The 2015-16 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?

lol... sure you are. Most people have fun watching the worst team in the league, especially when their hero plays like the worst player in the game, their prized rookie looks awful... and nothing like the player (Magic), who you believed he shared qualities with. I'll give you this, Randle looks like he could be a player. But this is "fun" for you? Yeah, that's face-saving BS.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been counting the seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years until Kobe will finally be gone from this franchise...I just never expected him to tear it to the ground before he finally retired. He made sure HE got paid and the franchise suffered greatly for it. Screw that guy. They should have cut ties with him immediately once his last contract was up. Donald has always had blinders on when it comes to Kobe. I am and have been a lifelong Lakers fan who roots for my team - except Kobe - in recent years. My favorite games are the ones he is forced to miss with injuries. That and their most recent draft choice are huge head-scratchers for longtime diehards. It's just not the Lakers' way, IMHO.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Kobe has for a long time been the most overrated player in the league.

Now he is legitimately the worst player in the entire league, it is pretty funny but also sad considering he might be voted into the allstar game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... sure you are. Most people have fun watching the worst team in the league, especially when their hero plays like the worst player in the game, their prized rookie looks awful... and nothing like the player (Magic), who you believed he shared qualities with. I'll give you this, Randle looks like he could be a player. But this is "fun" for you? Yeah, that's face-saving BS.

Wow. No wonder you are a Suns fan. No long view and no history. Kobe's farewell tour, Randle getting reps, clarkson rolling, Russell looks very good and getting reps (and yeah, he's got magic qualities). We get $25 m off the books next year and three very good young guys with starter experience.

Why the hell would you be happy? Your team sucks with no future. Or past. So sad. Waaah. I sleep on championship dreams with potential when I wake up. Sorry for your waking nightmare.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the hell would you be happy? Your team sucks with no future. Or past. So sad. Waaah. I sleep on championship dreams with potential when I wake up. Sorry for your waking nightmare.

:biglaugh:

:notworthy:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you copy and paste that from one of GoHard83's old posts?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. No wonder you are a Suns fan. No long view and no history. Kobe's farewell tour, Randle getting reps, clarkson rolling, Russell looks very good and getting reps (and yeah, he's got magic qualities). We get $25 m off the books next year and three very good young guys with starter experience.

sorry, but this is ridiculous spin. You're having fun watching your favorite player ever embarrass himself every single night? That's complete and utter BS and we both know it.

And you're still holding firm to the Magic qualities? That's a good one too.

I bet you're even happy that now Byron is BENCHING Randle and Russel, right? i mean, EVERYTHING is great in Laker land according to you. I mean, those guys on the bench should only add to the fun you're having, right?

Dude, I gave up on the Suns a long time ago. Why? Because i'm not completely myopic about my team like you are.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Randle and Russell coming off the bench tonight for Louis Williams and Larry Nance Jr. Must have been a Kobe decision because he is having his best game of the season so far and they are hanging with Toronto.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Must have missed the part where the Lakers have potential or a future.

Guess drafting busts now accounts for potential.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry, but this is ridiculous spin. You're having fun watching your favorite player ever embarrass himself every single night? That's complete and utter BS and we both know it.

Yeah, its a farewell tour.last time we'll see him chuck up crazy shots. Bittersweet. My favorite player ever is Magic, BTW. I didn't get a farewell tour for him.

Russell looks very good. I don't expect a year one all-star. He is the high ceiling guy, and I see it. Very happy.

Byron Scott is a problem. Serious problem. Both he and Kobe will be gone next season. Randke and Russell on the bench is ludicrous, but scott has proven to be inept.

I see the future, not the present. This team makes me happy. Young studs and $25 mill in freed up money, and a new coach. And if they keep the suck going, a top 3 pick. I'm not sad...didn't expect much but I'm looking for flashes and I see em.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yeah Russell looks amazing, high ceiling. /s

I'd take Warren and Booker over Russell and Randle anyday and twice on Sunday.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Russell looks amazing, high ceiling. /s

I'd take Warren and Booker over Russell and Randle anyday and twice on Sunday.

Mayhaps you didn't see his game tonight?

Rookies dude. 19 years old.

Besides, you are a suns fan. Your argument is irrelevant. Warren and Booker. Loeffingl.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Mayhaps you didn't see his game tonight?

Rookies dude. 19 years old.

Besides, you are a suns fan. Your argument is irrelevant. Warren and Booker. Loeffingl.

He shot 40% and had basically no blocks, no steals, no rebounds and no assists in 30+ minutes. I am impressed.

Booker btw is younger than Russell.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He shot 40% and had basically no blocks, no steals, no rebounds and no assists in 30+ minutes. I am impressed.

Booker btw is younger than Russell.

I'd take Russell forever over Booker. C'mon man.

You are looking for stat sheets. I am looking at playmaking ability. I am pleased. This is a guy that in two years will be satisfying your stat sheet requirements.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard that Scott is benching Randle and Russell to protect them from Kobe. It was on the radio. Scott feels that Kobe is playing more selfish than ever and teaching the kids bad habits and is stunting their growth.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard that Scott is benching Randle and Russell to protect them from Kobe. It was on the radio. Scott feels that Kobe is playing more selfish than ever and teaching the kids bad habits and is stunting their growth.

not only that, but for anyone who says they're "enjoying" the Kobe Bryant Fat Elvis Vanity Project, they're just proving themselves to be the biggest sycophant known to man. Even Jerry West, the biggest Kobe Bryant fan EVER says watching Kobe is SAD and PAINFUL to watch.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketb...yant-play-now-is-painful-20151201-glc7c6.html

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not only that, but for anyone who says they're "enjoying" the Kobe Bryant Fat Elvis Vanity Project, they're just proving themselves to be the biggest sycophant known to man. Even Jerry West, the biggest Kobe Bryant fan EVER says watching Kobe is SAD and PAINFUL to watch.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketb...yant-play-now-is-painful-20151201-glc7c6.html

I'll just be glad when he is gone. Been counting down for years. Wish he had just been kicked to the curb when his last deal ran out. He has raped this team for money and scared away free agents. He has done far more harm than good in recent years for the team, but then again he has always been a very selfish individual.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kobe averaging 18/5/4 on 47% shooting in his last 5 games.

Props to him if he can sustain that at this age and coming off 3 major surgeries.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe averaging 18/5/4 on 47% shooting in his last 5 games.

Is that worth $25 million? I don't think so. Not even close. He single-handedly killed the franchise for several years. What an accomplishment. :rolleyes:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

lol... the sun finally shines on the dog's ass for three games in three seasons and you've got the meme all ready to go!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol... the sun finally shines on the dog's ass for three games in three seasons and you've got the meme all ready to go!

I am sure DDogg is like many of the Lakers fans I've seen today on facebook praising Kobe's game last night and his one big dunk over a defender.

Me? I'm like - We LOST by 20 points. Who cares what Kobe did? SMH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose