The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Phrazbit, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Phrazbit

Phrazbit Registered

I can think of, at least, one specific instance against Utah and another I think against the Clips and some vague memories of a few more where Chriss acted as an escalator and/or instigator in some after the whistle non-sense.

He really enjoys getting in a players face over what should be a nothing play and also has a habit of showing up late to a shoving match and, instead of trying to defuse, kicking things up another notch or 5.

AzStevenCal likes this.
  2. Yuma

Yuma Back in AZ!

I figured they would give Chriss something. Since he was technically part of the fight, even though he got his A$$ handed to him, and he did not through a punch. Or any meaningful defense. Throwing a punch, and Chriss wasn't injured from what I read, I am OK with three games for Ibaka.

3. AzStevenCal

AzStevenCal ASFN Contributor Contributor

You might want to watch it again. Chriss clearly threw punches, even landed at least one. And I disagree that he got his butt handed to him. At least one of his punches drew a little bit of flesh, Ibaka murdered the air with his wild swings. I have no doubt that Serge would win a wrestling match but pro boxing is not in his future.

4. 95pro

95pro Registered

Chriss did not even get hurt, so I’m not sure how he got his arse handed to him.

I think he threw the first punch as well, the most popular camera angle misses that first punch Chriss threw. Then Ibaka swings and Chriss ducks.

AzStevenCal likes this.
  5. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Warriors finally beat Houston and for the first time in a big game Boogie was a key guy. Houston tried to exploit him in switches but he did ok and at theother end the 4th quarter was the Warriors using Boogie to torment Houston. OVer and over force a switch Boogie walks the defender down into the post gets the pass and if they don't double he scored, if they doubled, he made the right pass. Flirted with a triple double didn't get it though. Without Durant the ball moves beter but then late in the game closing out the win was harder without him to make those contested midrange shots with 2 on the shot clock that he's so good at.

6. sunsfan88

sunsfan88 Registered

John Collins is the close thing that I’ve seen to prime Amare, especially athleticism and size wise.

This guy is gonna be a top 10 player pretty soon imo, has an excellent all around game.

Mainstreet likes this.
  7. 95pro

95pro Registered

Idk man prime Amare was a beast both physically and athletically. Amare would have dunked that.

8. 95pro

95pro Registered

Pretty interesting in the draft positions in regards to the Hawks and Mavs. Mavs owe the pic to the Hawks but is top 5 protected. Hawks are 5th and Mavs 6th right now.

9. Ronin

Ronin ASFN Contributor Contributor

not even close to prime Amare.

10. itlnsunsfan

itlnsunsfan Registered

I would argue that wasn't even the height of his ferocity. That was post micro-fracture surgeries.

11. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Amare just loved to score through contact.

Suns_fan69 likes this.
  12. Finito

Finito Registered

Yeah sorry but Prime Amare was next level athletic and strong. Collins is nice but he ain’t even close

13. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

exactly what I was thinking.

man, that guy was a fearless beast on offense until injuries completely robbed him of his career.

14. 95pro

95pro Registered

That’s kind of an insult to Amare

15. Suns_fan69

Suns_fan69 Official ASFN Lurker

He was one of the best at scoring in traffic and through contact. His hands were just so good around the basket, that was his real strength.

Mainstreet likes this.