OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need Kobe to come back and will this Lakers team to a 7th or 8th seed.. Don't need these jack wads getting a lottery pick with the talent in this draft.. They will miraculously get a top three pick..

That would be something considering they haven't had their own draft pick in the top 3 since 1975 - Dave Meyers out of UCLA (#2 overall in 1975) - and he never suited up for the Lakers, but was part of a trade (for Kareem) on draft day.

Magic Johnson (#1 overall in 1979) was a pick from a trade with the Jazz.

James Worthy (#1 overall in 1982) was a pick from a trade with the Cavaliers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

He heard you...

lol...maybe not. 1-4 since Kobe's return. atrocious on D while averaging 12.2 ppg, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, and 6 turnovers on 40% shooting on O.

it's been pretty awesome to watch so far.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Father time coming real fast to collect...

Kobe Bryant Out Six Weeks With Fractured Tibia In Left Knee

Kobe Bryant has suffered a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee, the Los Angeles Lakers announced on Thursday.

Bryant is expected to miss six weeks.

Bryant returned from a torn Achillies tendon earlier this month.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...t-Six-Weeks-With-Fractured-Tibia-In-Left-Knee

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the Lakers will miss the playoffs, and win the draft lottery with one Ping-Pong ball in the hopper

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Father time coming real fast to collect...

Kobe Bryant Out Six Weeks With Fractured Tibia In Left Knee

Kobe Bryant has suffered a fracture of the lateral tibial plateau in his left knee, the Los Angeles Lakers announced on Thursday.

Bryant is expected to miss six weeks.

Bryant returned from a torn Achillies tendon earlier this month.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...t-Six-Weeks-With-Fractured-Tibia-In-Left-Knee

they are going to be a disaster for the next decade. why? because kobe and his awful contract will keep coming back and choking that payroll and no one will want to go play with a no-legged Kobe Bryant and nothing else.

i love it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
This injury actually unfortunately works out better for the Lakers. They can trade Gasol and some of their spare parts like Jordan Hill and Nick Young who have actually been performing pretty well for picks and they'll have the crappy record to justifiably fire D'Antoni.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
they are going to be a disaster for the next decade. why? because kobe and his awful contract will keep coming back and choking that payroll and no one will want to go play with a no-legged Kobe Bryant and nothing else.

i love it.
We both know all it takes is one player or trade to change the course of an entire franchise in the NBA. I'm not shoveling dirt on any teams grave especially the Lakers until I see how this draft and free agency unfolds.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We both know all it takes is one player or trade to change the course of an entire franchise in the NBA. I'm not shoveling dirt on any teams grave especially the Lakers until I see how this draft and free agency unfolds.

Ramen to that!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is true, but I don't think there's really this INCREDIBLE can't miss franchise superstar in this draft. Very good pieces, but I don't see a Duncan/Shaq/LeBron.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
this is true, but I don't think there's really this INCREDIBLE can't miss franchise superstar in this draft. Very good pieces, but I don't see a Duncan/Shaq/LeBron.
Agreed. If I had to make realistic ceiling comparisons...

Jabari Parker - Paul Pierce/Melo
Aaron Gordon - Marion
Julius Randle - Derrick Coleman/Elton Brand (but not the head/injury case)
Andrew Wiggins - McGrady

Great players but none are in the stratosphere that the talking heads are making them out to be.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If I had to make realistic ceiling comparisons...

Jabari Parker - Paul Pierce/Melo
Aaron Gordon - Marion
Julius Randle - Derrick Coleman/Elton Brand (but not the head/injury case)
Andrew Wiggins - McGrady

Great players but none are in the stratosphere that the talking heads are making them out to be.

yup...and not only that, but with Kobe's whopper of a contract, the Lakers can only add one mega player this year. And what mega-player is going to want to take A LOT less money to play for a terrible Laker team with a broken down Kobe Bryant, as opposed to taking a LOT MORE money on their own team?

And it's not like you can just say: These are the Lakers! Everyone believes in them! Wrong...that version of the Lakers seemingly died when Dr. Buss did. Now you have the Lakers as King Lear, with that schmuck Jim Buss running the ship.

this is awesome.

can't wait to get their draft pick next year as well. that will just be the cherry on top.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This injury actually unfortunately works out better for the Lakers. They can trade Gasol and some of their spare parts like Jordan Hill and Nick Young who have actually been performing pretty well for picks and they'll have the crappy record to justifiably fire D'Antoni.

Yessir!

Kobe won't help us win games, we'll be in full tank mode, he'll heal more and get our higher pick. Voila. Nash will be dropped on a medical waiver (and hopefully sign a contract in Phoenix to retire where he belongs..would be nice for him and the city).

Kobe's skillset is still solid, conditioning is not. This setback is a blessing in disguise, IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yessir!

Kobe won't help us win games, we'll be in full tank mode, he'll heal more and get our higher pick. Voila. Nash will be dropped on a medical waiver (and hopefully sign a contract in Phoenix to retire where he belongs..would be nice for him and the city).

Kobe's skillset is still solid, conditioning is not. This setback is a blessing in disguise, IMO.

lol. his skillset is still solid, no doubt, but his body ain't and at 35, it ain't ever going to be. this setback isn't a blessing indisguise. it's a harbinger of things to come..namely, Kobe and his contract killing the Lakers for as long as he's there.

and there ain't anyone in this draft that is going to skyrocket y'all back to stardom and Kobe's broken down ass/awful contract is going to be a big stink-bomb that will repel any kind of big name FA.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yessir!

oh...and Steve "I'm going to the Lakers because I want to be close to my kids yet I'm going to get an injuction on my wife to keep her from moving her and the kids closer to me in LA" Nash can eat a dick for going to LA. Dude's dead to me and I'm reveling in the destruction of his career/finances as well (even though my best friend's Dad is representing him in the divorce proceedings).

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. his skillset is still solid, no doubt, but his body ain't and at 35, it ain't ever going to be. this setback isn't a blessing indisguise. it's a harbinger of things to come..namely, Kobe and his contract killing the Lakers for as long as he's there.

and there ain't anyone in this draft that is going to skyrocket y'all back to stardom and Kobe's broken down ass/awful contract is going to be a big stink-bomb that will repel any kind of big name FA.

So you say.

IMO, Wiggins is the real deal.

'Melo will be in LA (not that it will win titles).

This idea of a decade long malaise is rediculous; Kobe's contract isn't a decade long.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you say.

IMO, Wiggins is the real deal.

'Melo will be in LA (not that it will win titles).

This idea of a decade long malaise is rediculous; Kobe's contract isn't a decade long.

no, but his contract will keep them from a) getting big time FAs and his presence will keep them from bottoming out which they need to do. and then even when they do bottom out, it will take 3-5 years to get back to being a contender. Thus, with Kobe on the team, they'll be nothing for the next three years and then they'll need another 3-5 years to rebuild. Pretty much equals 8 years...and that's assuming Jim Buss has ANY clue how to actually build a winner...which he's shown zero ability to do.

and man, I can only PRAY you get Melo. That will make sure the Lakers are absolutely meaningless forever.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the Lakers will miss the playoffs, and win the draft lottery with one Ping-Pong ball in the hopper

Not necessarily. They often play better without Kobe.

Cannot wait for him to be gone for good (not wishing injury...just anticipating his retirement).

Ready for a new era already.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If [the fans] are discouraged, then, you know, find another team to root for.

Quote from Mike D
FO can't let him insult all Lakers fans.

He needs to go now.

Been a fan since I was a little kid around 1964 and this idiot comes out and tells me to change to another team?

Kiss off Mike

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FO can't let him insult all Lakers fans.

He needs to go now.

Been a fan since I was a little kid around 1964 and this idiot comes out and tells me to change to another team?

Kiss off Mike

Yeah, that's the kiss of death.

This isn't the Seattle Seahawks fanbase he is yapping at. It is the Lakers.

Perhaps he should find another team to coach, if his results are going to be discouraging. (after he gets us that Wiggins pick first, of course)

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. They often play better without Kobe.

Cannot wait for him to be gone for good (not wishing injury...just anticipating his retirement).

Ready for a new era already.
I'm ready for the Lakers to rebuild with out Kobe. It's terrible when they pass it to him and the rest of the team stands around and watches him. Not good for the team growth.

It's been kind of good for him to be out as it gives the team time to work together which they were doing quite well before he came back.

I know he was trying to be a facilitator but it just wasn't working yet.

Lakers need to replace Mike D first and foremost before they do any more big deals.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers without Kobe put in a good effort in losing to the Heat on Christmas.

Can they get back to where they were earlier before Kobe came back?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
They mentioned something on the suns pregame about PHX bumping the Lakers from some national TV games coming up?