OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not happy that Odom is gone (for nothing) and we didn't bring in someone to be the new Fish, but here goes another year...

At least the Celtics lost to the Knicks. :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with the direction of the Lakers. Much better/active defensively. Still feeling things out - lots and lots of new faces, new coach and missing Bynum. They will struggle for a bunch of games, but will put it together and make a decent playoff run.

As constructed though, this isn't a championship squad.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love McRoberts. What a glue guy.

MWP is balling off the bench, also love that. When Bynum returns, you have both MWP and McRoberts bringing defense and hustle to the second unit - no taking defense off with those two out there.

The team is surprisingly deep.

Really, the only thing holding them back from being a championship squad is solid PG play, especially a playmaking type guard that could even decently defend. It's simply a glaring hole.

Mike Brown's focus on defense is right up my alley.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bynum returned and had 29 points on 13 for 18 shooting and grabbed 13 rebounds.

3-2.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We lost our point guard. His name was Tri Angle. Until we get a new point guard, we won't be very good at spacing the floor and getting shots.

The offensive flow is pathetic. Bynum and Pau are clogging the paint, and fish runs a PG through there all the time. It is so very bad.

Morris is not looking good. Not in the least. I'm shocked that I'm desperate for the return of Steve Blake.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We lost our point guard. His name was Tri Angle. Until we get a new point guard, we won't be very good at spacing the floor and getting shots.

The offensive flow is pathetic. Bynum and Pau are clogging the paint, and fish runs a PG through there all the time. It is so very bad.

Morris is not looking good. Not in the least. I'm shocked that I'm desperate for the return of Steve Blake.

I thought you were fine with the offense?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought you were fine with the offense?

I thought we'd be able to hit a three pointer once a week.

I thought we'd try to get an actual point guard, too. The offense is a lot better with Blake and that is skurry.

The offense was better with Bynum out, too...Pau and Bynum are half the problem. They get in each others way all the time, and clog the paint too much. Plus Bynum seems completely ignorant of the concept of reposting as the ball is rotated. Pau is better at this than him, and Pau is not a post up poster child.

Relying on Kobe to score all your points is stupid. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But when he's 8-12 and the rest of the team is 9-39, that's an enormous problem.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go Lakers !!! Beat the Nuggets. You're at home - play like it tonight.

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They better play a lot better in the next round or, your joy is going to be very short-lived.

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Exclusive: Clippers now on Dwight Howard’s wish list

Looks like D-12 wants to come to the "other" LA team, too.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/01/16/dwight-howard-clippers/

Nobody wants to play for the other LA team and you'll always be second fiddle to the LA Lakers. Even if you have a season or two where you win more games or even a championship there's too much history you would have to go a decade minimum to make any headway to becoming the top team in Los Angeles.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They better play a lot better in the next round or, your joy is going to be very short-lived.

They definitely need to come together as a team and take care of business in round 2.

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They definitely need to come together as a team and take care of business in round 2.

Having Ron Ron, a full series and his energy should help.

PS...... I would rather poke my eyes out with a hot iron rod then call him by his new name.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having Ron Ron, a full series and his energy should help.

PS...... I would rather poke my eyes out with a hot iron rod then call him by his new name.

I am more surprised that he didn't just change his name to "Queensbridge." :D

JAB

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am more surprised that he didn't just change his name to "Queensbridge." :D

NIce................ I think some of these guys were coddled for so long growing up they never did. I think they have a form of adult. Hold on, I have to be politically correct so let's call it special-needs syndrome due to the fact they really don't have a clue to what reality is.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's all gravy now. Should be a fun series, and whichever team wins it (I'm hoping it's the Lakers but that's a very tough hill to climb) is the team I want to win the title.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose