The 2nd TD by their TE

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't figure out how they got away with a pick play on that after they took ours away on the pick by Kirk. Then I carefully watched the replay and figured it out, they didn't get away with a pick, we just have a LB in Reddick who has zero feel for the game. Did people notice that play he's right there with the TE coming across his face and nobody to his left. I'm no defensive coordinator but I gotta believe in that design that means the TE is HIS. He just lets the guy run by him, looks to his right, looks to his left and his head sort of drops in a "oh crap" moment and then he turns to run as the QB hits the wide open TE for a TD.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I couldn't figure out how they got away with a pick play on that after they took ours away on the pick by Kirk. Then I carefully watched the replay and figured it out, they didn't get away with a pick, we just have a LB in Reddick who has zero feel for the game. Did people notice that play he's right there with the TE coming across his face and nobody to his left. I'm no defensive coordinator but I gotta believe in that design that means the TE is HIS. He just lets the guy run by him, looks to his right, looks to his left and his head sort of drops in a "oh crap" moment and then he turns to run as the QB hits the wide open TE for a TD.

#MillerKeim

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
At this point it is becoming very difficult for even the homerest of homers to defend Reddick. We can't even point to potential. His instincts are just terrible and I don't think that can be coached up.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Unfortunate first round bust . . 13th pick over all. Dear Lord . .

in a loaded draft

its one thing to miss on Jonathan Cooper -- where like 3/4 of the picks in the 1st round after him didn't really work either

but in the Reddick draft, about 3/4 of the picks after him worked out really well

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
in a loaded draft

its one thing to miss on Jonathan Cooper -- where like 3/4 of the picks in the 1st round after him didn't really work either

but in the Reddick draft, about 3/4 of the picks after him worked out really well
Loved the Cooper pick at the time. Who knew he was a head case? Reddick pick was fallback after Mahomes was snatched in front of us. I wanted
the CB White who went to Buffalo.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Loved the Cooper pick at the time. Who knew he was a head case?

the wild card: you never know how a player reacts to his first serious injury. Seemed like it sucked the life out of Cooper

hope that isnt DJs fate

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He was a horrible pick but the brain trust thought they were coming away with a QB. I wanted Reuben Foster so I shouldn’t talk.

I think he does have a little bit of value given his age/salary. Definitely a sell low scenario we’ll likely see.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was a horrible pick but the brain trust thought they were coming away with a QB. I wanted Reuben Foster so I shouldn’t talk.

I think he does have a little bit of value given his age/salary. Definitely a sell low scenario we’ll likely see.
He sucks but a 7 rounder u can get from him

For DJ we should add a second rounder to trade him

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It seems to me the only thing Reddick would be good at in the future is to be a pure situational pass rusher. Doesn’t have to think, cover, or have any responsibilities. Just go get the QB. I don’t know when his contract expires but that is the only way I bring him back and his contract reflects it.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems to me the only thing Reddick would be good at in the future is to be a pure situational pass rusher. Doesn’t have to think, cover, or have any responsibilities. Just go get the QB. I don’t know when his contract expires but that is the only way I bring him back and his contract reflects it.
....but we signed suggs for that role instead.. gotta love our current brain trust. Lol. I would put money down that if we threw Reddick into suggs spot this year, he would have significantly more impact than suggs on the edge. But that's jmo.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suggs needs to retire. Reddick can fill his spot and just be a pass rush guy. You can’t simplify it more than that for Reddick.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suggs needs to retire. Reddick can fill his spot and just be a pass rush guy. You can’t simplify it more than that for Reddick.

It never is that simple. You have outside contain responsibilities...even coverage responsibilities.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It never is that simple. You have outside contain responsibilities...even coverage

Reddick cannot be trusted to have more than one specific task to do. When he has to read and react he is completely lost. Take all the thinking out of it and just rush the QB in specific situations. Anything else to me he is a liability.