The 2022 Phoenix Mercury Regular season thread

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tina Charles is no longer on the team. She and the team agreed to a “contract divorce.” What a crap show this season has been.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tina Charles is no longer on the team. She and the team agreed to a “contract divorce.” What a crap show this season has been.

There must be something going on with the team I know nothing about.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score

Im not super familiar with the ins and outs of the WNBA, but why just terminate the contract without trading her and bringing something of value back. What am I missing?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not super familiar with the ins and outs of the WNBA, but why just terminate the contract without trading her and bringing something of value back. What am I missing?
I’m not that knowledgeable on the subject, unfortunately, and would love to know the answer, too. I’m guessing if they could have gotten something for her they would have. I do know she was on a one year deal so maybe no one wanted to trade picks or players for only 15-20 games left

F Tina Charles.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This season was SO hopeful with the off season signings. Then Griner got arrested, now Tina Charles bails. I think we don't even make the playoffs the way this is spiraling. I had grown tired of our old coach not being more demanding of the players or at least change up the old stale system. It seems teams are just beating us with youth and athleticism. Most teams quicker and more athletic than us. Our skill players can't seem to offset that.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This season was SO hopeful with the off season signings. Then Griner got arrested, now Tina Charles bails. I think we don't even make the playoffs the way this is spiraling. I had grown tired of our old coach not being more demanding of the players or at least change up the old stale system. It seems teams are just beating us with youth and athleticism. Most teams quicker and more athletic than us. Our skill players can't seem to offset that.
The new coach isn't the fresh start I thought she would be. It looks like the same product out there as last year....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose