Teams poking around the Diamondbacks outfielders

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Only players worth a damn BOS has are Devers and Verdugo and they are closer to FA than Varsho, Thomas, McCarthy, etc.

Keep what you got and sign FA's as stop gaps until these guys reach big leagues. The only guy I would be looking at potential deals for is Gallen, if you can get a top pitching prospect who is MLB ready but under control for six years plus another piece or two then you set yourself up long term under a small market budget.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would expect for an OF to get dealt soon, probably McCarthy because Thomas looks good in CF and Varsho is arguably best offensive player on team, Carroll is untouchable. ARZ traded for Kyle Lewis but the have the two Dominic's (Canzone & Fletcher) who look ready for big leagues now.

Ironically, ARZ could use a C and we have Varsho so it shouldn't be a need but Varsho has stated he doesn't expect to be playing C much longer because he feels it will shorten his career. I don't buy that because there are tons of C's who lasted into their late 30s by moving to DH but because Varsho is such a great defender for both a C and OF you can see why playing OF would be less wear and tear on his knees which would impact his speed which is very good for a guy his size.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would expect for an OF to get dealt soon, probably McCarthy because Thomas looks good in CF and Varsho is arguably best offensive player on team, Carroll is untouchable. ARZ traded for Kyle Lewis but the have the two Dominic's (Canzone & Fletcher) who look ready for big leagues now.

Ironically, ARZ could use a C and we have Varsho so it shouldn't be a need but Varsho has stated he doesn't expect to be playing C much longer because he feels it will shorten his career. I don't buy that because there are tons of C's who lasted into their late 30s by moving to DH but because Varsho is such a great defender for both a C and OF you can see why playing OF would be less wear and tear on his knees which would impact his speed which is very good for a guy his size.
Varsho is such a good corner OF’er that they shouldn’t waste his talent anywhere else. He is just entering his age 26 season so it’s hard to believe he gets dealt.

I think Lewis ends platooning with Thomas in CF.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Varsho needs to not catch. He has a very similar build to Montero, and Miggy started to break down physically at 30 and was either really bad or a part-time player after that. His knees won't last with his short, stocky build.

Willson Contreras is built to catch, and he would be my splash signing. Wilson can catch 100-120 games. Varsho can catch 15-20, and you can bring some young kids along. Plus, Wilson can DH some for match ups.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course the Dodgers want an elite defense / speed combo who happens to be a left handed at bat at CF.

With the loss of the shift, the larger base paths, and the limits on throws to first we should be keeping all our lefty's til the trade deadline.

Let Varsho catch and there is zero problem

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose