Reaction score
Is it Williams
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillMa04.htmM

15 Receptions last year starting.

and Arnold - 20 receptions in 3 seasons
http://www.nfl.com/player/danarnold/2559385/profile

6 Receptions last year as the 2nd TE.

21 receptions in Clay is gone.

Going in with 22 catches total from the TEs, with the current group and 43 total.

The Cards most common personnel was “11” personnel, with one back, one tight end and three receivers. They ran 346 plays that way.

They ran “12” personnel with one back, two receivers and two tight ends 245 times.

They had 19 plays in “13” personnel — one back, one receiver and three tight ends.

Is the TE just a glorified blocker in KK offense? Havent seen much discussion, running a spread does it take much of the importance of a TE off this team?

Is William's and Arnold enough to start the season with? I know Keim likes William's so is it his job to lose?

My guess is they grab a vet or a rookie? What's your take, as it seems TE gets ignored in the offseason talk.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Thadeus Moss as a potential day 3 draft pick...although he doesnt have great size.

I may regret it, but I like our TE's currently though. Both bring something different to the table.

The trick play pass to Clay against the Saints would have been a TD if that was Arnold.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is an excellent draft for TEs. They could grab a reasonable player in 3 or 4. That wouldn’t be a shock. Arnold flashed but is he the real deal.
Eh, I disagree.

This TE class sucks if anything.

I wouldn’t mind Josiah Deguara in the 4th round though.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is an excellent draft for TEs. They could grab a reasonable player in 3 or 4. That wouldn’t be a shock. Arnold flashed but is he the real deal.

this is horrible TE draft. One might not even come off the board till mid second round.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As a receiver, yes... as the full package I cannot say because I never paid attention to his blocking
I heard the announcers say "the coaching staff says he's also a really good blocker". This was after he scored the TD I think? Makes sense really, from his position, the only time you see the field really, is in blocking situations. The Saints used him very little, most of the time as an extra blocker probably.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There are always very experienced good TEs in FA each year and they arent the highest paid players.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Harrison Bryant, but he looks to be shooting up the boards....
In Lane Kiffin's offense @ FAU, Bryant was lined up in every conceivable spot and created mismatches. Too fast for LBs and too big for safeties. He understands how to get open. A move TE.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ouch. He only had 19 career receptions??!!!

This is why I hate Keim trade downs he has a horrible draft history, let him stick to picking the slam dunk picks, remember Cards needed a QB and this happened lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
this is horrible TE draft. One might not even come off the board till mid second round.
Yeah, I wrote that poorly. There’s no game breaker, first round guy. However, there are a number of good value picks in rounds 3-4. I think there’s a good chance the Cards take one at that point. I would not class the pool as horrible, but rather limited.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh troy left a bad taste in my mouth was soooo hopeful

Wouldn't mind a te in 5 6th round range

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose