Thanks Keim…for nothing.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The snake oil salesman has buried this team.
His building of this roster is deplorable. His cap management is terrible. His trades have tied up dead money for years. His drafts are historically terrible.
He failed miserably in just about every phase of what a gm’s job is.
The one thing he did very well is hypnotize the owner into believing his plan.
He played as big a role of the failure of Kingsbury as kings bury himself.
He had no clue how to build a team. He truly built a house of cards.
Add the fact that HIS personal conduct added to this culture and this is what you get.
It will take time to unearth this team and make them respectable. Even a coach like Payton is starting from a deep hole. I worry about our impatience with a new regime even if that regime includes Payton.

We’ll all have to suffer through this next phase and be patient.

Thanks Keim…..for nothing.

Last edited:

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Basically in the same spot as the Bears were this year, right? We can take a mulligan, burn off the dead money and play a bunch of young guys, then be ready to roll in ‘24. Fingers crossed.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah. I refuse to do this. I'm here praise Keim, not to bury him.

The last couple of years where tough, but Keim did some stuff/was here for things that were good. These are just facts, without spin or suspicion (Starts playing "Had a Bad Day"):

• He was around when Bruce Arians was signed
• Engineered the Carson Palmer trade, which lead to the best three-year regular season record in Cards history (I'm guessing)
• Helped identify and draft David Johnson
• Resigned D.J. Humphries to a good second contract
• Drafted Josh Rosen
• Fired Steve Wilks
• Drafted Kyler Murray
• Dumped Josh Rosen
• Engineered the Nuk Hopkins trade

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Basically in the same spot as the Bears were this year, right? We can take a mulligan, burn off the dead money and play a bunch of young guys, then be ready to roll in ‘24. Fingers crossed.
Will this fan base be patient enough? There many( not all) that bought into believing what Keim was selling that this years team was a playoff team.
There are many that will want to turn this around this year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Except the Bears have a QB on a rookie contract. That's the real killer. The Bears are going through essentially what we went through in 2019.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The last couple of years where tough, but Keim did some stuff/was here for things that were good. These are just facts, without spin or suspicion (Starts playing "Had a Bad Day"):

• Engineered the Carson Palmer trade, which lead to the best three-year regular season record in Cards history (I'm guessing)
• Drafted Josh Rosen
• Fired Steve Wilks
• Drafted Kyler Murray
• Dumped Josh Rosen
Sorry, but in todays world it’s where are we today. You want to praise him for his past moves fine by me. But for every good thing there were probably 3 things he blew.
I’m am not about to get into a tit for tat debate about him. I’m glad he’s gone. We are ready a better team today.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

• Drafted Josh Rosen
• Fired Steve Wilks
• Drafted Kyler Murray
• Dumped Josh Rosen
I refuse to give Keim any credit for every roster move that was made during the BA era. I'll credit him that he sat back and let BA run the show.

He traded up and drafted Rosen. He doesn't get credit a year later for realizing it was a mistake.

He's made a couple nice trades to fill holes in the roster he could never draft to fix.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t wish the guy any ill will especially with his health and for his family. Football side of things was definitely a mixed bag. He did have some bright moments that led to a short window of good times. But the majority was average to below at best. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and that it Keim. He gets it right two hours a day, and the other 22 hours is hanging by a thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Keim wasnt as bad as some claim...but play the drama.

He was not good at identifying star calibre guys or diamonds in the rough. Our first round pick was routinely, "oh that guy"

Funny enough his departure may have come on the tails of his best draft.

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He needs to thank Rod Graves for drafting all his best players and Big Bad Bruce Arians for turning poop into gold.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

• Drafted Josh Rosen
• Fired Steve Wilks
• Drafted Kyler Murray
• Dumped Josh Rosen
Good post! The 74-76 Cardinals had a slightly better winning percentage than the 13-15 Cardinals.

1974-76 St. Louis Cardinals 31-11 .738

2013-15 Arizona Cardinals 34-14 .708

But, point well taken.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave