Thanksgiving opTIMism... Cardinals 6-4!!

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Down the stretch I think the Arizona Cardinals will only get better as the talent they have on both sides of the ball gives them a chance to win pretty much every game. KK has to tighten up his late half/ end of game play calling as he seems to "ice" his own team with his game clock management- especially in short yardage. As KK grows as a head coach the Cardinals will get even better.

To win down the stretch, in cold weather and against good teams, the Cardinals need to get back to committing to run the football with the 3 headed monster of KM, KD and CE. It controls the clock, it creates play action passes deep down the field and most importantly it rests the defense!

I would like to see more of the QB Chris Streveler under center short yardage package that we saw run successfully in Week 2 vs Washington. This package allows Kyler Murray to be an additional weapon that defenses has to account for while also giving the Cardinals a great opportunity to run QB sneaks on those short yardage plays.

Each year I stop by this chatroom around the holidays to say hello and talk either draft next year or playoffs. I'm happy this year its playoffs! One week at a time. Lets find a way to get the W vs. New England this week.

Go Cardinals/ Happy Thanksgiving!
Tim in NJ :koolaid:

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving! I love the positivity and will add a few things I’m thankful for when it comes to this football team:

1. Kyler Murray. We FINALLY have a young franchise quarterback!!! No more guys in their twilight years (I mean no disrespect Warner and Palmer, I love you guys lol). Now we get to terrorize the NFC West God willing for the next decade plus with our own dual threat qb

2. “Playoffs?!? Playoffs?!? Don’t talk about playoffs!” Oh but we can!! Barring a complete meltdown of this team we are going to be playing January football! 2015 feels like at least 10 years ago!

3. DeAndre Freaking Hopkins...For a second round pick...And wait it gets better...They actually took on David Johnson’s ridiculous salary!!! My mind will never stop being blown about this deal!

4. Neither Drake nor Jalen Thompson have suffered season ending injuries. We’ve already experienced enough of those and I think these two guys are going to be key to the overall success this team may have in the playoffs.

5. The fact that we are only two years removed from the Wilks era and experiencing this much success is something truly to be grateful for. I know we love to complain on this board but can you imagine being the Jets fan base? Or Washington’s? Or Detroit’s? Or a handful of other teams that are consistently mediocre or just flat out bad year in and year out. It’s exciting to be relevant this quickly after the complete dumpster fire of a team that was the 2018 Cardinals.

6. Keim’s recent turnaround. He drafted Kyler when many pundits hated that pick. He resigned Humphries and Budda when many also hated those decisions. It’s beginning to appear that Simmons was the right pick (Steve Keim nailing first round picks in back to back years, has that ever happened lol).

It’s easy to forget just how recently terrible this team was. I know it’s easy to get greedy as fans but today I am choosing to enjoy the journey and simply be grateful that our Cardinals are exciting to watch week in and week out...That in and of itself is something we should remember not to take for granted!

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving!

I am happy with where this team is, I just have to keep reminding myself "we are who I thought we were". Last year we were a 5 win team...lots of blown chances and frustrating weeks where it felt like we should have won...but we were a 5 win team. This year, we are a 9-10 win team who should compete for a playoff spot...and that is exactly what we have shown.

I get frustrated in the moment, because we should have beaten Detroit and Seattle...but we also should have lost to Buffalo. I have to step back from the in season hysteria of, oh man we should be 8-2 and winning our division...and the opposite of, we stink and will blow the rest of the season.

In reality we are right where we were expected to be...which is a team that should be competing for the playoffs down to the last week...and might have the ability to win a playoff game...but are not a Superbowl contender yet..and that is ok.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
5. The fact that we are only two years removed from the Wilks era and experiencing this much success is something truly to be grateful for. I know we love to complain on this board but can you imagine being the Jets fan base? Or Washington’s? Or Detroit’s? Or a handful of other teams that are consistently mediocre or just flat out bad year in and year out. It’s exciting to be relevant this quickly after the complete dumpster fire of a team that was the 2018 Cardinals.

For all the crap Keim gets, this is huuuge! I'm so thankful and quite frankly surprised at the bounce back, although I'm not fully there with Kingsbury yet. Even the eagles who won a damn chip are drowning in bad contracts and subpar talent. The fan base is calling for Howie Roseman's skull. LMAO!!!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving!

I am happy with where this team is, I just have to keep reminding myself "we are who I thought we were". Last year we were a 5 win team...lots of blown chances and frustrating weeks where it felt like we should have won...but we were a 5 win team. This year, we are a 9-10 win team who should compete for a playoff spot...and that is exactly what we have shown.

I get frustrated in the moment, because we should have beaten Detroit and Seattle...but we also should have lost to Buffalo. I have to step back from the in season hysteria of, oh man we should be 8-2 and winning our division...and the opposite of, we stink and will blow the rest of the season.

In reality we are right where we were expected to be...which is a team that should be competing for the playoffs down to the last week...and might have the ability to win a playoff game...but are not a Superbowl contender yet..and that is ok.

Great post AZman.....