TE Stephen Spach, re-signed with Arizona.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Have not seen this anywhere else. I really liked what he was doing before his injury last season.

LINK

Look under TSX section.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Good deal. That 3rd down catch he made against Atlanta was huge and let us control the ball down the stretch. He would have started in the SB.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know that he tore his ACL. Will he be ready for training camp? I don't recall what the report was regarding the timeframe on his injury.

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
I know that he tore his ACL. Will he be ready for training camp? I don't recall what the report was regarding the timeframe on his injury.
I can't imagine him being ready by camp and the start of the season might even be a stretch. The start of the season would be roughly a nine month turnaround which is really tough for an ACL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season on the PUP list or maybe he takes the Gabe Watson approach to the start of the season.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't imagine him being ready by camp and the start of the season might even be a stretch. The start of the season would be roughly a nine month turnaround which is really tough for an ACL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season on the PUP list or maybe he takes the Gabe Watson approach to the start of the season.

If that is the case we probably need to draft a TE that can block.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6 to 8 months typically before you can return to full activity.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
We gave him a Tender offer Weeks ago, although probably not widely reported.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Urban reported in his blog a couple of days ago that Spach has been one of the guys regularly showing up to work out so far this offseason. Don't know what that means for the condition of his knee though.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is taken from Urban's blog today:

"I talked to Spach this morning after his workout and he said he is coming along well after his surgery. He doesn’t see any reason why he shouldn’t be back during training camp, at least at some point. It really is amazing how far ACL surgeries have come just since I have been covering the league in 2000."

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Spach is a battler. This kid will be back sooner, rather than later.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Good to hear. I like this kid. Plays hard and blocks well. Might not be more than average at passing catching or blocking but he gives all out effort.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Count me as unimpressed. He was just the best out of an injury plague underachieving bunch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose