Taylor,Vincent,and Woody

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Eagles | Vincent Unlikely to be Re-signed - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:53:02 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the odds of the Philadelphia Eagles re-signing CB Troy Vincent, an unrestricted free agent, are slim.

Eagles | Taylor Unlikely to be Re-signed - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:53:36 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the odds of the Philadelphia Eagles re-signing CB Bobby Taylor, an unrestricted free agent, are slim.

Patriots | Woody to Test Free Agent Market - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:53:24 -0800

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports New England Patriots OL Damien Woody will enter into free agency after failing to reach a deal with the Patriots that would keep him off the market. Showing the ability to play both guard and center at a high level, Woody is likely to be high on the free agent wish list for other teams. Woody's agent, Ben Dogra, said the Patriots haven't made him an offer since before the 2003 season began. Woody did say he would consider returning to New England even if a more lucrative deal was found elsewhere.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by abcard
Eagles | Vincent Unlikely to be Re-signed - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:53:02 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the odds of the Philadelphia Eagles re-signing CB Troy Vincent, an unrestricted free agent, are slim.

Eagles | Taylor Unlikely to be Re-signed - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:53:36 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the odds of the Philadelphia Eagles re-signing CB Bobby Taylor, an unrestricted free agent, are slim.

Patriots | Woody to Test Free Agent Market - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:53:24 -0800

Tom E. Curran, of the Providence Journal, reports New England Patriots OL Damien Woody will enter into free agency after failing to reach a deal with the Patriots that would keep him off the market. Showing the ability to play both guard and center at a high level, Woody is likely to be high on the free agent wish list for other teams. Woody's agent, Ben Dogra, said the Patriots haven't made him an offer since before the 2003 season began. Woody did say he would consider returning to New England even if a more lucrative deal was found elsewhere.

That's a big risk for Woody since he tore his ACL. If I was him I'll sign a one year deal with the Pats and get healthy and then hit the FA market next year when he is fully healthy.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
I can't believe that the Eagles are letting there cb's walk. Thats insane. Their window of opportunity is finally closed.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I'd love to see one of them as a Cardinal. Yeah, they aren't young, but they can still play for a couple more years.

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oran
I'd love to see one of them as a Cardinal. Yeah, they aren't young, but they can still play for a couple more years.

But they won't come cheap. Wouldn't it be better to crush Winfield with an offer he couldn'nt refuse.

Shuesters

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shuesters2
But they won't come cheap. Wouldn't it be better to crush Winfield with an offer he couldn'nt refuse.

Shuesters

Of the two of them, I would go hard after Taylor. Vincent is played out IMO. Taylor is going to find alot of love in FA. Cards need a CB so I see no reason not to at least make a run.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rams4evah
I can't believe that the Eagles are letting there cb's walk. Thats insane. Their window of opportunity is finally closed.

I disagree. They already have 2 young CBs waiting in the wings(Lito Shepard, Sheldon Brown). This is a deep year for Free Agent CB's so they could always go after a younger replacement to add depth. Or they can snag another quality CB late in the first round to bolster depth.

Then they could use the money saved to go after one of the top FA WRs.

The Eagles know what they are doing and will be in the playoffs again next year.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease
I disagree. They already have 2 young CBs waiting in the wings(Lito Shepard, Sheldon Brown). This is a deep year for Free Agent CB's so they could always go after a younger replacement to add depth. Or they can snag another quality CB late in the first round to bolster depth.

Then they could use the money saved to go after one of the top FA WRs.

The Eagles know what they are doing and will be in the playoffs again next year.

Now this we agree on!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that the Eagles have figured the system out (salary cap) and know what they need to do to win. They now need to be able to take that final step to get to the Superbowl. They haven't figured that one out yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson