The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering how bad Klay was I'll take the lead but as poorly as Dallas shot 3's we should be way more ahead

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can sure see how much more comfortable the Warriors are going to the rim against Dallas than they were against memphis with those shot blockers

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that he jumped in but that foul on Finney Smith was ridiculous.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Curry truly is an all time Hall of Fame great basketball player. But he is also one of the most careless too. It's crazy sometimes… he does things like a rookie… it's so annoying

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Luka shot 33% and had 7 turnovers with Dallas shooting 23% from 3

like i said, i don't see any reason why a good defensive team can't do both -- contain Luka and the 3pt line!

i hope GS pounces them this series, and gets pounced in the Finals

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course Dallas comes out flaccid
Apparently ,Dallas doesn’t play good basketball unless they’re down 0-2 in a series.

Well, their strategy of "double team the ball handler and leave everyone else open and dare them to shoot" won't work against Golden State.

The Suns passed up open threes on virtually every other possession.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, their strategy of "double team the ball handler and leave everyone else open and dare them to shoot" won't work against Golden State.

The Suns passed up open threes on virtually every other possession.
The Warriors also have so many ball handlers that can actually attack the bucket as opposed to our 1 after Game 2. Draymond, Steph, Poole, Wiggins can all attack and make plays for themselves and others.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Pretty sure there's a significant coaching difference between GS and us. They have a coach who knows how to adjust for post-season basketball... and we don't.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty sure there's a significant coaching difference between GS and us. They have a coach who knows how to adjust for post-season basketball... and we don't.

I am not sure what the coach is supposed to do when the offense is designed to create open looks for guys like Paul, Payne, Cam Johnson, Bridges and Crowder and Crowder becomes the only one willing to shoot the ball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The obvious things to me last night, Warriors attacked Luka on defense early and often, Dallas was -30 with him on the court. The one time they seemed like they were making a run, late 2nd quarter, he was out of the game. Not saying he's not their best player he is but he's got to play better on defense it was a big factor in the game.

Dallas doesn't have even remotely the rim protection Memphis does which is huge against the Warriors. They had 1 block in the entire game, by Sterling Brown in garbage time.

Dallas won't miss that many wide open 3's in every game, Warriors have to get the rotations better.

Stop turning the ball over and make FT's.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not sure what the coach is supposed to do when the offense is designed to create open looks for guys like Paul, Payne, Cam Johnson, Bridges and Crowder and Crowder becomes the only one willing to shoot the ball.

For one, stop leaving guys stagnant in the corner waiting for a pass. Just watching GS last night they have movement from the guys in the corner. We simply ran the same sets over and over and over.

Reaction score
I said only that I will be happy if the Mavericks beat the Borriors. I never meant that I expected them to. But then nobody expected the Mavericks to beat the Suns either.

Also, the bean-counters might not have a favored team in the ECF. The league cares only about who would earn the best ratings in the finals, but whether that's the Celtic mystique or the Heat's glamor (its recent championships and Finals trips, and the general assumption of Miami's attractiveness)...not sure.

Anyone want to speculate on who would win a Warriors-Celtics series? I'm not familiar enough with the Celtics to guess. All I know is that the Celtics play statistically even better defense than the Suns used to. (And they sound tougher than the Suns, but then a d-league team sounds tougher than the Suns right now.)

Whoever is more familiar with the Celtics players than I am, what do you think of Marcus Smart? Would he defend Stephen Curry well?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA