The 2021 Arizona Coyotes regular season thread.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alex Kinkopf

@AEKinkopf

·
2m

It's early, it's a small sample, but good nonetheless: Jakob Chychrun is second in scoring among NHL defensemen -- tied with Quinn Hughes (VAN), behind only Jeff Petry (MTL). Chychrun (1G, 4A) is the first Coyotes defenseman to open a season with a four-game point streak.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad Kessel is finally healthy and is making his presence known. I hate LV and just our luck we have them for 4 straight. Not a good way to build momentum. Ugh.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad Kessel is finally healthy and is making his presence known. I hate LV and just our luck we have them for 4 straight. Not a good way to build momentum. Ugh.

It's tough all right but these games have been winnable. Mental lapses compounded by poor execution of simple plays. When we're skating and hounding the puck, the offense comes and gives the defense a much easier time to stay in their proper positions. The wingers need to keep the same energy on both sides of the ice or we'll see more plays like Vegas had early in the first that puts us behind the eight ball.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
José M. Romero

@RomeroJoseM

·
2m

Victor Soderstrom figures to be used on the power play tonight. The young defenseman was working with the top PP unit in morning skate this morning, at the point. "We're trying to get some offense from our D, "Tocchet said. "I want him to have fun with it."

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Soderstrom's debut... not much pressure on him, eh?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alex Kinkopf

@AEKinkopf

·
1m

Victor Söderström will wear #77: "At first, I was going to choose 8, but Schmaltzy has that. Then I was thinking about how many good defensemen have worn 77 … Paul Coffey, Phil Esposito. You know, all of those older guys. I just think it’s a good-looking number."

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex Kinkopf

@AEKinkopf

·
1m

Victor Söderström will wear #77: "At first, I was going to choose 8, but Schmaltzy has that. Then I was thinking about how many good defensemen have worn 77 … Paul Coffey, Phil Esposito. You know, all of those older guys. I just think it’s a good-looking number."

Dig it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave