Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That '70s Show Series Finale on May 18
Source: FOX
January 17, 2006

That '70s Show packs up the polyester bellbottoms, Zeppelin 8-tracks and lava lamps when it ends its eight-season run Thursday, May 18 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The series finale also marks the 200th episode milestone.

That '70s Show premiered on Aug. 23, 1998. Set in Point Place, Wisconsin, the series follows a group of friends who get by with a little help from each other. The show stars Mila Kunis, Danny Masterson, Laura Prepon, Wilmer Valderrama, Kurtwood Smith, Debra Jo Rupp, Josh Meyers, Don Stark and Tommy Chong. For seasons one through seven, Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher were also regular cast members.

The series created some signature elements that made it a hit over the years, including the surreal dream sequences, the 360-degree basement scenes and the classic '70s score. Numerous '70s icons have stopped by to guest-star, including Danny Bonaduce, Alice Cooper, Marion Ross, Eve Plumb, Ted Nugent, Valerie Harper and Roger Daltrey from The Who. This season, Don Knotts, Mary Tyler Moore Tom Bosley and Isaac Hayes are joining the list. Additionally, Luke Wilson, Lindsay Lohan, Bruce Willis, Brooke Shields, Seth Green and Jessica Simpson have also guest-starred.

"The reason 'That '70s Show' has been such a smash hit is due to the talent: the actors, the writers, the director, and everybody else who helped make each episode so groovy," said executive producer Tom Werner. "Has it really been eight years?"

"'That '70s Show' is one of our longest-running hit comedies," said Peter Liguori, President, Entertainment for FOX. "The show's success is definitely a testament to the creativity and dedication put forth each week by the talented cast, outstanding writers and producers, and the great crew. There are a lot of things about the '70s we'd like to forget - especially those involving polyester - but this series has been a wonderful look back at this most memorable decade."

That '70s Show is a Carsey-Werner production created by Bonnie Turner, Terry Turner and Mark Brazill. Marcy Carsey, Tom Werner, Dean Batali, Rob DesHotel and Mark Hudis are executive producers.

-----------------------------

Anyone have a favorite character or episode? :shrug:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was actually wanting to start a thread about this show.

I never really got into it, but over X-Mas break I would catch a few episodes and I found myself really getting into it. I had a Best Buy gift certificate to use, so I went and bought Season 1 on DVD. I love it!

I love Donna and Eric. They are so cute. I didn't know Topher and Ashton werent regulars in Season 8.. that makes me sad :(

Oh well. It's still a fun show!

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 8 is a joke. Without Eric there is no show. Hopefully he comes back for the series finale.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
Season 8 is a joke. Without Eric there is no show. Hopefully he comes back for the series finale.

How did they explain his departure on the show? Did Eric and Donna break up?

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
How did they explain his departure on the show? Did Eric and Donna break up?
No. Somehow he gets a scholarship for school by agreeing to teach in Africa.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
nm132 said:
No. Somehow he gets a scholarship for school by agreeing to teach in Africa.

That and he calls Donna from Africa to tell here he wants to break up since they have grown apart. They did that part of the story really fast and didnt really explain it much, it was almost like "who cares", which is pretty bad considering that part of the story has been a big part of the story line since the beginning.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
That and he calls Donna from Africa to tell here he wants to break up since they have grown apart. They did that part of the story really fast and didnt really explain it much, it was almost like "who cares", which is pretty bad considering that part of the story has been a big part of the story line since the beginning.

Ugh, really?

:thumbdown

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can't they just replace Kelso and Eric with a couple of actors that look exactly like them?? Pass them off as Cousins?? :shrug:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
We started watching this show on Netflix recently. Great stuff. Just finished season 2. The kids are funny, but I absolutely love Red and Kitty. Red's interactions with everyone are gold.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The first few seasons of any long running comedy are usually gold. That show is no exception.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

He didn't even call her. They just told us he broke up with her after she was hanging out with the new dude a lot.

Netflix just removed this show and we're half way through season 8! Jerks!

Would have been nice to have a warning so we could have expedited our watching.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose