The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all have been expecting this. Surprised it took this long.

You go AD. join that bunch. See how you like it.

The thing is as with most LeBron teams, much of the Lakers roster is on 1 year contracts so if Davis does get traded there he only has to worry about some of these clowns for 1 year. I don't know all the contracts but I would think Beasley, McGee and Born Ready are probably all in their one and only year in LA with the Lakers no matter what, if they get Davis that's almost a certainty. I read somewhere, can't remember where, that Davis told the Lakers he doesn't want them to include Zubac in any trade. I imagine that's because Davis doesn't want to get stuck playing C in LA. In a sense he's the C now, Mirotic and Randle are not 5's either, but in LA if they trade Zubac all that's left is Chandler and McGee and it's unlikely either one will be there very long, so him wanting them to keep Zubac makes sense if it's true.

BUt if it's true, I would think it greatly complicates any trade since I imagine NO is going to want Zubac.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The thing is as with most LeBron teams, much of the Lakers roster is on 1 year contracts so if Davis does get traded there he only has to worry about some of these clowns for 1 year. I don't know all the contracts but I would think Beasley, McGee and Born Ready are probably all in their one and only year in LA with the Lakers no matter what, if they get Davis that's almost a certainty. I read somewhere, can't remember where, that Davis told the Lakers he doesn't want them to include Zubac in any trade. I imagine that's because Davis doesn't want to get stuck playing C in LA. In a sense he's the C now, Mirotic and Randle are not 5's either, but in LA if they trade Zubac all that's left is Chandler and McGee and it's unlikely either one will be there very long, so him wanting them to keep Zubac makes sense if it's true.

BUt if it's true, I would think it greatly complicates any trade since I imagine NO is going to want Zubac.
Yeah if I’m NO say “f*** you Davis! You want out, you get to play with whatever’s left after we pillage the lakers roster.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s getting closer but why take back the clown car of Beasley, Stephenson, and rondo unless it’s necessary for salaries.

it's got to be for salaries. they're all on one years and if the Pelicans throw in Hill to get rid of a contract, i'm betting they need those salaries to match up.

that's a HUGE offer for the Pelicans. I think they'd be idiots not to take it. Ingram/Kuzma and cap relief is pretty damn good on it's own, plus upside with Lonzo and picks.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I can’t help but think that Sarver has stories like this as well which will come out some day.
100% Sterling Sarver do have pinching pennies in common, evidently. And micromanaging with no expertise as well.

The Suns with no Scouting staff and adding the job of General Manager onto the duties of two existing employees.

And not springing for an experienced Point Guard to make the rest of the team better.

Cheep cheep! It's for the birds. :)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean you have to take that if your NO.

You get ball, Kuzma and Ingram plus 2 1st round picks and send your trash salaries out.

Stevenson, Rondo and Beasley are all on one year deals and will be gone next year.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I mean you have to take that if your NO.

You get ball, Kuzma and Ingram plus 2 1st round picks and send your trash salaries out.

Stevenson, Rondo and Beasley are all on one year deals and will be gone next year.
Apparently they would rather have Taytum but ya I can't believe that deal isn't signed and finished right now, do the Lakers even have anything left to offer after that, the team would be what, LeBron Davis and a bunch of g leaguers

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Apparently they would rather have Taytum but ya I can't believe that deal isn't signed and finished right now, do the Lakers even have anything left to offer after that, the team would be what, LeBron Davis and a bunch of g leaguers

well the original rumor also had zubac included.

Personally I think Kuzma + Ingram is probably a little more valuable than Tatum based on the year he is having.

Yes the lakers will basically be Lebron, Davis, and a bunch of g leaguer's. Doubt the deal helps them this season but would help them for next year, and they want to do the deal before Boston can get in on the bidding.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Knicks were stupid to get rid of KP for the stuff they got back from Dallas. They could have gone after Davis.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If this winds up happening Lonzo is in for a rude awakening. Grew up LeBron his favorite player, finally realized his dream of the Lakers, then gets to play with LeBron, only to be traded by LeBron to New Orleans.

I still don't see that trade being good enough to get Davis though, the 2 picks if the Lakers get Davis with LeBron their pick this year won't be that good, I don't know what the other pick is?

Kuzma and Ingram are both pretty good but redundant, Kuzma doesn't play defense and he's a bit of a chucker but he can score, Ingram is a ball stopper but he's become a reasonable defender. So you're basically trading for Ball and one of Kuzma or Ingram I highly doubt they keep both for very long.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks and Clippers, huh? Interesting. Too bad the clippers have very little to offer.

I think the Bucks, Clippers and Knicks are all tossed out there to make it look like this is something other than Rich Paul forcing New Orleans to move him to the Lakers. I can't see a package from any of those teams that would work for both sides.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The picks are probably what's holding up New Orleans. Realistically those picks will be in the 20's and their best bet at a quality pick is this years, which will still likely be in the 15-20 range unless they fall out of the playoffs completely after acquiring Davis and then it'll be 13 or 14 in a relatively weak draft. So the Lakers need to make something happen to get better picks to trade because theirs won't do it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Bucks, Clippers and Knicks are all tossed out there to make it look like this is something other than Rich Paul forcing New Orleans to move him to the Lakers. I can't see a package from any of those teams that would work for both sides.

Agree. Also to get the Lakers to add another asset to the trade.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Clippers have Jerry West working with their front office, if anyone can find a way to get Davis it's him. Who knows what'll happen now that they've been floated as a destination.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
100% Sterling Sarver do have pinching pennies in common, evidently. And micromanaging with no expertise as well.

The Suns with no Scouting staff and adding the job of General Manager onto the duties of two existing employees.

And not springing for an experienced Point Guard to make the rest of the team better.

Cheep cheep! It's for the birds. :)

I’ve never heard any stories about Sarver being a racist though. For that reason he is light years ahead of Sterling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never heard any stories about Sarver being a racist though. For that reason he is light years ahead of Sterling.

Yeah I think his owner comp is Dan Gilbert which is by no means a compliment but Sterling is scum, documented scum. And as an owner he was as cheap as an owner could be.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah I think his owner comp is Dan Gilbert which is by no means a compliment but Sterling is scum, documented scum. And as an owner he was as cheap as an owner could be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson