The 2018 Arizona Cardinals vs. The 2003 Arizona Cardinals

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Oh the high hopes I had for that 2003 squad.

Would the current 2018 squad beat this team ?

I think that our current team would get stomped by this team. And 2003 was a BAD team.

QB: Jeff Blake/Josh McCown

RB: Marcell Shipp/Emmitt Smith

FB: James Hodgins

WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Bryant Johnson

TE: Freddie Jones

LT: LJ Shelton
LG: Cameron Spikes
OC: Pete Kendell
OG: Leonard Davis
RT: Anthony Clement

DT: Marcus Bell
DT: Russell Davis
DE: Dennis Johnson
DE: Calvin Pace

LB: LeVar Fischer
LB: Ronald McKinnon
LB: Raynoch Thompson

CB: Renaldo Hill
CB: David Barret
FS: Dexter Jackson
SS: Adrian Wilson

P: Neil Rackers
P: Scott Player

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Good God, the overreaction here is insane. Only three players on that roster made the Pro Bowl that year or before - and Emmitt Smith & Jeff Blake were well removed from the game. The Cardinals have an elite RB, one of the best WRs to ever play the game, an elite shut-down CB, an elite pass rusher, and more. Even our second best pass rusher recovering from a knee injury is better than anyone on the 2003 roster.

Short of Boldin and Adrian Wilson, there isn't another player on that 2003 roster that would clearly start over our current personnel.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh the high hopes I had for that 2003 squad.

Would the current 2018 squad beat this team ?

I think that our current team would get stomped by this team. And 2003 was a BAD team.

QB: Jeff Blake/Josh McCown

RB: Marcell Shipp/Emmitt Smith

FB: James Hodgins

WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Bryant Johnson

TE: Freddie Jones

LT: LJ Shelton
LG: Cameron Spikes
OC: Pete Kendell
OG: Leonard Davis
RT: Anthony Clement

DT: Marcus Bell
DT: Russell Davis
DE: Dennis Johnson
DE: Calvin Pace

LB: LeVar Fischer
LB: Ronald McKinnon
LB: Raynoch Thompson

CB: Renaldo Hill
CB: David Barret
FS: Dexter Jackson
SS: Adrian Wilson

P: Neil Rackers
P: Scott Player
Add Fitz and we have the NFK 2K5 Cardinals roster.

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Good God, the overreaction here is insane. Only three players on that roster made the Pro Bowl that year or before - and Emmitt Smith & Jeff Blake were well removed from the game. The Cardinals have an elite RB, one of the best WRs to ever play the game, an elite shut-down CB, an elite pass rusher, and more. Even our second best pass rusher recovering from a knee injury is better than anyone on the 2003 roster.

Short of Boldin and Adrian Wilson, there isn't another player on that 2003 roster that would clearly start over our current personnel.

You don't think the 2003 offense would not run all over this current team ?

I agree, when it comes to star power, our current team has some good players, but we are talking this current year, and Fitzgerald and Johnson have not had good years.

As we can see the team around Johnson and Fitzgerald is extremely poor.

But, no doubt, I respect the overreaction claim since the 2003 team was very poor as well.

I only have one more of these in my pocket, and I guarantee most can pick the next season I will bring up. LOL

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You don't think the 2003 offense would not run all over this current team ?

I agree, when it comes to star power, our current team has some good players, but we are talking this current year, and Fitzgerald and Johnson have not had good years.

As we can see the team around Johnson and Fitzgerald is extremely poor.

But, no doubt, I respect the overreaction claim since the 2003 team was very poor as well.

I only have one more of these in my pocket, and I guarantee most can pick the next season I will bring up. LOL
Not at all man. The talent on that team was next to zero. They had the last place offense in the league. They were 28th in rushing yards. David Johnson has as many rushing TDs this season as that team had all year (including QB and WR rushes). Last year, Chandler Jones only had 5 less sacks than the entire 2003 team. Remember, this is a season where Fred Wakefield, an undrafted defensive lineman, was converted to the offense after starting five games. Say all you want about our talent, but no one that's starting this year is going to be shifted to an entirely different side of the ball in January.

Robert Nkemdiche would have been a superstar on that defensive line compared to everyone else.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
2003 O line vs. our current O line? Hmmmm.... Shelton and Clement were pretty bad. Kendell was okay at center, and Spikes was okay at G. What is Big doing at G there? I thought we played him at RT and LT during most of his tenure in AZ?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2003 9
2018 3
Rackers beats us alone
Just to add insult to injury we cross midfield twice cause Wilson and Ronny Mac had the middle and safety area dialed. Tackling machines

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA