The 2022 NBA Play-In Tournament + Playoffs Thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors don’t seem very serious about closing this game out tonight

It's an excuse but the players didn't want to play tonight. In Kerr's speech before the game he hinted at it, we're going to go out and play a game because that's what we do but I'm sick and tired of this. But apparently Kerr told the NBA he wanted them to postpone the game and they declined.

I would imagine the players are well aware of that.

Mavs playing great shooting the lights out.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post this earlier got distracted by the shooting.

Before the previous game the refs approached Theo Pinson and asked him to change the white shirt he had on because they believed the Mavs were doing it on purpose to distract the Warriors with the Mavs players on the court so much. Pinson agreed to do it but instead, he put a white sweatshirt on over the white tshirt and wore it the entire game. The refs apparently do NOT have authority to order him to change it. Apparently there was no fine after game 3 despite them repeatedly being on the floor.

He's wearing the white sweatshirt again tonight but the Warriors are wearing blue so I'm assuming it's intentional so they have plausible deniability for him doing it during game 3.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I’m going to be hella pissed if they have to return to Dallas.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they're obviously going to lose but you can see why they like Kuminga and Moody so much.

It's remarkable how many times Luka has gone from the 3 point line to the rim for a dunk against the zone.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still would have lost but if Kerr hadn't challenged that obvious charge by Kuminga he could have challenged the foul where Luka grabbed Wiggins arm and suckered the ref into a foul call.

The good news is with Porter out they found out Kuminga and Moody can contribute 17 and 8 for Kuminga , 10 for Moody.

The bad part the starters were absolutely terrible on defense gotta play better than that

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting defensive numbers confirms what it looks like with Klay. To be fair he gets tougher assignments than Curry or Poole does.

Defensive +- per 100 possessions
Klay -14
Poole -4
Looney -2
Green +8
Wiggs +7
OPJ +5
Curry +4
GP +4

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Few takes from Warriors world.

Jordan Poole is a young Lou Williams, needs to play better defense. reggie Miller called him out on that last night.

Kuminga is now 5th all time in points scored in the playoffs by a player before his 20th birthday. Sort of a meaningless stat since lots of guys that age were just not on playoff teams but interesting.

Lot of criticism of Kerr's subbing back in starters last night when the bench had cut the game to 8. 3:23 when Kuminga cut it to 8 the problem is because he subbed in curry for Lee there they got confused on who was where in the zone and that allowed Luka the drive and dunk from the 3 point line that made it 10 again. Kuminga got the charge Kerr took him out brought in Klay and Wiggins(also took out Moody) and then the zone fell apart they gave up open shots or FT's the rest of the game and lost. Still probably lose but would have been interesting to try and go longer. He also said with Luka in he wanted to get Wiggins in, Luka came in up 17 at 7:23, 4 minutes later they'd cut it to 8 so that didn't make sense.

But I can't really fault Kerr not his fault the starters had no energy on defense.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I just think the Warriors did not want to play last night

Combine with the fact that the Mavericks are a good enough team especially at home to make it impossible to sweep them

The NBA screwed up royaly by playing the game last night