Thank God we didn't trade next year's 1st rounder for a QB

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Can you imagine if we'd moved up to #1, or the top 5, "whatever it takes," like some were begging for?

This team looks like it might contend for the #1 overall pick, and some would have given it up, with more picks, for a Baker Mayfield. At least now, even with a terrible year, there's hope.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Can you imagine if we'd moved up to #1, or the top 5, "whatever it takes," like some were begging for?

This team looks like it might contend for the #1 overall pick, and some would have given it up, with more picks, for a Baker Mayfield. At least now, even with a terrible year, there's hope.

Jesus, you can't just let it die, can you.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Mayfield turns out to be elite it would be a steal and in that case we probably would have that #1 anyways if he started by game 6.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
BTW... past is prologue. How many of those 1st round picks since 2012 would kill us if we just threw them in the trash and opted to not draft someone instead, not one. Deon and Reddick weren't being used today barely. RNk has been playing better but still not to "That's a pick you cannot live without".

We could have been left out of the 1st round of the draft those years and made little difference to our team. When that's the case you're not drafting well.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The year to trade up was for Mahomes. Wouldn’t have cost much
Yea, Mahomes is looking legit. It would have given a season to mentor under CP, it would have been the ideal move instead of one day everything is turned upside down with no plan forward in place.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well we have our QB of the future in Rosen. If we pick one or two overall in the next draft we should be able to get quite a bit for a trade down.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We still should have traded up for Sam Darnold. Just because we hired a head coach without a plan doesn't make that still the right move.

Getting the best QB in a draft is almost always the right move.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We still should have traded up for Sam Darnold. Just because we hired a head coach without a plan doesn't make that still the right move.

Getting the best QB in a draft is almost always the right move.

I agree. even starting out 0-2...with Sam under center we would know we are on the right track...especially considering the amount of cap space we have to work with next spring.

I like Rosen....and we got him for a steal... but two firsts for Sam was still the right move.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Jesus, you can't just let it die, can you.
Nope. But honestly, I don't know what else to talk about right now.

If Mayfield turns out to be elite it would be a steal and in that case we probably would have that #1 anyways if he started by game 6.
No, we would be giving the Browns a top pick, if things keep going south.

The year to trade up was for Mahomes. Wouldn’t have cost much
Yes, it would have - the Chiefs offered a first round pick. We would have had to beat that to move up a couple picks.

I agree. even starting out 0-2...with Sam under center we would know we are on the right track...especially considering the amount of cap space we have to work with next spring.

I like Rosen....and we got him for a steal... but two firsts for Sam was still the right move.
Are you honestly telling me that if this team looked the way it does right now, and we didn't have first round picks the next two years, you'd feel confident?

A prime Aaron Rodgers couldn't fix our problems.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Rosen will be better than Darnold so I’m glad we didn’t trade two 1sts.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Getting the best QB is always the right move. Always. Even if he gets a lacerated spleen and misses over a year because he has incompetent coaches.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Getting the best QB is always the right move. Always. Even if he gets a lacerated spleen and misses over a year because he has incompetent coaches.

Andrew Luck’s injury was one commonly encountered in car accidents. I wouldn’t put it past this staff to duplicate that scenario

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I wanted Mahomes bad last year. He's going to be one of the best in the league.

I'll be honest and say that I didn't even know who he was but that's because I'm not in any way a draft guru. However if you see his passes I'd have to think that was obvious to anyone who saw him and as such anyone should of been high on him.

My God he has an arm and he's apparently got a good head on his shoulders too. Good for Andy he deserves this he may have the best QB for a generation it certainly looks like that now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose