The 2014-15 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The three pointers are killing him.

so... no bet on the mid-40's shooting percentage? That percentage ain't getting much higher. At 36, at this rate and age he's going to wear down during the season, not get stronger, IMO.

Last edited:

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL. He needs to start yelling 'Kobe!' after every shot.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so... no bet on the mid-40's shooting percentage? That percentage ain't getting much higher. At 36, at this rate and age he's going to wear down during the season, not get stronger, IMO.

It absolutely will. He will be 44% plus at the end of the year. Avatar bet done.

*yawn* easy winnings.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He looks like a rookie again - jacking up air-balls from beyond the arc. SMH.

That's a great post! Although his rookie airballs were in the playoffs which we won't be in.

While that IS a bad shot, in the past he's absolutely BURIED that same shot countless times. However, that range isn't there anymore. If there is anywhere that he is "done" it is beyond the arc. The sooner he realizes that, the better. His SP goes up, and his efficiency does as well overall. The 3 ball isn't in his go-to toolbox. However, his midrange game is still stellar and will be for a long, long time. If he reduces his 3P attempts by about 75%, he will be killing it out there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, Kobe Bryant. One legged my ass. Playoffs. Done. Book it.

man, I should have made a bet here. That said, you're insanity back then continues into today and I'll gladly take your Avatar and crucify it.

say... we make the avatar bet for six months? set over/under at 44.5%?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great post! Although his rookie airballs were in the playoffs which we won't be in.

While that IS a bad shot, in the past he's absolutely BURIED that same shot countless times. However, that range isn't there anymore. If there is anywhere that he is "done" it is beyond the arc. The sooner he realizes that, the better. His SP goes up, and his efficiency does as well overall. The 3 ball isn't in his go-to toolbox. However, his midrange game is still stellar and will be for a long, long time. If he reduces his 3P attempts by about 75%, he will be killing it out there.

there's a reason he's shooting more 3s though Donald. He doesn't have the burst to get past people outside anymore to really get to the mid-range game and elevate to get that jumper off. you make it seem like he's just shooting those 3s because he's in love with the shot when reality is, if the D plays off just a little bit, he doesn't have the explosion anymore to get to his spots mid-range so he settles for the long-jumper.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's been getting his spots but he's not hitting threes. He has never exploded to his kill spots and instead uses footwork, stepbacks and fades. With nick young back that helps a bit with loosened d. 44.5% washes, I have over and you have under. 3 month avatar not 6. Can't risk non cardinal avatar during the season /superstition

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kobe is done. He can't penetrate, he is putting up points purely by virtue of chucking his team out of games. Nothing but contested fades all game long. If the refs stopped babying him (no one draws more non-contact fouls on jump shots than Kobe... infact no one BUT Kobe gets those calls on a regular basis) he would be scoring even less. I know a lot of Laker fans and their takes are in extremes. One set is myserable... those are the people who recognize Kobe for the chucking cancer that he is, the others are happy Kobe is "back in form" but but bummed that a "great" Kobe season is getting wasted.

The only bummer of it all is the Suns have a stake in the Lakers not being extremely horrible.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe is done. He can't penetrate, he is putting up points purely by virtue of chucking his team out of games. Nothing but contested fades all game long. If the refs stopped babying him (no one draws more non-contact fouls on jump shots than Kobe... infact no one BUT Kobe gets those calls on a regular basis) he would be scoring even less. I know a lot of Laker fans and their takes are in extremes. One set is myserable... those are the people who recognize Kobe for the chucking cancer that he is, the others are happy Kobe is "back in form" but but bummed that a "great" Kobe season is getting wasted.

The only bummer of it all is the Suns have a stake in the Lakers not being extremely horrible.

Haters gonna hate.

Watch some Harden before you yap about who gets calls. You can't look at the lice in that dude's beard without a ref calling a foul.

Gonna screw the suns, have two lottery picks to roll with and Kobe's contract off the books, within 4 years Lakers the hottest team in the league.

Best of all worlds.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's been getting his spots but he's not hitting threes. He has never exploded to his kill spots and instead uses footwork, stepbacks and fades. With nick young back that helps a bit with loosened d. 44.5% washes, I have over and you have under. 3 month avatar not 6. Can't risk non cardinal avatar during the season /superstition

risk? sounds like someone's not sure they're going to win this bet. i don't blame ya either.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate.

Watch some Harden before you yap about who gets calls. You can't look at the lice in that dude's beard without a ref calling a foul.

Gonna screw the suns, have two lottery picks to roll with and Kobe's contract off the books, within 4 years Lakers the hottest team in the league.

Best of all worlds.

yeah... because they've been so successful at luring/keeping big time FAs in the last couple years.

You'll be awful for at least three years, and in one of those years, we'll get your pick, keeping you awful. Luckily for us, when the Godfather died, there was no Michael to take over the family biz...only a Fredo. Have fun with that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a Michael. She isn't in control tho.

you make my point for me. A Michael wouldn't let anyone else be in control. Nor would he pose naked for Playboy or be part of the package that sunk the team for years for handing out that ridiculous, cap choking contract to Kobe.

if anything, she's a Sonny. The hothead who calls all the FA who spurned the team "losers" while letting her emotions get the best of her (again, see Kobe's contract). Michael is ruthless... has no loyalties to any one person. Jeanie feels like Kobe is bigger then the Lakers and no player should be bigger then the franchise.

but keep dreaming like you have with your "we're gonna get K Love and Kyrie"... "making the playoffs. book it. done." "and Kobe will shoot in the mid 40's"... and "in four years we'll be the hottest team in the league" because your reality is a nightmare. and deep down, you know it.

you'll probably respond with your "haters gonna hate" or "cute" stuff, but only because there's nothing of substance to respond with.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you make my point for me. A Michael wouldn't let anyone else be in control. Nor would he pose naked for Playboy or be part of the package that sunk the team for years for handing out that ridiculous, cap choking contract to Kobe.

if anything, she's a Sonny. The hothead who calls all the FA who spurned the team "losers" while letting her emotions get the best of her (again, see Kobe's contract). Michael is ruthless... has no loyalties to any one person. Jeanie feels like Kobe is bigger then the Lakers and no player should be bigger then the franchise.

but keep dreaming like you have with your "we're gonna get K Love and Kyrie"... "making the playoffs. book it. done." "and Kobe will shoot in the mid 40's"... and "in four years we'll be the hottest team in the league" because your reality is a nightmare. and deep down, you know it.

you'll probably respond with your "haters gonna hate" or "cute" stuff, but only because there's nothing of substance to respond with.

You hit the nail on the head with the Sonny comparison. Well done. Well, if Sonny would have had a really old Frankenstein looking girlfriend.

The rest of it is just standard Cheeze Whiz commentary. Over-processed, vaguely smells of desperation and hope the Lakers stay down forever, and has a problem holding together over time. :p

Unless you think Kobe's contract in four years is going to be huge and on the books, I don't see where you think the Lakers wouldn't be hotness with two top draft picks and lots of cap room. :shrug:

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn't you have a decent chunk of cap space this year and did nothing with it? You guys lost the guy many felt was the best big man in the league, and some of the names that have been thrown out for possible future FA's have already signed extensions. Your coaching staff is garbage, and I'm sorry, but I don't see which players will be dying to come play for Byron Scott. So you're pinning your hopes on a lottery pick that, while promising, you may not even get with Kobe's over-competitive ass, and a FO that's been atrocious the last couple of years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head with the Sonny comparison. Well done. Well, if Sonny would have had a really old Frankenstein looking girlfriend.

The rest of it is just standard Cheeze Whiz commentary. Over-processed, vaguely smells of desperation and hope the Lakers stay down forever, and has a problem holding together over time. :p

Unless you think Kobe's contract in four years is going to be huge and on the books, I don't see where you think the Lakers wouldn't be hotness with two top draft picks and lots of cap room. :shrug:

you assume those two top picks will a) pan out and b) will be established enough as possible superstars to lure people after their 1st (whoever they get in this year's draft) and 2nd years (Randle with two years). and not only that, but superstar plays will have to take a LOWER Max deals to go to LA then they would if they stick with their old teams.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers signing Earl Clark, according to report

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...rs-earl-clark-free-agent-signing-xavier-henry

The Los Angeles Lakers are preparing their first roster move of the season and are expected to sign free agent Earl Clark, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. The Lakers' roster issues have gotten worse following Xavier Henry's season-ending Achilles injury, but the team has been granted two disabled player exceptions for both Julius Randle and Steve Nash since they were both ruled out for the year.

Clark is currently playing for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in the D-league, averaging 29 points per game. The Lakers will likely waive Henry to create space for Clark, which means Henry's time in Los Angeles has come to an end, according to Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times. Henry will still be paid by the Lakers, however, until he is deemed healthy again.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I were simply hating I'd point out that Kobe has devolved into surly version of Michael Beasley.

And yes, Harden does get BS calls, but not as many as Kobe. Harden gets a ton of calls around the basket, Kobe gets no-touch fouls called on fadaway shots whenever someone has the gall to contest.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
http://www.82games.com/1415/1415LAL.HTM

The Lakers on/off splits. Basically all the starters are horrible and killing the team... including Kobe. And really, its hard to measure the non-Kobe starters because they all have such low usage, since Kobe never passes the ball. The Lakers are outscoring their opposition by 5 per 100 possessions with Kobe on the bench, and getting demolished by 13 per with Kobe in the game.

He is a washed up, ball hogging cancer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose