Terrell Sluggs' unsolicited thanks to Cards

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by THESMEL, Feb 8, 2013.

1. THESMEL

THESMEL Registered

link
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/pos...013/terrell-suggs-unsolicited-thanks-to-cards

NEW ORLEANS -- A mere 3,565 days have passed since the 2003 NFL draft. That's not nearly long enough for Baltimore Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs to forget about a certain team passing over him in the first round.

[​IMG]
    Sluggs

This thank you note was delivered unsolicited and with the back of the hand.
    "Lo and behold, the Arizona Cardinals traded out of the pick," Suggs said. "Thank you all for that. I appreciate that with all my heart. Thank you."

The Cardinals found longtime starters Anquan Boldin, Gerald Hayes and Reggie Wellis later in that 2003 draft. Boldin, traded to Baltimore in 2010, will join Suggs in the Ravens' starting lineup against San Francisco on Sunday.

2. Darkside

Darkside Banned

Dunno why he'd rather win a SuperBowl than be on our 5-11 team. Strange.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

3. THESMEL

THESMEL Registered

yea

I'm not sure he would have had as much success in our systemssssssss
    If i remeber right, He was a tweener in our 4-3 system at the time.

4. DoTheDew

DoTheDew Registered

Can't blame the guy. But one has to wonder if we'd somehow had Suggs in our SB year, if it would have made a difference? Maybe we get a key sack on Big Ben instead of allowing him to throw that clutch TD pass to Holmes? Who knows.

5. MaoTosiFanClub

MaoTosiFanClub Mike McCoy's Playbook

Probably would've been up by 20 points and not needed Sizzle had we picked All Day over Levi.

6. DoTheDew

DoTheDew Registered

Unless we were starting someone like Batiste in Levi's place. In which case Warner would have been injured long before we sniffed the SB.

7. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIMâ„¢ Contributor

8. 52brandon

52brandon Registered

lol. No Q = no SB. Suggs is a great player. And a great dude. But this **** was just childish and immature. He takes a shot at this organization now? Our president, GM and entire coaching staff is different. This isn't the same organization. Sad he's still so bitter after all this time

9. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

Things are seldom all good or all bad, but the least you could say was that the Cardinal FO over the long haul tended to overrate some players on their roster and sell short the importance of guys like Suggs and Q.

10. HookemCards

HookemCards Have at you!!!!!

He would have gotten to the SB sooner if we drafted him. Yes it was a mistake, but sheash to be bitter after this long, and not mention the other teams that passed on him is silly.

11. Duckjake

Duckjake Registered

I've often wondered the same thing in reference to Calvin Pace. But in looking back at that defense it had to be mostly on Pendergast.

They had Chike Okeafor who had 44 career sacks going into 2008. Darnell Dockett who had 9 sacks the year before. Antonio Smith who has had 13.5 sacks the last two seasons with the Texans. Calais Campbell, although a rookie. Betrand Berry who had 14.5 sacks for the Cards in 2004. Karlos Dansby who had 20.5 sacks his first 4 seasons and Adrian Wilson
    who had 8 sacks in 2005.

They had 5 guys who have made the pro bowl!
    Those guys total 274 career sacks. And they still couldn't get to Roethlisberger or hold a lead all season for that matter and finished 28th in points allowed despite having a high powered offense.

Maybe Pace or Suggs being younger than Berry and Okeafor might have helped. Who knows? But it's fun to discuss.

12. RedViper

RedViper Registered

Continuing to run his mouth about this nine years later shows that as a person, Suggs has a mental age that topped out at 13 or so. I feel sorry for anyone that has to deal with this clown on a daily basis. God forbid someone forget to change the toilet paper roll or something. The Cards didn't do a single thing to hurt this man-child except I guess, bruise his obviously fragile ego, but 9 years later, when Suggs is in a Superbowl, all he can talk about is the Cardinals when no one else even brought this up. Yes, its only a truism that the Cards have largely sucked as a franchise, but Suggs sucks as a human. And that something that actually matters and it never goes away.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  13. SoCal Cardfan

SoCal Cardfan Registered

Nicely stated!

14. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

How about he being on out Super Bowl winning team in 2008(I'm convinced that we would have beaten Pittsburgh if we had Suggs).

15. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

Coaching staff is different 3 times over.