Did I remember Phil saying that there are 3 non-eliminations? I have only counted two so far, but we are definitely out of U-turns and Fast Forwards.

This should have been the last NEL.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Are you srue its only 3 hours? I was under the impression it was much more than that. 3 hours is nothing to make up if thats the case.

Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Are you srue its only 3 hours? I was under the impression it was much more than that. 3 hours is nothing to make up if thats the case.

Seemed like it to me too but that is what Phil said when they reached the mat, that they were a full three hours behind the team before them. Not sure about the time between them and Christina and Daddy but you only have to not be last on the next leg.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose